Vampire comparison chart

A deeper discussion of Vampire Mythology
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Vampire comparison chart

Post by librarian_7 »

Here's a nice chart that compares 50 different vampires (yes, our Mick is ON the list!):

http://io9.com/5391215/top-50-vampires- ... core-sheet
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Vampire comparison chart

Post by allegrita »

That is awesome. :dracula: :heart:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I know, right?

I so want this as a large poster for my office.
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Cool find, Lucky. I'm sure you could take it to your nearest Kinkos and get them to print it out on their blueprint (large format) printer. :thumbs: LOVE that Mick's included, as he well should be! :yes: (Although I hope Josef doesn't develop an inferiority complex. :laugh: )
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Just thought I'd call out Lem who is a vampire on the summer show Midnight Texas which is home to all sorts of "supernaturals". The show is based on books by Charlaine Harris who also wrote True Blood. I didn't read/watch True Blood so maybe this is will be old news to those of you who did.

Lem does have to be indoors during the day. He lives in an apartment with a human significant other and they have a gorgeous sensuous red bed. He does drink blood but that seems to be mostly if he's really hungry. Instead he does this thing called "leeching" where he touches the intended "victim" and steals their energy. His human significant other is an angry person and this action makes her feel good emotionally. I think it also feels a bit erotic based on the character's behavior.

I haven't seen the vampire jumping thing but he does have the speed, stealth and super strength. He doesn't have the power of flight; that belongs to a fallen angel that is also on the show. He has permanently silver eyes. They haven't highlighted him as being quick healing but he is affected by silver; he drank something that contained silver and was weak afterwards.

He and his significant other have had discussions (well - arguments because of other elements in the plot line) about him "turning" her.

ETA: Just saw a sneak preview of the season finale Monday. Lem is out in the sun with the rest of the midnight crew coming to the rescue to one of their own. He has all his skin covered with scarves and gloves. You can see smoke rising from his shoulders as he says "My skin is burning",
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I've been catching up with that series, and I'm enjoying it. Lem isn't exactly like the True Blood vamps. The "energy leech" aspect is really cool, and I noticed that his eyes turned icy when he was "turned" into that particular type of vamp; before that, his eyes were brown. (There was a flashback that told the story of his early years as a vamp, and his escape from having to kill to survive.) In that same episode, the concept of willing blood donors came up, but the vamps called them "groupies" rather than freshies.

Another vampire character I like very much is Cassidy, the Irish vamp on the show Preacher. He can eat food, but he also needs blood. He also fathered a child, who is an old man on the show. Like Lem, he smokes (and would quickly catch fire) in sunlight.

Speaking of sunlight... on one of these shows, I can't remember which, another character remarked somewhat snidely to the vamp that they've made a lot of improvements in sunscreen effectiveness lately, and maybe he should look into it. :snicker: It made me nostalgic for "interview Mick" and his savviness about sunblock. :hearts:

Return to “Vampire Philosophy”