Where in the world is Alex O'Loughlin?

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Where in the world is Alex O'Loughlin?

Post by wpgrace »

Ahhhh... isn't that a sweet thing to say... :thumbs:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

I'm wondering if Alex has any idea what to say to us right now. I found the following information on MLD.

There's someone named Jason Scoggins who has a blog about casting rumors.

He says [Offers] "Out to Alex O'loughlin for HAWAII FIVE-0, THE WHOLE TRUTH, THE CAPE and TRUE BLUE."
These offers are for CBS, ABC, NBC, ABC respectively.

http://www.lifeonthebubble.com/life-on- ... umors.html

So who is Jason Scoggins and why should we trust him? From another source, I found this description.

Jason Scoggins is a manager and partner at Protocol, a Beverly Hills-adjacent literary management and production company. He represents writers, directors and producers of film and TV alongside Protocol's founding partners Brian Inerfeld and John Ufland. After getting his start in the entertainment business as an assistant at ICM, Scoggins became a TV Literary Agent at The Gersh Agency, followed by a stint at Writers & Artists Agency and then several years in the wilderness. He returned to the business in 2007, just in time to be impacted by the run-up to the WGA strike.

http://www.gointothestory.com/2009/08/q ... art-1.html
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

No idea who the guy is... but if he is correct, then our Alex has several viable offers. So good on 'im! Maybe TPTB are getting a clue to his enormous appeal. :twothumbs:

Hopefully whatever he chooses will also be a success. And get picked up by the network it's on in the first place.

Damn! It's a long road to success in Hollywood! :phew:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Thanks for sharing that, r1015bill. If it's true, at least Alex several options. I hope that at least some of those shows are good!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

If true, it's wonderful that he's in demand and it's certainly nice to have choices, even if some of them are questionable. :roll:

Of the 4 shows mentioned, the only one I haven't heard of is The Whole Truth. Is anyone familiar with that one? It sounds like a legal show.

True Blue seems to be very much an ensemble piece. The casting call can be found here: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/01/true-b ... e-and.html

STORY LINE
Six best friends who drifted apart a few years ago after coming up the ranks together in the San Francisco Police Department reunite in their new roles (detectives, a prosecutor and a police captain) to solve the mysterious murder of the seventh member of the once-close group. In the process, old rivalries and romances are re-ignited...

While H 5-0 seems to be a shoe-in for a spot this fall, who knows if any of the others would make it to the fall schedule? I have to wonder if the pressure of having multiple offers is almost as bad as having none at all. :sadface:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

I thought True Blue sounded interesting and the kind of thing Alex could do really well too.

MLD mentioned where to find out more about The Whole Truth (see the one for Jerry Bruckheimer)

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/devwatch.aspx?series=w

The Whole Truth is "drama that is focused on showing evenly both the defense and the prosecution as they build and try a case"

Coming off of Three Rivers where they were going to show the donor, the recipient and the staff equally (which IMO didn't work because it made for too many stories), this doesn't interest me.

Of course "an interesting idea" does mean that it will be written well or not have off-screen drama or be well funded.
skyeeblue
Kostan Industries intern

Post by skyeeblue »

I am just ready to see him back on the television or a movie would be great to.
Av by the awsome SS....and my beautiful banner by Eris.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

r1015bill, Lilly, thanks for the info. :twothumbs:

skyeeblue, so lovely to see you stopping by!! And I hear you - the drought is painful... :mdrama:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

So we are all hanging around again waiting for news on Alex again? :sigh:

Having missed out on a lot of online time lately, I was pleased to log in to twitter tonight to find this little gem:

From David Blue:
Caught up with Alex O'Loughlin on the phone yesterday. Always great chatting w/ him. Hopefully we'll get to hang before I leave for #SGU S2!
So David has spoken to him at least. :D
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

:wave: Hi, coco! Good to see you. Thanks for the news from David! :twothumbs:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Thank implies Alex is back from Australia.

Yes, I know that there are telephones in Australia. :dunce: It just seemed unusual to me that David would call him if he was still there.
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

Well unless someone on Twitter wants to Twitter David Blue back (assuming that can be done - I am definitely Twitter challenged) another possibility is to send a note to the following

Askmatt@tvguidemagazine.com

I sent another note today. Never received any answer to my note from last week, and while I hate to bother Matt, I imagine if a bunch of fans send notes today, he might actually put something in his column. Even if it is just that he doesn't know. Just a thought.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Moonlightsonata, I could certainly tweet back to David Blue - do you mean to ask him about what Alex is up to? I'm happy to ask him about what he himself is doing at the moment, but asking about Alex? To be honest, that seems kind of rude to me.

As for other sources for news, I would think it's unlikely that if the journalists had any confirmations they would include them in a response to a fan but not post them in an article. :shrug:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

Redwinter - sorry for a possible misunderstanding. Matt R. has a weekly column in TVGuideMagazine,com in which he answers questions that fans send to him at the address I provided in my post. I wouldn't expect him to respond to me personally, but I thought that if enough people asked the same question, maybe he would include it in his weekly column which I think comes out next Monday.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Gah!!! Now I understand (perhaps) the prolonged silence.....with four offers to choose from, which one does he take? :dizzy:

I don't have a clue about how having an actor contracted to one network frees him to do a show on another, but perhaps there is a way. Perhaps that is why Nina was so anxious to have Alex on board for a long time to come.

Whatever he chooses, I hope it's for the best.... :hearts:

But for all of our sakes, just a little hint of what's going on in his life, maybe a recent pic or two, would be greatly appreciated. :whistle:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!

Return to “General Discussion”