Alex on the Ellen DeGeneres Show 5/17/2013

darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Alex on the Ellen DeGeneres Show 5/17/2013

Post by darkstarrising »

Rob Lowe was fun and it seemed that Alex's time with Ellen was comparatively brief. Lion's baby shots were adorable and that view from the deck is to die for.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Utterly darling! But much too short.

Kinda weird gifts from Ellen. :dizzy:

ETA:
If you have facebook, here's the interview.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... =2&theater
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

It worked for me too...and I have no facebook!! Thanks, Rhonda!! :kiss:

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

After the long segment with Rob Lowe, I was hoping for more than what we got. And maybe it's just me, but of all the H50 clips they could have used, they picked that?? :eyeroll: I'd like to have seen McG in action.

Did is seem like she kept interrupting him?

Loved the pictures of Lion though, and that wetsuit was so cute! I can totally see Spike wanting to wear it!

Nice deck and nice view. :teeth:

Still, glad for what we got to see! :twothumbs:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Although I wish we had an hour straight of Ellen interviewing Alex, I was actually pleased with the amount of time he received. Rob Lowe was the obvious major interviewee--bigger name, been around longer, etc.

I think the interrupting is Ellen's way--- interjecting humor, moving the interview along, etc. Someone like Rob probably handles that type of interviewing a bit better bc he's had much more experience with it. There seemed to be a better flow between him and Ellen.

I do wish there had been another scene shown---perhaps an Alex and Danny one---but that was a cute scene between McG and his mom. However, if you'd never seen the show, an action type scene or a cargument one would have been more indicative of what the series is about.
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Fleur de Lisa wrote: However, if you'd never seen the show, an action type scene or a cargument one would have been more indicative of what the series is about.
Exactly.
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

I was surprised by the brevity of the 'interview', but what I found even more surprising is that it consisted of mostly personal stuff, something Alex hasn't done much of in the past. He shielded Saxon for years, yet now he's bringing baby pictures of Lion and his deck for all to see?

They mentioned that Season 4 of H50 will start shooting in July, but other than that, there was precious little discussion Alex's work.

And I'd love to know what he and Ellen were discussing after the mic was turned off :devil:
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

I wondered about that too, dsr. Not only did he talk about Lion (sorry, still can't get used to that name!), show baby pix, etc. But he also spoke of Saxon--when he's turning 16, how tall he's getting, and mentioned Spike--Malia's little boy---while mentioning Malia as if everyone knew who she was in relation to him, and then showing pictures of the deck on his home.
I don't know if it was a concerted effort by his "people" to show a more personal side of Alex or if Ellen chose to go that route. Maybe in pre-interviews they decided to talk about those things rather than the show, his working relationship with the rest of the cast, etc. :shrug:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Usually, when stars are trotted out on talk shows, part of the strategy is to hype whatever project they're working on. Note that there was quite a it of discussion of Rob Lowe's upcoming movie on Liberace when he was being interviewed. Not so much with Alex. :shrug:
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

you're right that it was a big turn into the personal which Alex has always avoided in the past. The pictures of his deck seem really dangerous when you pair it with earlier comments of where he bought his house. I think knowledgeable people could figure out where his house is based on the view from the deck, his comments and google alone.

And Alex very clearly brought the pictures of the deck and Lion so Ellen didn't ambush him with anything (except for the swimming suit picture :snicker: ).

Perhaps the idea of keeping Saxon out of the public eye was more his mother's idea which Alex honored?
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I think it's not as dangerous to show pictures of a baby, because Lion will grow so fast that in half a year he won't even be recognized anymore. While Saxon now is fully grown (or mostly) and will be recognized for years from his photos.
I also think the deck is pretty much generic. There are not really any hints to where his adress is exactly. I guess in Honolulu there are lots of streets near the beach.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

You've got a point about Saxon's mom, Rhonda. Perhaps she wanted to preserve both hers and Saxon's privacy.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

francis wrote: I also think the deck is pretty much generic. There are not really any hints to where his adress is exactly. I guess in Honolulu there are lots of streets near the beach.
There weren't any hints on Ellen about his address but the neighborhood where he has purchased a home has been published. The story included the fact that his home was designed by a famous Hawaiian architect. He did talk about his home being over a gully where there were animals which is a distinctive feature. Having been there, there are lots of streets by the beach, but not that many with the elevation gain I saw in the picture in the neighborhood reported as well as a certain pattern of palm trees. Not that I'm stalking him or anything... :brow:

Now - they could have always misreported the neighborhood to throw people off but he has talked about his favorite health food bar being close to his home so I don't think so.
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

I mean absolutely NO disrespect to Alex, but he isn't at that level of fame whereby the paparazzi are gonna be stalking his home. Rabid fans are another matter, of course. (And god knows some of those wackos have gotten into very famous celeb homes, that are built like fortresses.) But a lot of the comments I saw on other sites talking about Lion's baby pix were saying how he "got in front" of the paps so that they didn't get pix of the baby. Perhaps----but again, he isn't that famous where there is going to be a bidding war for his baby's photos.

Hopefully wherever he lives, he has a great security system!
BlueEyedMonster
Fledgling

Post by BlueEyedMonster »

I saw Alex the other day in a gas station in his neighborhood. He just goes about his business

Thanks to Steven Tyler Hawaii has very strict stalking laws. But as others have pointed out Alex is not famous enough to have a bidding war on baby snaps.

Return to “General Discussion”