Whiteout, part 2: more discussion, links, and so on

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Whiteout, part 2: more discussion, links, and so on

Post by librarian_7 »

Okay, fire away, friends...

Personally, I'm going to see this tonight, so I'll be back later this evening with comments.

Lucky
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Re: Whiteout, part 2: more discussion, links, and so on

Post by librarian_7 »

Well, I have a lot of comments...much of it picayune stuff which I'll put under spoiler tags, if I get around to it.

Alex did as much as he could, with what he had to work with. He certainly rocked that towel. :teeth:

Lucky
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Oh please do share, Lucky....

And I have finally gotten around to this interview posted by Red on WhiteOut thread 1...

http://www.tribute.ca/interviews/Alex+O ... archat/690

Alex discusses his ass shelf and how his analogy was MUCH more heterosexual than Gabriel Macht's.

Just YUM!

Red

This was really funny! :giggle: Was that reporter that Kate O'Hara chick who has interviewed him before... anybody know??
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

wpgrace wrote:Was that reporter that Kate O'Hara chick who has interviewed him before... anybody know??
I searched on the site to try to find out - but I couldn't find anything. Anyone else know?

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

I have a feeling this interview might have been quite late on in the press day...

http://g4tv.com/videos/41287/Whiteout-Movie-Preview/

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
nayp
Fledgling

Post by nayp »

Hubby and I and another couple went to Whiteout last night.. No it was not the best movie we have seen this summer, but it certainly was not the worst. So with all the bad reviews, I was pleasantly surprised, and not just because of Alex, hubby and the other couple felt the same way.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

redwinter101 wrote:I have a feeling this interview might have been quite late on in the press day...

Red
Man, Alex really can laugh at himself, can't he? Even Gabriel was beginning to enjoy it!!
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

darkstarrising wrote:
redwinter101 wrote:I have a feeling this interview might have been quite late on in the press day...

Red
Man, Alex really can laugh at himself, can't he? Even Gabriel was beginning to enjoy it!!
I agree with Red. I think they both were getting tired and kinda punchy. Cute to see, but I began to feel a bit sorry for them and the obviously looonnnggg day they endured. Ahhh..such are the trappings of success, huh, Alex? :snicker:
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Reading all the stories from those who managed to see Whiteout has been wonderful. Thanks, ladies. :flowers:

Still haven't seen it and not sure when I'll have time now but there is always the DVD release to look forward to. :snicker:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Um... you learn the most interesting things about Alex when he gets punchy... :laugh:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

allegrita wrote:Um... you learn the most interesting things about Alex when he gets punchy... :laugh:
'Interesting' is a good way of putting it :snicker: that was a bit too much information ....I wonder if he remembers everything he said during what was apparently a marathon interview session....
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

wpgrace wrote:Oh please do share, Lucky....

Well, let's see...
Spoiler:
Okay, say you're out in the middle of nowhere with two other people. You fall through a hole in the ice. Your companions are calling out, asking if you're okay. Don't you AT LEAST say, "yeah, I'm fine, but this is interesting..."

AND in that situation, where one of a party of three has fallen down an obviously unstable 20 foot hole in the ice, do BOTH the other two people come down the hole? Especially when NO ONE knows where you are?

AND...once the three of you get out of said unstable hole, and you're worrying if your vehicle, which has been sitting for some time with the lights on, is going to have enough battery power left to start, don't you turn the lights OFF before cranking the engine? Heck, I know that from driving a regular car in normal circumstances...and it's not usually a life and death matter.
There's more...
Spoiler:
For another thing, if they were planning to close down the base, mostly, for winter, or even not closing the base, knowing the force of the storm on its way, they would have battened down equipment MUCH better. None of this flapping tarps, boxes blowing around. They had quite some lead time on the storm, they knew about it before the body first turned up. Everything would have been tied down tight, or brought inside.
Lucky
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Well I just saw the weekly totals on imdb. The movie came in 7th

http://www.imdb.com/chart/
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Ouch!! The gross take was pretty sad....doesn't look like a hit.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

librarian_7 wrote:
wpgrace wrote:Oh please do share, Lucky....

Well, let's see...
Spoiler:
Okay, say you're out in the middle of nowhere with two other people. You fall through a hole in the ice. Your companions are calling out, asking if you're okay. Don't you AT LEAST say, "yeah, I'm fine, but this is interesting..."

AND in that situation, where one of a party of three has fallen down an obviously unstable 20 foot hole in the ice, do BOTH the other two people come down the hole? Especially when NO ONE knows where you are?

AND...once the three of you get out of said unstable hole, and you're worrying if your vehicle, which has been sitting for some time with the lights on, is going to have enough battery power left to start, don't you turn the lights OFF before cranking the engine? Heck, I know that from driving a regular car in normal circumstances...and it's not usually a life and death matter.
There's more...
Spoiler:
For another thing, if they were planning to close down the base, mostly, for winter, or even not closing the base, knowing the force of the storm on its way, they would have battened down equipment MUCH better. None of this flapping tarps, boxes blowing around. They had quite some lead time on the storm, they knew about it before the body first turned up. Everything would have been tied down tight, or brought inside.
Lucky
:rolling: :rolling: I think you're expecting too much of em, Lucky... they're just actors and probably didn't know any better... :giggle:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)

Return to “Past Projects”