Six favourite Moonlight moments

Games, Polls & General Silly-Business
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Six favourite Moonlight moments

Post by redwinter101 »

This was hard and I lost count of the number of times I changed my mind. So I'm posting now - I'm sure I will repent at leisure:

1. "Please, don't look at me," at the end of OoTP. Still my all-time fave. It just gets me right there. The moment I fell for Mick.
2. The parking lot kiss at the end of AD. I'm with Grace - that smile at the end. Oy... :melts:
3. The kitchen/coffee scene with Mick, Beth and Josh in Fever. All three of them just looked so gorgeous. The looks, the tension. Mmmmm.
4. The way Mick looks at Beth when she arrives in the motel bathroom in Fever. Just.... words fail.
5. The moment when Mick opens the shower door in FdL. If anyone ever looked at me like that, I think I'd die on the spot.
6. The turning scene. It still brings a tear to my eye every single time.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Gah!!!

7. (I just had to) The rotunda moment in Click when Mick whips out his sunglasses. See coco's avi if you need a reminder. The coolest thing I've ever seen on TV.

Red

coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

redwinter101 wrote:Gah!!!

7. (I just had to) The rotunda moment in Click when Mick whips out his sunglasses. See coco's avi if you need a reminder. The coolest thing I've ever seen on TV.

Red
<---------------------------- :biggrin:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

:melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts:

*Red :heart: coco*

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Red
:giggle: That scene for you is like the Mick in the cemetery... when he returns to the Benz... scene for me. It's not on most people's most popular moments but I LOVE that damn cemetery scene and rattled, frazzled, no longer perpetually cool Mick... just like you and coco love that sunglasses scene! :hyper2:

I LOVE reading everybody's favorite moments! It's so interesting what resonates with each of us...

And ya know... they're all great, aren't they?? :happysigh:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

wpgrace wrote:

Red
:giggle: That scene for you is like the Mick in the cemetery... when he returns to the Benz... scene for me. It's not on most people's most popular moments but I LOVE that damn cemetery scene and rattled, frazzled, no longer perpetually cool Mick... just like you and coco love that sunglasses scene! :hyper2:

I LOVE reading everybody's favorite moments! It's so interesting what resonates with each of us...

And ya know... they're all great, aren't they?? :happysigh:
Every single one Grace. :yes:

I love how each of us have some of the same ones and yet we each have one that is kind of unique to them. :heart:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Rather than doing scenes, I'm doing actual "moments"...and I'm trying to avoid too many of the obvious ones...and just in chronological order because I cannot put them in order of how much I love them...

Mick saying "Ouch" when Beth bashes him with a vase in No Such Thing as Vampires. (That's where I knew I'd love the show.)

Josef miming the wrist bite when he says "Happy hour" in Arrested Development.

Mick's smile at Beth as he turns to leave Jack Toland's house in Fever, right after she says, "Still...we make a good team."

Mick turning on the stuck fire hydrant for the firefighters at the Franklin Hotel fire in The Ringer.

Coraline wiping the makeup off her shoulder in The Ringer.

The little ashamed look-away/laugh/catch of the breath Mick makes after Beth asks him why he goes on living in Love Lasts Forever. :hankie: (Scuse me, that one just...) :hankie:
lunalux
Fledgling

Post by lunalux »

There are plenty to choose from and I tried to stay away from the obvious which are the top tier favorite scenes, but here are six favorites in no particular order:

1. Arrested Development - 29:37 – Beth’s question about vampire/human sex. I just LOVE how Mick redirects the conversation back to the case and his cheeks puff out as he exhales. Oh man.

2. Sonata - 14:05 – Beth’s walks in on Mick attached to Simone’s wrist. Beyond the unbelievable dexterity of Mick’s tongue, the interchange between Mick and Beth is priceless, especially how she walks
out and he looks up sighs and his shoulders drop. I could watch it a million times and never get tired of it.

3. Fever – 6:07 – Mick answering Beth’s call…”Some couples aren’t meant to be together, take me and Beth” and the awkward conversation in the kitchen.

4. Fever – 11:29 – Starting with “what’s your deal with Josh” up to and including “Don’t you have a job or something?”

5. Fated to Pretend – 41:25 – the rooftop scene. No explanation needed. So I caved, this is on any list. In a few minutes the scene tells us everything we need to know about Mick/Beth's story.

6. B.C. – 28:25 – The famous “Beth high on black crystal” scene, but the part that got me was when Mick walks to the bottom of the stairs and looks at the back of the apartment like he doesn’t want to
be found out, and then climbs the stairs two steps at a time. Oh yeah…
MoonMarg
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonMarg »

Extremely hard to narrow it down but I'll give it a go:

1. TMC when Coraline gave Mick the cure - just a beautiful quite scene when all the bitterness between them was gone and I finally could see why they fell in love.

2. The BC seduction scene. Just loved watching Mick squirm and really fight his urges.

3. The turning scene - no explanation needed.

4. The Balcony scene in 12.04am - nice tender moment when Beth finally revealed she remembered Mick.

5. Fever - the scene from Jack Toland's house - from the walking down the street to the smile Mick gives to Beth as he is leaving the house. You could really see them connecting - I think thats when Beth really started thinking of Mick as more than just a friend.

