Amusing blog posted on 1/19/09

Games, Polls & General Silly-Business
Overdamoon
Fledgling

Amusing blog posted on 1/19/09

Post by Overdamoon »

This was posted on MLD, courtesy of bianca.
Hilarious!! :lol:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://sehkna.livejournal.com/3736.html

19 January 2009 @ 11:41 am
Moonlight

Hey! Let's talk about some different vampires! The Moonlight DVDs come out tomorrow (and my pre-order has shipped so THEY ARE ON THEIR WAY!) so in honor of that, let's have my thoughts on Moonlight.

In the interest of full-disclosure, I started watching the show because I heard it was going to be terrible and I thought it would be funny to laugh at it. And I did laugh at the first two episode and most of the way through the third, but by the time the fourth one was about to air, I suddenly found my Fridays dragging, and my heart getting all fluttery, and I was like OH CRAP I ACTUALLY KIND OF LOVE THIS SHOW, WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?!

It all goes back to my ambivalence with vampires--I think they are stupid and cheesy and campy, but I also think they are kind of ridiculously awesome and I'm totally obsessed with them.

Anyway, here there be spoilers!

Top Ten Things I Hate About "Moonlight."

10. Vampires. Seriously, how lame are vampires?

9. The whole 'vamping out' thing. If you're a vampire, you're a VAMPIRE. I realize this has been done on other shows, but where exactly does this concept come from? I suppose it's a device to make it so people don't realize the characters are vampires but it's not too terribly hard to be all "So what? I'm pale" and not give toothy smiles. I'm just sayin'.

7. How they all wear coats all the time in LOS ANGELES. Wusses, vamps and humans alike.

8. In a similar vein (ha!), the male vamps have elongated CANINES but the female ones have sharp lateral INCISORS. Pick one or the other (Actually, pick canines. It's supposed to be the canines!).

6. That whole 'smell the past' thing is kinda silly.

5. The name "Mick." I realize he was born in the 1920s, but that's just too boring of a name for a vampire. Coraline (Cora-leen) on the other hand, is an awesome name. And at least Josef is spelled all Eastern Europeanly. Beth is a boring name, too, but she's human so that's okay.

4. Inconsistant with dates (first Mick's 90, then 85, then 89).

3. SHIPPERS. Of COURSE Mick and Beth are going to end up together. Stop whining every time he interacts with another woman. No, Josef and Beth wouldn't be a cute couple. No, there are no homoerotic undertones between Mick and Josef. If I hear about McBeth (Mick/Beth), Corick (Coraline/Mick), Jock (Josef/Mick), or JoBe (Josef/Beth) one more time, I'm going to strangle someone. Why do people get so worked up about whether or not two fictional characters have fictional sex with each other??

2. The vampires sleep in FREEZERS! That's just the height of ridiculous (especially since they seem to wear coats all the time. I know for a fact freezers are colder than LA!).

1. And the number one thing I hate about Moonlight is . . . that fact that in spite of everything I just mentioned, I love this stupid show.

Top Ten Things I LOVE About Moonlight.

10. Vampires. Seriously, how awesome are vampires?

9. The guest stars. The Professor of Darkness, Lee Jay Spaulding, the Rocket Scientist Sire, Leni Hayes, Lola, The Sleazy Hollywood Producer. . .

8. Coraline, the vampiric ex-wife. Mostly because her presence sends the "McBeth" shippers into epileptic fits of rage, and their denial of any chemistry or residual feelings between her and Mick amuses me. But also because she's a manipulative siren who has a sick sense of what "love" means and makes things interesting.

7. The Unnecessary Coat. Sure, he doesn't need a coat in LA (and even if it were cold, he sleeps in a freezer, so cold obviously isn't an issue), but damn does Mick look good with that coat billowing behind him all majestically while walking in slow motion through a dimly-lit alley. It's like a Dracula cape. Awesome. The coat is so cool I'd probably wear it all the time, too.

6. The Morgue Guys. Mick's vamp contacts/blood dealers Guillermo and Terence, as well as Beth's various human contacts in the LA County Morgue. They are, to a man, great. They also need more airtime.

5. Josh. You know what? I admit it: I liked Josh. The McBeth folks hated him because he was Beth's boyfriend, but I feel bad for him. He's handsome, he's thoughtful, he has a promising career, and he loves her, but she's out carousing with a sexy vampire. He doesn't have a chance. And then he died and I felt even worse.

