Alex in new TV Guide article

coco
Cleaner

Re: Alex in new TV Guide article

Post by coco »

redwinter101 wrote:How's the desktop dilemma coming, coco? Reached a decision yet?

Red
My head was about to explode with all the choices so I've stuck with this one for now (and oh how nice it looks on the big monitor):

but I'm thinking I could have a desktop background for every day of the week and use them all. :giggle:

What a dilemma to have. :happysigh:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: I will just bet, dear coco... I will just bet...
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

coco wrote:
redwinter101 wrote:How's the desktop dilemma coming, coco? Reached a decision yet?

Red
My head was about to explode with all the choices so I've stuck with this one for now (and oh how nice it looks on the big monitor):

but I'm thinking I could have a desktop background for every day of the week and use them all. :giggle:

What a dilemma to have. :happysigh:
coco....I'm stuck on the same image.....it's my favorite....as for having it as a background, sigh, but not conducive to doing any work. :melts:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

You could set up a slide show, coco.

Of course, you'd not ever use your computer again...you'd just watch the pretty, pretty pictures...

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

PNWgal wrote:You could set up a slide show, coco.

Of course, you'd not ever use your computer again...you'd just watch the pretty, pretty pictures...
Or you could set up a slideshow as your screensaver - and then you'll be forced to leave the computer inactive long enough for the screensaver to activate. Again and again and again....

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Well, I've already added these pics to my Moonlight screensaver pics so if no one hears from me in a while..... not to worry, you know I'm happy. :giggle:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
MoonMad
Fledgling

Post by MoonMad »

allegrita wrote:
lafluffy wrote:Thanks for these very revealing photos. I find most of them really trashy. I think my biggest objection is that Alex is so objectified in them, no Alex personality coming through. Any model would do. All they needed was the body.

I understand these were discards? With good reason, IMO.
lafluffy, I absolutely understand what you mean. But remember the name of the issue they were shootiing for...the photographer did an awfully good job of capturing the "sexy" part, I think. Alex has done modeling-type photoshoots before, and I agree that those show more of the outside and less of the inside of him--which is the most beautiful part. But for sheer decorative quality, I think these photos did their job very well. :rose:
I understand what lafluffy is saying too, but I'm just too shallow to be high minded right now. I have never thought these TV Guide photos captured Alex's personality either, but they have always been among my favourite pictures of him. I just can't help it - the man is like pure (or unpure actually ;) ) sex here. The poses and the hairdo (not to mention the surly expressions) are as far removed from the real Alex as it's possible to get. BUT, and it's a BIG BUT, for sheer unadulterated sexiness this series is hard to beat.

Now if they ever manage to have a professional photo shoot that captures the sexiness AND the personality, well, half of us would be dead from heart failure and the other half stark raving bonkers from the overload of hormones. Mind you, that doesn't stop me from wanting it to happen...take me God - I'm ready! :angel:
Last edited by MoonMad on Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

MoonMad wrote:
allegrita wrote:
lafluffy wrote:Thanks for these very revealing photos. I find most of them really trashy. I think my biggest objection is that Alex is so objectified in them, no Alex personality coming through. Any model would do. All they needed was the body.

lafluffy, I absolutely understand what you mean. But remember the name of the issue they were shootiing for...the photographer did an awfully good job of capturing the "sexy" part, I think. Alex has done modeling-type photoshoots before, and I agree that those show more of the outside and less of the inside of him--which is the most beautiful part. But for sheer decorative quality, I think these photos did their job very well. :rose:
I understand what lafluffy is saying too, but I'm just too shallow to be high minded right now. I have never thought these TV Guide photos captured Alex's personality either, but they have always been among my favourite pictures of him. I just can't help it - the man is like pure (or unpure actually ;) sex here. The poses and the hairdo (not to mention the surly expressions) are as far removed from the real Alex as it's possible to get. BUT, and it's a BIG BUT, for sheer unadulterated sexiness this series is hard to beat.

Now if they ever manage to have a professional photo shoot that captures the sexiness AND the personality, well, half of us would be dead from heart failure and the other half stark raving bonkers from the overload of hormones. Mind you, that doesn't stop me from wanting it to happen...take me God - I'm ready! :angel:
You and half the board (me too!!)
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
realtor
Mortal

Post by realtor »

darkstarrising wrote:
MoonMad wrote:
allegrita wrote:

I understand what lafluffy is saying too, but I'm just too shallow to be high minded right now. I have never thought these TV Guide photos captured Alex's personality either, but they have always been among my favourite pictures of him. I just can't help it - the man is like pure (or unpure actually ;) sex here. The poses and the hairdo (not to mention the surly expressions) are as far removed from the real Alex as it's possible to get. BUT, and it's a BIG BUT, for sheer unadulterated sexiness this series is hard to beat.

You and half the board (me too!!)

I agree....but what a way to go!!!!! :heart:
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

If this is bad, I'm not going to be good. That's it! :hyper2: :gasp: :woohoo:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
one.zebra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by one.zebra »

Objectifying is the whole point of a shoot like this....
Banner and avatar by Twilightdew!

Travelling 33rpm in an iPod world
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

one.zebra wrote:Objectifying is the whole point of a shoot like this....

:smooch:
Thank you.
tucutecats
Fledgling

Post by tucutecats »

Hey I hate to disapoint everybody, but unless there are two versions of the mag. I just got mine and there is no Alex. I went thru the mag page by page and nothing.
so sad.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

tucutecats, the pictures aren't in the magazine. They were taken in the photo shoot for the Sexiest Stars issue, but never printed. They've just surfaced in the last day, as far as we can tell. And they are just amazing. Go back a few pages in this thread to see them...and they are also posted in the Appreciating the Alluring Alex thread.

(edited to fix the title, oops!)
tucutecats
Fledgling

Post by tucutecats »

Oh darn and I was looking forward to a new article on
Alex, TV guide is just not on the ball.

Return to “Pictures of Alex”