6. The slow motion scenes in LLF. I just loved the sway out of the bullets path and the way Mick threw Beth to the ground to protect her and also the amazing jump over the car. Probably very shallow moments but there is just something about them that quickens the heartbeat...
aolver
Rogue vampire

Post by aolver »

JUST SIX!!!! IMPOSSIBLE. I agree with everything listed her, but I guess if I have to list 6 I'll pick the ones that make me cry, or close to it. But I could pick at least 20 more.
1. The meeting at the fountain. The way he looks at her melts me, and their first eye to eye contact.
2. The final scene. Because I love you...oh boy...his head against the wall, crying.
3. The final scene of LLF. The look of love and longing on his face for her as she is taking her wrath out on him.
4. Seduction scene in BC. When he walks to the bottom of the stairs and looks up after her, and the way he looks down at her in the shower with his mouth open...OH MAN!!!! :thud:
5. "How does it work"? "how does what work"? "You know, the sex thing"......"Between humans and vampires that is".....OH YEAH...GO FOR IT BETH!!!! :hug:
6. Scenes where Mick walks like the most desirable man on the planet. For example...The Ringer when he walks away at the fire after pulling down the hydrant lever. That long coat flapping in the breeze around his legs, and it shows every beautiful curve of his body. His hair moving with the breeze. :melts: Then in the end of the Ringer when he flashes back to Coraline's house. When he walks around the corner of her house like a panther stalking it's prey...OMG

So the last 3 make me cry, but not because they're touching, if you know what I mean. :thud: :thud: Alex's acting ability is off the charts!
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

aolver wrote:JUST SIX!!!! IMPOSSIBLE. I agree with everything listed her, but I guess if I have to list 6 I'll pick the ones that make me cry, or close to it. But I could pick at least 20 more.
1. The meeting at the fountain. The way he looks at her melts me, and their first eye to eye contact.
2. The final scene. Because I love you...oh boy...his head against the wall, crying.
3. The final scene of LLF. The look of love and longing on his face for her as she is taking her wrath out on him.
4. Seduction scene in BC. When he walks to the bottom of the stairs and looks up after her, and the way he looks down at her in the shower with his mouth open...OH MAN!!!! :thud:
5. "How does it work"? "how does what work"? "You know, the sex thing"......"Between humans and vampires that is".....OH YEAH...GO FOR IT BETH!!!! :hug:
6. Scenes where Mick walks like the most desirable man on the planet. For example...The Ringer when he walks away at the fire after pulling down the hydrant lever. That long coat flapping in the breeze around his legs, and it shows every beautiful curve of his body. His hair moving with the breeze. :melts: Then in the end of the Ringer when he flashes back to Coraline's house. When he walks around the corner of her house like a panther stalking it's prey...OMG

So the last 3 make me cry, but not because they're touching, if you know what I mean. :thud: :thud: Alex's acting ability is off the charts!
Welcome, aolver. Wow, your choices are great! Some of these choices all of you are naming never occurred to me!!! :thud:
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
Trixie
Kostan Industries intern

Post by Trixie »

I too tried but couldn't stay away from some of the obvious...

1. NSTAV – The Interview; I’m hooked
2. SB – Mick in the hallway w/Beth just before they go into the FoS and find Josef alive; I love to see a man show his emotions
3. FtP – From the minute Josef uses his crafty vampire abilities to sneak up on Mick through the re-turning; I don't think I took a breath through that entire scene
4. FtP – “It is SO ON”; Josef, 'nuf said
5. WLB – Josef at Mick’s after talking about re-writing the rules of vampire love to procreate where he turns around and says “Hi Beth” and then turns and whispers to Mick, “Beth’s here”; again, Josef
6. Sonata – Plan B = LeRoy Jenkins; and I didn't even understand the reference until someone explained it. What a great way to get all of the vamps together in one scene.
~Trixie

MSJ_sunglasses
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MSJ_sunglasses »

This was tough but here are mine (no. 4 isn't really a moment but I've had to include it)

1. The look before Mick gets into the shower with Cora in FdL :melts: :melts: :melts:

2. All of Josef’s snarky comments but especially when he tells Mick he might get a book deal in 25 years in OOTP.

3. In Dr Feelgood just after Beth pulls the stake from Mick and she goes to touch the wound and Mick says I heal fast in that deep voice of his :cloud9:

4. All of the Moonlight music - I mean NSTAV just would not be the same without the absolutely could have been written for Moonlight 'My Immortal' by Evanescence and The Colour’s 'The Devil’s Got A Holda Me' when Mick strutted to Lola’s warehouse in BC, is powerful stuff. My Immortal still give me shivers whenever I rewatch NSTAV :yes:

5. Mick standing on the roller coaster, eyes closed, thinking back to his wedding night in Arrested Development.

6. Sleeping Beauty when Mick & Beth touch hands through the cab's window - the look on Mick's face :hankie:

I know it's only supposed to be 6, but I just had to include all of Mick's Henleys as no. 7 :happysigh:
Last edited by MSJ_sunglasses on Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

Let's see...

1. FdL shower, starting with Mick's walk in the hallway and the turn of his head. :thud:
2. The sexual tension with MickCora in the elevator.
3. When Mick takes his shirt off in Fever...the first time we saw him shirtless! *sigh*
4. Re-turning scene.
5. In ep. 3, when Mick says to Beth, "And stay in the car means?"...the timing, expressions, etc. made it hilarious to me.
6. When Coraline gives Mick the cure...very comfortable, sweet and loving between them.

So many more, but today I'll go with those. ;)

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

coco wrote:

Red
<---------------------------- :biggrin:
Very niiiice moment red! :thumbs: And very niiiice avi, coco! :teeth:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!

Return to “Moonlight Fun & Games”