Post by librarian_7 »

Here's the link...

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/08/07/jason ... ow-people/

New Jason in early October! Yay!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Jason to guest on Tomorrow People

Post by allegrita »

Ooh, awesome news! Now I'm gonna have to check that show out. :winky: (To be honest, I was gonna do that anyway, since it has Robbie Amell in it.) :yes:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Wonder if this is a one-shot or if there's a possibility for a longer stint. Either way, it's long overdue exposure for Jason!!
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

That would be awesome. And hey, I found out from the attached interview that Peyton List (Tierney Taylor) is on that show, so there's a double Moonlight connection! :cheering: (I might have known that at one time and forgotten, actually... :blushing: )
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I'm getting really curious about this, because I've seen more than one article like this:

http://www.threeifbyspace.net/2013/09/d ... ow-people/

that phrasing, "joins cast" sure sounds like more than a one-shot appearance. Usually, if it's just one time, it'll say "guests" instead. I can't dig up anything for sure but, you know, I'm hopeful....
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Here I was thinking this would be soon, but alas, folks, we've got FIVE weeks to go. The series premiere is on Oct. 9, and Jason shows up for Ep. 4. So, probably Oct. 30. :sigh: and here I thought the wait was almost over.

**looks at watch**. Is it late October yet?

Now?
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

The premiere of this show is Wednesday. I'm going to watch to have the general premise so I'm ready when Jason appears.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I'm right there with you, Rhonda. :twothumbs:

I was mildly interested anyway. (I loved the first season of Heroes, which this makes me think of.) Having Jason showing up just seals the deal. :teeth:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Okay, watched the first episode. It's not as bad as all that. (Funny that the main character's mom is played by the same actress who played Bella's mom in the Twilight movies.)

The leader of the bad guys is very familiar from Supernatural--he had a recurring role for a season or so.

I can see the resemblance between Robbie Amell and his cousin, but I think Stephen is a lot cuter. (And damn, but it's annoying that Robbie's character's name is Stephen. This is bound to get confusing.)
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh yeah, and Sarah Clarke was also the evil Nina in Season 1 of 24! I like her. :teeth: I can't wait to watch the episode! :hyper2: :hyper2:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I watched. It wasn't as bad as The Hollywood Reporter review might have suggested, but it was no Arrow, either. :noway:

There was WAY too much expository dialogue and over-produced music. So far, I'm thinking John might be a much more interesting character than Stephen. But then, I've always been drawn to the "bad boys" more than the clean-cut heroes. :whistle:

Here's a bit of scoop about Jason's character. It's just a tiny bit spoilery -- not much more so than any of the early announcements, though.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/arti ... 2013101092
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Here's another link with a description of the episode. As with the last link, it's a little spoiler-y, although mostly in regards to the set-up of the plot, not what really happens.

http://www.ksitetv.com/tomorrow-people/ ... ring/25236

I wasn't totally enthralled with the first episode, but I'd sit through a lot worse than this to see Jason's handsome face on the screen again. :hearts:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

librarian_7 wrote: I wasn't totally enthralled with the first episode, but I'd sit through a lot worse than this to see Jason's handsome face on the screen again. :hearts:
You know it, baby! :highfive: (Rules of Engagement, anyone? :whistle: )

(And thanks for the link. :blinksmile: )
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Good gravy, who at the CW writes those blurbs? :dizzy: Could that description be any more convoluted? :rolling:

Hubby and I enjoyed the episode. It's not Shakespeare, but hey--it's aimed at teenage girls. Our biggest quibble is that nobody would believe any of those people are under 18. :snicker: But then again, "teenagers" on TV shows are usually in their mid-20's. So I'm pretty used to that. But I've got to say, it would have been easy for them to change the story to take place at a college instead of a high school. Just make the Tomorrow People traits emerge at the END of puberty rather than the beginning.

Oh well. Robbie A. is engaging, although nowhere near as charming as his cousin Stephen. And I agree, I'm kinda more drawn to John as an interesting character. Then again, Stephen is still a newbie, just finding his feet. And first episodes often suffer from too much exposition, as the creators try to set up the story's universe.

I'm hoping it does well enough to get a chance to find its feet... or at least till the 4th episode!! :fingerscrossed:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I did read an interview with Robbie that was pretty adorable. Apparently he lives near Stephen, and they hang out on weekends. AND he anticipates babysitting for Stephen's impending offspring, even though he says he's terrified of babies. :snicker:

Return to “Past Projects”