Where in the world is Alex O'Loughlin?

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Where in the world is Alex O'Loughlin?

Post by redwinter101 »

:giggle: and :clapping:

Well said, Suz.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Okay, I by no means want to reignite the "Holly is/isn't a Tart" wars, but I'm kinda missin' the celebrity couple shots we used to get when she landed back on "native" soil. :snicker:

I mean, regardless of whether the tart/untart was good for him or not, at least she got him some recognition on hiatus (and she was good to us with piccies).

By now, we might have had the obligatory landing at the airport paps shot:

Followed by the routine daily-life snaps:

And, if we were lucky, a travelogue:

Back then, we didn't really understand the meaning of 'drought', I think.

So yes, Red, a blog would be nice... a pic even better... but I also think we have to expect that as he gets more famous, his access and "openess" will be more controlled. This J-Lo thing kinda scares me with its potential for "crazy." I hope he gets just the right amount of fame. :fingerscrossed: ... and a new girlfriend who likes to share. :devil:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

So yes, Red, a blog would be nice... a pic even better... but I also think we have to expect that as he gets more famous, his access and "openess" will be more controlled.
HotMicks, I think you're spot on. We're so used to Alex being "ours" that it's a hard thing to realize that he's going to be less and less accessible the more famous and busy he gets.

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

I'm not unduly concerned, I mean Alex has never been one for high visibility or high accessibility. :shrug: The occasional blog and a few pics on his MySpace has pretty much been it (apart from TV interviews specifically related to a project or PSA).

I hope he doesn't start to get coverage in a way that invades his privacy or makes him unhappy.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

wpgrace wrote:Oh and another party! I LOVE an Alex party!!! Well, assuming we get news... assuming that news is good news... hmmmmm.... :chin: :fingerscrossed:

And I had heard that the weird NBC show rumors revolved around a show called The Cape... about a caped crusading comic-bookish hero.
Tho the title sounds more like a National Geographic special... :confused2:

PLEASE let THAT one just be a silly silly rumor... :pray:
Heavens, grace, I thought you were kidding.....apparently, NBC has ordered to pilot a show called 'The Cape'. The description is 'drama about a former cop framed for a crime he didn't commit who becomes the cape, a masked hero, to clear his name and reunite with his son' :gasp:

Somehow, with CBS wanting to keep Alex all to themselves, 'loaning' him to NBC for that is inconceivable (I hope)
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Albra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Albra »

VAsusieQ18 wrote:Goat herding in the Outback maybe? :snicker:

Or deep sea fishing in Mexico?

Making sure Tai-Shan makes it home to China?

Learning to be a chef at the Culinary Institute in France?
... or maybe inside this cab :

Okay, okay – just daydreaming ... :whistle:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Ah...but what a lovely dream it is, Albra :hearts:
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

darkstarrising wrote:
wpgrace wrote:Oh and another party! I LOVE an Alex party!!! Well, assuming we get news... assuming that news is good news... hmmmmm.... :chin: :fingerscrossed:

And I had heard that the weird NBC show rumors revolved around a show called The Cape... about a caped crusading comic-bookish hero.

Heavens, grace, I thought you were kidding.....apparently, NBC has ordered to pilot a show called 'The Cape'. The description is 'drama about a former cop framed for a crime he didn't commit who becomes the cape, a masked hero, to clear his name and reunite with his son' :gasp:

Somehow, with CBS wanting to keep Alex all to themselves, 'loaning' him to NBC for that is inconceivable (I hope)
Okay, I can almost see the logic in that one...work with me, here, but--

"Gee, all those crazy lady fans loved him as a vampire, who sort of had a secret identity, and was very nearly a superhero. Maybe...they'd go for him as a superhero, angsty about an injustice done to him, and like this show even better. And we wouldn't have to spring for the fake fangs..."

Not saying it's GOOD reasoning, but frankly, have we known network tv people to reason logically or well?

Lucky
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ooooooh - what a gorgeous picture, Albra! If he is in that cab, he's a lucky man to see such a beautiful sight! :hearts:

As for The Cape... well, I hope he's not being considered for that... and if he is, I hope he's dismissing it as the idiotic concept it is... :roll:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

librarian_7 wrote:
darkstarrising wrote:

Okay, I can almost see the logic in that one...work with me, here, but--

"Gee, all those crazy lady fans loved him as a vampire, who sort of had a secret identity, and was very nearly a superhero. Maybe...they'd go for him as a superhero, angsty about an injustice done to him, and like this show even better. And we wouldn't have to spring for the fake fangs..."

Not saying it's GOOD reasoning, but frankly, have we known network tv people to reason logically or well?

Lucky
God help me, Lucky, but that does make some kind of sense....stranger things have happened.. I have this image of Jack Flange wearing his fruit roll-up mask just before the heist....
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

:coffee: :coffee:

Oh my... network people. And NBC network people... since when have THEY had a clever thought lately??

And no, dear Dark, I was not kidding. I do not kid about Alex. :noway:
Oh WHO am I fooling here? Of COURSE I do! But in THIS case I wasn't kidding... Hopefully the blogger who posted it was tho... :rolling:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

A cape? Alex made Mick, which was turning a bleh concept into uber-cool. He made me fall in love with a criminal and even watch a bland do-gooder-cardiologist. If he had the right writers he could give Clark Kent a run for his money. But he needs material to work with so I really truly hope this was just a joke to get the hits on this blog.
If Alex played some kind of Superman he would have a really hard time to hide the coolness while he plays the normal-geeky guy. Just saying. :whistle:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

francis wrote:A cape? Alex made Mick, which was turning a bleh concept into uber-cool. He made me fall in love with a criminal and even watch a bland do-gooder-cardiologist. If he had the right writers he could give Clark Kent a run for his money. But he needs material to work with so I really truly hope this was just a joke to get the hits on this blog.
If Alex played some kind of Superman he would have a really hard time to hide the coolness while he plays the normal-geeky guy. Just saying. :whistle:
So true, Francis. I offer the following evidence to support your statement:
one.zebra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by one.zebra »

PN, I WISH I knew the location of our favorite guy!
...I meant regrouping emotionally, and that I didn't think he'd crash as hard and get sick in S. America or somewhere like last time...
If you're going to work in Television you must come to grips with the fact that
'Sh*t, I mean-cancellation happens' regardless that you throw your whole self into the role...
In the mean time for us it's :Mickangel:

PNWgal wrote:
one.zebra wrote:He's regrouping after 3R cancellation...getting his head clear to move on to the next (3rd time's the charm) project.

He has some experience (unfortunately), so I don't think it will take as long this time.

I'm infinitely curious as to how you know this - I keep reading on the various boards he headed for Australia after 3R was cancelled, but I've never seen confirmation on that fact.

Of course it could be out there and I just missed it.
Banner and avatar by Twilightdew!

Travelling 33rpm in an iPod world
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

PNW - Alex did say he was going to Australia for Christmas on that internet chat he did just as TR premiered. I believe he did mention in a couple articles that he was a little homesick so was looking forward to it.

What we DON'T know is if and how his plans changed with the cancellation of TR. Given all this activity about what part he might take, I gotta believe he's back but hanging low because he can't say anything. Remember last year that he was very close lipped about what might be going on professionally.

Although as someone else said, it would be nice to know. (Like we have any right to know anything...)

Oh, I agree about NBC network people. But the thing is that NBC needs five hours of programming NOW. I can see getting a shot there where CBS just has a few spaces.

Return to “General Discussion”