Feed

darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Feed

Post by darkstarrising »

Interesting take on the film. It's not for the faint of heart, but if you can get beyond the shocking, many of the actors shine in their various roles....and Alex does a fabulous job playing Michael Carter as a handsome, charming, seemingly normal suburban husband with a dirty little secret. Once inside Michael's psychotic mind, you'll never listen to the song 'Cherish' the same way again. :devil:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Tam
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Tam »

Hmm, great blog post - though I actually do find Alex attractive in Feed :blushing:
kalua
Freelance freshie

Post by kalua »

I like to read new opinions on Alex's old movies. This is an interesting review of FEED from Chris Davis, a staff writer at Hawaii Five-0 Online (she's reviewing some movies of the H50 cast):

http://www.authorcdavis.com/2011/08/27/ ... view-feed/
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Hey Kalua! Thanks for the links to the reviews. It is interesting seeing peeps see his stuff for the first time.

Has she seen Mary Bryant yet?
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ooh--I really enjoyed this review. She's got a lot of interesting things to say. :thumbs:
kalua
Freelance freshie

Post by kalua »

wpgrace wrote:Hey Kalua! Thanks for the links to the reviews. It is interesting seeing peeps see his stuff for the first time.

Has she seen Mary Bryant yet?
No, she hasn't, maybe because MB isn't really a movie. In addition to the links I posted, she reviewed TBUP.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

The lovely folks at Alex O'Loughlin's Place have posted a BUNCH of behind-the-scenes pics from Feed, on their Facebook page. The album can be viewed even if you don't have a Facebook account. Warning, if you haven't seen Feed, some of the pictures are pretty spoilery (they show Alex in makeup from different scenes, etc.).

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 931&type=1
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Those have to be blue contacts! Must bluer than usual - and he's wearing mostly browns and beiges so the eyes can't be picking up the color.
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

r1015bill wrote:Those have to be blue contacts! Must bluer than usual - and he's wearing mostly browns and beiges so the eyes can't be picking up the color.
Or maybe it's because he is "blond" in these pics and has even dyed his eyebrows blond to go with. :laugh: On 5-0 Alex's eyes seem more blue then hazel because of the environment and dressing him in shades of blue. So maybe the same can be said here the blond hair with the slate blue shirt may also be enhancing the blue in his eyes...no brown locks or dark clothing to bring up the Hazel in his chameleon eye color. :winky:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Actually, looking through the pics, I saw some where his eyes looked greenish or brownish. So I think it was his "real" eye color. Maybe there was a big blue background behind the camera... :chin:

There are a few of these where he looks like Mick to me. Even with the blond hair, he's got that intensity of expression, that eyebrow wrinkle, those pursed lips...

:melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts:

Sorry... :blushing:

As different as Michael is from Mick, there are a few expressions that really evoke Mick for me. And when he looked over the top of his shades? Well, I got all kinds of nostalgic. :happysigh:

And quite a few of them are all Alex, with his goofy expressions and body language. I love them so much! :hearts:

Anyway... it was wonderful to see these pics, most of which I'd never seen before.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Appreciate the behind the scenes pix. As creepy as that flick was, the end with an emancipated Michael made it even creepier. The pix of his make-up for that scene give you a better idea of what the artist had to do to get that look.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!

Return to “Past Projects”