Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Re: Coraline Beautiful Brunette Bombshell

Post by Phoenix »

A stunning noir(ish) shot.

A stunning contemporary shot.

Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

That's my fave Morgan shot. She's so beautiful there, and it's obvious that Shannyn has modelled.

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

I want my hair like hers in the Morgan pic. Layered like that...it's so pretty.

Beautiful shots.
*Christy*

Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Oh! Lovely.... are these promo shots or screen caps?????
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

wpgrace wrote:Oh! Lovely.... are these promo shots or screen caps?????
Promo shots, I think, Grace. I played with them a bit, as you can see. They turned out rather nicely in B & W. :teeth:

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Oh yeah... they look like they belong in b/w... and you usually don't see her that clearly in that scene. These are cool! :thumbs:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Oh, I have never seen those before. Ever. Those are lovely pics of Coraline. :thumbs:

Don't you just love how B&W adds so much to a pic. :biggrin:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

The close-up quality isn't brilliant, since I had to blow it up so much ... but that's from a promo shot.

I thought it was interesting that she was wearing a ring, since her hubby does...

Image Image

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ooh--I never noticed that before! Thanks, Phoenix--that is very cool!
Tam
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Tam »

Hello :)

I'm slowly but surely reading up here, and it's nice to see some Coraline (or Shannon) fans here. Most of the Moonlight fans I know, my brilliant co-author exempted, dislike (or even hate) her. I know a girl who fast-forwards her scenes and/or turns the sound off ;)
Personally, I guess it's jealousy or anger at the character 'disrupting' the happy blossoming romance between Mick and Beth. But they fail to see the Coraline arc is a romance in itself...

Through exploration in my fanfics, I've given Cora a lot of thought. By the time she met Mick, she'd been a vampire for a long while, surviving through an age in which (single), independent women would have had a hard time getting around. I suppose she would have attached herself to men, mortal or immortal, to survive. With her family in France and she in the US, I think she may have come to the New World to start over, perhaps to get away from her brothers and/or a demanding/oppressive sire. All just speculation, obviously :)

In my head, that's where Josef comes in ;) They met in NY sometime between 1861-65, and I think they may have posed as family (brother/sister, guardian/ward) / husband and wife to give the both of them an alibi and a co-conspirator. To have lived that long, Cora must have become good at what she did- and be at least as paranoid as Josef. I'd like to think they got along, but were never lovers (I'm not sure why, but I've always felt they were too alike). I think Josef's pensive expression when Beth grills him about Cora in his office (ep 9) is more than worry for Mick- I think it's also sadness about her 'death' / losing a friend.

Cora / Mick : I'd like to imagine that the way she picked up Mick was the way she hunted- preying on men using her looks. (being a courtisane, she would have known that game from her mortal life) But then she actually fell for him. I think she really did mean to give him a 'gift'- both she and Josef consider vampirism to be a blessing. But her insistence in the scene where she forces Mick to feed gives her a bit of a childish, stubborn feel- she's basically ignoring his distress. That lead to my interpretation of her having a short (and intensive) attentionspan, going hot and then cold on people. She tries to make it work with Mick, but fails...and Josef's there to pick up the pieces and help 'raise' Mick as a newborn vampire. (especially after failing to turn Sarah). I think it's tragic, in a way. She loved him, and wanted to be with him forever...and then ends up with a resentful husband will always blame her for what she did.

As for Mick, I think he really did love her (he says so himself repeatedly, and there's no mistaking his voice when he says "she was my wife") and felt bound to her, even after the turning. It took 33 years to break away, after all. I also think he missed her a lot, and felt very guilty about what he had done to save Beth.

So everyone going "eeeew cooties" at Mick being shocked when Coraline turns up again, or at the kiss, just because they like Beth better, well...all I can say is: Cora was there first ;)

Whew *gets off soapbox* Just a few thoughts. None of this is any more probable than other theories, I guess, but we have to make fanfiction work somehow! This is my version...
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Tam, you are more than welcome to get on your soapbox anytime - as long as you do so in the appropriate thread. :hug:

BTW, a quick glance at my avatar and banner should explain a lot. :whistle:

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Without Coraline (and Josh) to make things complicated, the MickBeth romance would have been bla. And Coraline with her interesting backstory and her ways to turn heads was way more interesting than Josh. Sadly.
There are a lot of stories around here where Coraline is a great character. Just try Phoenix' Emma-series. Or redwinter's Anniversary-series. You won't regret it.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

So beautiful, and so tragic...

Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

:hankie: Considering her family, it's amazing that Coraline wasn't far more damaged...

Return to “Coraline DuVall”