Mary Bryant--The Beginning

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Re: Mary Bryant--The Beginning

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

redwinter101 wrote:For all of you who love MB, I strongly recommend you check out this vid by the fabulously talented silvervintage girls:

Kissing You

Hankies at the ready....

Red
Am skeered (channeling pgal) to watch it. :sigh:
Last edited by allegrita on Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: to fix broken link (youtube video)
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

Wonderful video, just wonderful. Truly catches the film. :clapping:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
MoonMad
Fledgling

Post by MoonMad »

wpgrace wrote:...I'm assuming Australia had a lot of Irish and Scots in the early settlements as well?
Oh my word yes! Australia was practically pure British ancestry up until after the second world war when migrants were brought out from Europe to populate and work (our population was so small). Finally, the government relaxed the White Australia Policy (terrible racism there) and allowed an influx of asians etc., and now we are a true polyglot nation (which I love).

(Apologies for the OT'ness, but I gotta answer questions right? :rose: )
phoenix wrote:Actually, I don't have very good hearing, so I have to really listen when people speak, otherwise I miss a lot. Perhaps that's why I notice the accent thing. Don't Queenslanders say "hooray" instead of "g'day"? That's a word thing, not an accent thing, but notable nevertheless. And have you ever been to Adelaide, MoonMad? They have the softest Aussie accents I've ever heard. (BTW, I grew up near the Black Stump, where the men all talked like Crocodile Dundee. The further away from civilization, the thicker the accent...)
No, I've never been anywhere but NSW and now Qld, Phee (apart from a brief holiday in Victoria once), so the slight difference in accent up north took me by surprise. Can't say I've noticed "hooray" instead of "g'day" (still hear plenty of g'days), but they definitely tack "hey" on the end of their sentences. So you get lots of..."so I took the car to the mechanic last week 'ay"...just as a statement not a question. Quite funny to listen to. I've also noticed the thicker drawls from the country people. I did a bit of eye rolling when I watched the movie Australia at the over the top accents, but I guess with their isolation at that time in the far north it was probably quite accurate.

Apologies again for the OT, and to keep Fleur happy, how about this...I want to say how much I love Romola Garai in this show. I thought she was FABULOUS! She and Alex had amazing chemistry and I think she was quite young too. I didn't realise until I saw her in Atonement that she was actually British. Quite a luminous beauty she has, and no mean talent either. Alex did well to hold his own against her, because a lesser actor could have suffered by comparison, so strong was Mary's personality. Just a great show all round, and so damned SAD! :baby:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Hmmmmmm... Alex must have been a very good science student in school... he seems to have great chemistry with almost all actresses....

Go figure!
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Well, I finally watched this video, and it is supremely beautiful.
So touching. It captured so many lovely moments of the movie. Thank you for making this, thank you for sharing it.

Am overwhelmed with emotion at the moment.
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

I re-rented Mary Bryant this weekend since it's been at least a couple years since I last watched.

This time, I have HDTV so in the scene where Will stares at the cabin where Mary is with the Lieutenant, I noticed for the first time that he is crying. There's one wet track going down Alex's left cheek. That scene totally impressed me on my old TV but now it's totally ripped my heart out.

And will is kind of refreshing after seeing McG for awhile; he's just such a different personality.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

r1015bill wrote:I re-rented Mary Bryant this weekend since it's been at least a couple years since I last watched.

This time, I have HDTV so in the scene where Will stares at the cabin where Mary is with the Lieutenant, I noticed for the first time that he is crying. There's one wet track going down Alex's left cheek. That scene totally impressed me on my old TV but now it's totally ripped my heart out.

And will is kind of refreshing after seeing McG for awhile; he's just such a different personality.

Arrrghhhh! Now I wanna rewatch! :heart:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, Will... :hankie: :hankie: :comfort2:

I want to re-watch it, too. :hearts:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

I am going to pick my cherries and sit infront of the tv to watch Mary Bryant tonight..Mr maggatha working late again and I can bear no Greek or international news anymore.. :bmoon:

So, yes, it is just Will for me tonight! :cloud9:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

*hands Maggatha a big box of tissues* :comfort2: :hearts: :hankie: :hearts:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I popped into this thread today and discovered there were a bunch of missing pictures. :Mickangel: I've replaced the ones I could, but I don't have all of 'em. But while I'm here, I thought I'd share some of the lovely pictures that I do have...

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

:hearts: I love his expressive face. And he was so young then! :heart:
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

The original video mentioned earlier Kissing You" is no longer at the link provided. The post was about six years old so I guess this comes as no surprise. However, the creators of that video reposted it and you can get it at Youtube but not at that link. Not sure how to post links but it is fairly easy to find on Youtube if you enter Mary Bryant and then "Kissing You".
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

francis wrote: :hearts: I love his expressive face. And he was so young then! :heart:
Really young! How old was he when he did Mary Bryant?
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

Moonlightsonata wrote:The original video mentioned earlier Kissing You" is no longer at the link provided. The post was about six years old so I guess this comes as no surprise. However, the creators of that video reposted it and you can get it at Youtube but not at that link. Not sure how to post links but it is fairly easy to find on Youtube if you enter Mary Bryant and then "Kissing You".
Here's the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_j0Ar7D2Hs :heart: :hearts: :hankie:

Return to “Past Projects”