4. LOGAN. He's great, too. Vampire computer geeks FTW. "Can my codename be Lando Calrissian?"

3. THE MUSIC. Some of this music is just amazing. The Kin, The Fray, Fauxliage, Lapush, perfect for the show and just nice to listen to all around.

2. The Snarky Vampire Friend, aka Josef. I loves me some Josef. He's too funny. "You seriously drink this stuff? What is this? Like, low-fat, soy, vegan blood?" "Are you just going to stand there all day, or are you going to help figure out who 'killed' me?"

1. Mick/Alex O'Loughlin. You know, I really didn't think he was that good-looking at first. I thought his face and hair were too long and his eyes too sad but at some point I've fallen madly in love with him and now think he's gorgeous. I love his smirks and eyerolls as much as his tortured brooding. Alex is adorable beyond words in his interviews "Am I starting to feel like a vampire? Yes. I've forgotten what the sun feels like on my skin." "I'm still tasting bloods so I'll get back to you on that, but I do very much like the O+, it's excellent." <3 Oh, and did I mention he's an Aussie? He does an American accent on the show really well, but his Aussie accent in interviews just makes him all the more adorable.

Last edited by Overdamoon on Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thanks to Kelly for her beautiful banner.
Thanks to SirenSong for her beautiful MickCora tag.

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Amusing blog posted on 1/10/09

Post by wpgrace »

Thanks Over... that was a hoot.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Overdamoon
Fledgling

Post by Overdamoon »

wpgrace wrote:Thanks Over... that was a hoot.
Hi Grace. You're welcome.

I can't believe the blogger said Cora has a sick sense of what "love" means. :shock:
:twisted:
Thanks to Kelly for her beautiful banner.
Thanks to SirenSong for her beautiful MickCora tag.

alyssa
Kostan Industries intern

Post by alyssa »

this is a trip...and so true
Alyssa...officially lost in the Moonlight
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

I just love this. Too funny. Boy is she hooked. :lol:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
lynnrxgal
Fledgling

Re: Amusing blog posted on 1/19/09

Post by lynnrxgal »

Boy, can I relate to this! How true!
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Very funny Over. Thanks for posting.

Oh and not all MickBeth shippers go into epileptic fits of rage ;) Some of us are just hidden in amongst all the ones who do :lol:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Some parts of that could have been written by me.
And she must be channeling Josef. The Snark! I love it. :lol:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Overdamoon wrote:
wpgrace wrote:Thanks Over... that was a hoot.
Hi Grace. You're welcome.

I can't believe the blogger said Cora has a sick sense of what "love" means. :shock:
:twisted:

I KNOW!! I hear Cora is gonna be one of the contestants on the next installment of the "The Bachelor." I just know she'll win; she'll easily kill the competition...

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

That was a fantastic entry! Thanks for sharing it.
Especially loved the bits about the coat. So many times, I would say "wtf? it's So-Cal for god's sake", then I would drop my jaw at how hot he looked in it---and I ain't talkin' temperature.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:That was a fantastic entry! Thanks for sharing it.
Especially loved the bits about the coat. So many times, I would say "wtf? it's So-Cal for god's sake", then I would drop my jaw at how hot he looked in it---and I ain't talkin' temperature.

Yeah, the coats... really good decision. No snark. He looks so good in those coats he oughta hafta wear the damn things in real life.

Ya know, the henleys were another really good decision. Again, should be in his next contract, he must wear henleys.

He should also have to do V/O's in his next gig... there are just a few things he oughta be locked into for life...

I'm sorry, what was the topic of this thread?

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Don't remember the topic. Just have visions of henleys and tight dark jeans dancing in my head.....
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Actually, the coat makes sense for a vamp in a warm climate. Think about it, what is a coat, but insulation? Ii's just that in this case it is keeping the cold in.

Just *putting some science around it, making it seem real*
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

In the light of having another Friday night without more Moonlight on my TV or at least a way to steal it from the internet,
I need to bump this up.
:hearts:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I'd forgotten this... it's a riot! :snicker: Thank you, francis. :hug:
Still loving the coats... and the freezers... and the hair... and... oh, everything... :happysigh: :happysigh:

Return to “Moonlight Fun & Games”