Jason - "King of The CW"

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Jason - "King of The CW"

Post by Lilly »

TVLine just ran a little feature where it noted the actors who have appeared on the most CW shows. Several, like Stephen Amell, Grant Gustin, Katie Cassidy and even Moonlight's Peyton List made the roundup, but all of them got some mileage from appearing on DC universe crossovers (Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow).

On the other hand, Jason -- with 7 CW appearances! -- topped the list without ever appearing on a DC show.
JASON DOHRING (7 shows)
Dohring may tie Cassidy in terms of CW roles, but the fact that he managed to reach that number without dipping his toe in the DC pond is a remarkable feat indeed. Currently wreaking glorious havoc on iZombie, Dohring’s CW past includes appearances on The Originals, The Messengers, The Tomorrow People, Ringer, Supernatural and, of course, Veronica Mars. Long live the King of The CW!
http://tvline.com/gallery/the-cw-most-p ... n-dohring/

Maybe they should just give him his own show... :whistle:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Jason - "King of The CW"

Post by allegrita »

Seven shows?! :teeth:
Lilly wrote:Maybe they should just give him his own show... :whistle:
Um, yeah... :yes: :wave: :cheer:
jmc
Rogue vampire

Post by jmc »

Lilly wrote:Maybe they should just give him his own show... :whistle:
We're waiting. :fingerscrossed:

. . . Love is strong as death . . . - Song of Solomon 8: 6
"fiercely faithful"

My beautiful MickBeth avatar by Twilightdew. My beautiful banner courtesy of the very talented Phoenix.
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Hellooooo! :slaphead:

If they wait a year, ya know, um, someone else would likely be available too. :whistle:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

I would absolutely watch a Jason show regardless of what he was doing!
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Ditto - give him his own show!
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Lilly wrote:

Maybe they should just give him his own show... :whistle:
Well, :snicker: that would be too logical. :2eyes:
myimmortal
Fledgling

Post by myimmortal »

Unfortunately, I think Alex moving from a CBS show to a CW show is about as likely as him moving from Hawaii to Vancouver or Atlanta (the cities where most CW shows are shot). :snicker:

I would love to see Jason leading his own show. The CW does seem to love him, so maybe they are just waiting for the right project -- as the TV Line article points out, a lot of the lead actors on CW shows started out doing guest roles in other CW shows.

My ideal project would have Jason doing noir in the style of Raymond Chandler's Philip Marlowe mysteries -- either an adaptation or inspired by it. I got into reading Philip Marlowe after finding out it was one of the inspirations for Angel of Vengeance. (I had already read the other inspiration, Dracula.) Jason's voice suits Chandler's writing style perfectly -- I can't help hearing Josef's voice in my head when I read the novels. For example, here's the opening paragraph of The Big Sleep:
It was about eleven o’clock in the morning, mid October, with the sun not shining and a look of hard wet rain in the clearness of the foothills. I was wearing my powder-blue suit, with dark blue shirt, tie and display handkerchief, black brogues, black wool socks with dark blue clocks on them. I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn’t care who knew it. I was everything the well-dressed private detective ought to be. I was calling on four million dollars.
Don't know if this is still in the works, but the CW is/was actually developing a Marlowe-esque TV series. Unfortunately Jason doesn't suit what they have in mind. :whistle:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ter-943464
_____
banner by me | avatar by cowpatface on deviant art

Return to “General Discussion”