Alex on the Ellen DeGeneres Show 5/17/2013

maggatha3
Ancient

Re: Alex on the Ellen DeGeneres Show 5/17/2013

Post by maggatha3 »

:chin: In wiki it uses the form 'mongooses'. It also says
The word "mongoose" is derived from the Marathi name mungus (मुंगूस) (pronounced as [muŋɡuːs]), perhaps ultimately from Dravidian (cf. Telugu mungeesa (ముంగిస), Kannada mungisi (ಮುಂಗಿಸಿ)). The form of the English name (since 1698) was altered to its "-goose" ending by folk-etymology. It has no etymological connection with the word goose. The plural form is mongooses,[3] or, rarely, mongeese.[4] It has also been spelled "mungoose".[5]
And this is definitely not a comment I expected to add in a thread about Alex's interview.. :laugh: Our thread and discussion is just perfect...but from Ellen's interview I had ....higher expectations all this time. :yes: Loved the pictures of Lion, loved Alex's friendly self...even his view was terrific! But for those who don't know him...they didn't get to know him or his work at all...Why??????
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

I am getting off the animal topic - hope no one minds. I don't normally watch the Ellen show so I am not really familiar with how she works. In addition I didn't see the Rob Lowe interview only the Alex interview which someone posted on Facebook I think.

Earlier someone mentioned that nothing about Alex's work was really mentioned. I agree. While Alex doesn't have a movie to promote - it seems like the interview was timely enough to mention the season finale and something happening in that. Instead we got a picture of Lion and some other personal stuff that isn't going to help the show in any way. To be honest, I don't care much about the show (I watch Castle live when it is on, but DVR 5-0 and have actually deleted some of the shows before watching them) but it seems like the interview could have yielded some more about Alex's business life.

I have to mention this and for those never involved in the Moonlightline fiasco you can skip this. I remember how hush hush we were told to keep it when the issue of Alex having a son Saxon came up. Admittedly, a lot of this might have related to the owner of the web site but we were advised to keep Alex's personal stuff like that under wraps.

Now it's 5 years later and Alex is on a talk show and the only real topic of discussion is his personal life. I don't get it I guess? For those who don't know him, are they really going to give a damn or is this basically Ellen's style? I remember when we were going crazy trying to save Moonlight, someone suggested we write to Ellen and I was one of those who did. Never received a response, of course. Just one of many non-responses in those days. I just can't help but think that 5-0 really is just another crime procedural with beautiful scenery along with a little bit of character story thrown in and Moonlight was really something special that might have made it if it was on a year or two later. Sorry for the ranting, but just how I feel. And since this is a Moonlightaholics board, I felt it might be okay.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

MLS--you're right, there is a different "feel" to this. Now, I will say that in the past, we stayed away from pics of Saxon, and out of Alex's personal life, because that was how he wanted it. It's a another thing if Alex is talking about his sons, and other parts of his personal life. His choice, not prying by over-zealous fans. This still doesn't mean it's open season for pics and speculation about Alex's family life. We're still not a gossip site.

But, yeah, it does seem like they could have spent a little more time promoting Alex's actual work.

Ah, well, we've been complaining all these years about him not being on the talk show circuit. We should probably enjoy what we got!
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

I believe the plural of mongoose is...mongoose. :teeth:

Finally got a chance to watch the interview - Alex really is charming. :hearts: And I very much enjoyed the Rob Lowe interview as well

Baby Lion is cuuuuuuuute (even Mr. PNW thought so), but I don't see much of a resemblance to Alex - he really favors his mother. Those bunny ears just cracked me up. :laugh:
I just can't help but think that 5-0 really is just another crime procedural with beautiful scenery along with a little bit of character story thrown in and Moonlight was really something special that might have made it if it was on a year or two later.
5-0's never claimed to be anything else but a procedural, and I'm ok with that. :blinksmile:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Maybe they didn't talk about the show and/or the finale much because The Ellen Show isn't on CBS and they didn't want to promote another network any more than they had to. :chin:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
MoonMarg
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonMarg »

MickLifeCrisis wrote:Maybe they didn't talk about the show and/or the finale much because The Ellen Show isn't on CBS and they didn't want to promote another network any more than they had to. :chin:
That's quite a good point & totally plausible. I actually liked the interview. I know all about the show so was happy to hear some personal stuff. If all they talked about was 5-0 then some folks would have bemoaned the fact there was nothing personal. By promoting Alex, it promotes his show anyway. I watch shows because I like the actors.
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

MLC--good point, but then again--- she sure spoke about Rob Lowe's role in the new Liberace movie at length, which is airing on HBO.

As much as I want to see Alex and hear about what he does in his off time, I'm also concerned about the numbers for Hawaii 5-0. Promoting it would have been a smart step. Especially because interviews with him are so rare.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Perhaps if Alex had done a professional venture it would have been GREAT news.... it seems now we are blessed with his enjoying his personal life and I am glad to come out from under 'the silence'.

Whenever he is ready I am happy to see photos and hear more!

Return to “General Discussion”