Alex in Cosmo - October, 2011!!!!

PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: Alex in Cosmo - October, 2011!!!!

Post by PNWgal »

Holy. God. :thud:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Sorry to disagree with everyone.

After the glorious Men's Fitness article and the wonderful pictures in the GQ magazine, I am really disappointed with this. Maybe people have only posted the pictures, but where does it talk about him? And the photography seems pretty basic (I am not a photographer so I don't have the right to be critical, I know.)

How does anyone know that he's more than just "him" as all the descriptions of the clothing say? Where is his name listed even once? Perhaps after I see the printed article with everything available I may change my mind, but right now he's just selling clothes which feels like a step down to me.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

BTW, a question for those of you lucky enough actually to have the mag in your sweaty mitts, does Alex get a credit anywhere? Or is he just "On him" throughout?

Red

ETA: Snap, Rhonda! Well, kinda. No way would I class myself as disappointed in any way, shape or form.

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

He is listed in the table of contents, and on the cover page of the shoot, itself.

So while this has turned out to be a fashion shoot... the purpose thereof to pimp the clothes, and mostly the model's clothes... he is the lure into the spread. He is getting credit. I promise.

Yeah, this is not an interview. We misunderstood. It truly is a fashion spread. But dude can hang. He could do these a lot. I swear I want him to get a designer spokesmodel gig...
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

:smooch: Thanks, honey.

Red

PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

The man has a spread.

In Cosmo.

"Disappointed" isn't the word that immediately came to my mind. :teeth:

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Well, I think we all assumed, given Cosmo's own pimping, that this was an article about Alex.
We assumed, they never said that. And I don't normally regard Cosmo, so I had no frame of reference. I assumed.

But this is GREAT! A new audience. A large circulation. A well known imprimateur. Gorgeous GORGEOUS pics. Yes, P, this is a good thing. :biggrin: :twothumbs:

And if he sells, he will get more. Even articles. I plan to write a letter, or email, to the editor.. To show my appreciation. :yes:

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

loveyoumick
Freelance freshie

Post by loveyoumick »

PNWgal wrote:The man has a spread.

In Cosmo.

"Disappointed" isn't the word that immediately came to my mind. :teeth:
Amen ! :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2:
And besides, that's another way to enlarge the audience ! :cloud9: Think about all the "cosmo-girls" who still don't know him...A large part of them will have a chance, now, and Alex will gain more fans...This looks pretty good to me !
Ah...the possibilities.... :hearts:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

wpgrace wrote:I plan to write a letter, or email, to the editor.. To show my appreciation. :yes:
I am both giggling and applauding. (I'm a multi-tasker.)

Red

r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

wpgrace wrote:He is listed in the table of contents, and on the cover page of the shoot, itself.
That makes me feel better. In the scans shown, it seems that everybody was getting credit except Alex and the female model.

Let me rephrase my concerns. When I expressed my opinion, I was expressing how I felt personally about seeing the spread for the first time. Alex did not disappoint me; I know he performs to the best of his ability no matter what. But what Cosmo chose to do with him, in a purely photojournalistic sense, did not do him justice. If someone asks me which Alex appearance in a magazine this year is my favorite to revisit and dream about, it is not this one.

Yes, Alex will probably be seen by more women in this "article" than all his other magazine spreads combined. For that, I'm happy for him and the timing is a plus for H50.

... R climbs off soapbox and will now let it go.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

r1015bill wrote:
wpgrace wrote:He is listed in the table of contents, and on the cover page of the shoot, itself.
That makes me feel better. In the scans shown, it seems that everybody was getting credit except Alex and the female model.

Let me rephrase my concerns. When I expressed my opinion, I was expressing how I felt personally about seeing the spread for the first time. Alex did not disappoint me; I know he performs to the best of his ability no matter what. But what Cosmo chose to do with him, in a purely photojournalistic sense, did not do him justice. If someone asks me which Alex appearance in a magazine this year is my favorite to revisit and dream about, it is not this one.

Yes, Alex will probably be seen by more women in this "article" than all his other magazine spreads combined. For that, I'm happy for him and the timing is a plus for H50.

... R climbs off soapbox and will now let it go.
S'ok, honey. We all have favorite Alexes... This one just isn't yours. I, on the other hand, adore this shoot. But it is a fashion shoot, not an article. We misunderstood. Not our B. :shrug:

HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

:thud: :melts: :happysigh: and :cloud9: , for good measure! Yep, still warrants "HOT!" :yes:

Although I'm not a fan of the sweater. :no: At all. What is it with the sweaters? :snicker: But those bike pics? :melts: I like your new rule, PGal. :heart:

And loved the "attached at the hip" headline... reminded me of "Hips up, baby!" which always makes me :giggle: .
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

He has nice hips. Quel surprise. :whistle:

HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

HOT hips?

Hot lips?

Oh, stop me now.

:night:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

HotMicks wrote:
Although I'm not a fan of the sweater. :no: At all. What is it with the sweaters? :snicker: But those bike pics? :melts: I like your new rule, PGal. :heart:

HotMicks... :winky:

I'm not a big sweater fan, but...if anyone can pull it off, our Alex can. :cloud9:

Return to “Pictures of Alex”