Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Alex in Madison Magazine

Post by allegrita »

No!! Who is she??
Albra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Albra »

"What you get when Australia's sexiest model joins our hosties actor for a Californian road trip?"

This is comnent from first photo so ...
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

OK... but I still wonder who she is. I don't for a minute believe that she has a personal relationship with Alex. I just wonder who she is.
Albra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Albra »

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Yes, it's her. And on another board (H5O) there are endless discussions whether she has been photoshopped into the picture because there's no interaction at all between the two. That's the style of the shoot I guess. There are a couple more, all in that motel, shot the same day as the other photos of Alex in that denim jacket.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Funny, it wasn't the model that caught my eye....it was the setting.

Look familiar?

Note the Christmas lights along the edge of the roof, the fake stonework and the distinctive motel sign

Couldn't get enough of Fever, I guess.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

There are some additional shots (separately) of both the model and Alex - the ones of her show even more of the Motel. :happysigh: :happysigh:

I think they're very striking pics - and like all editorial shots will have been retouched to a greater or lesser degree. But no magazine would shoot two people in the same location and then Photoshop them into the same pic and then claim they were shot together - to be honest it's a ridiculous suggestion (I know you're just reporting what you've read elsewhere, francis :wave: ). Not only would they never achieve the effects here, it's a breach of the most basic editorial standards.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

I find these pics both challenging and intriguing...

Except in the one pic where he's sniffing her hair ... um... excuse me just one moment :melts: :thud: :melts: :thud: :phew: ... ok, I can continue now... Alex's apparent disinterest in the pretty girl in these shots creates such a strange vibe. And perhaps contributes to the supposition that the girl was magically added later.

But it's an interesting effect... I also like the contrast between her higher-end clothes and his everyday, all-American jeans and shirts mall clothes. They seem to be opposites, at odds, except for the pretty. And there's a whole lot of pretty in these pics... and now we're back to the :melts: :thud: :melts: :thud: :phew: .
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

I caught a glimpse of these in my Google alerts last week.

Grace, I'd like to take this opportunity to completely agree with you about that b&w photo where Alex is sniffing her hair. Just... :melts: :thud: And how much did I love that profile shot with the sunglasses? :happysigh:

I liked them. They were a bit edgy and...colder that other photo shoots, I guess.

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

PNWgal wrote:I caught a glimpse of these in my Google alerts last week.

Grace, I'd like to take this opportunity to completely agree with you about that b&w photo where Alex is sniffing her hair. Just... :melts: :thud: And how much did I love that profile shot with the sunglasses? :happysigh:

I liked them. They were a bit edgy and...colder that other photo shoots, I guess.

Agree with the cold and edgy...both Alex and Alyssa are in 'fashion model' mode. I hadn't noticed this before, being distracted as I was, but each photo has a caption of the specific attire each is wearing and how much it cost.

Any idea when this shoot occurred? Is it fairly recent?
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

Albra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Albra »

They are from Madison Magazine July 2010

http://www.sassisamblog.com/2010/06/13/ ... ison-july/
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Thanks, Albra!! :hug:
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

they looked "sized" oddly in a few of them, leading some to think they were spliced into a single shot...

However if I ever had a man finger my hair like that I would be his FOREVER,
lunalux
Fledgling

Post by lunalux »

Hello everyone,

Not to rain on anyone's parade, and with all due respect to the experts, has anyone actually seen the hard copy of this magazine? The information is on a blog, right? Lovely as they may be, I'm not convinced that the pictures are real. Here's why:

Scale between Alex and Alyssa seems to be off - especially the shot of them sitting on the bed, and frankly the posing of that picture seems weird as does the pic where Alex is seated, drinking a beer. Alex's clothes also seem oddly reminiscent of a previous photo shoot in a similarly desert-like, derelict type building. White tee, denim work shirt, denim jacket, and haven't I seen those mirrored aviators before?

Secondly, if you go to the actual Madison Magazine site, unless I missed it, there is no mention of either Alex or Alyssa appearing in the issue, or anywhere else on the site, which seems odd considering they are (or are being touted as) Australian's sexiest model and hottest actor.

Finally, on the blog at the bottom it says: ArtVandelay @ tfs for Madison scans. If you were a fan of Seinfield, you will remember that Art Vandelay was a recurring pseudonym for the George Constanza character played by Jason Alexander. I don't know what "tfs for Madison scans" means, but if there was some reference, wouldn't it be to the magazine or the photographer?

Color me skeptical. I hope I'm wrong, but please, decide for yourselves.

Return to “Pictures of Alex”