Six favourite Moonlight moments

Games, Polls & General Silly-Business
aolver
Rogue vampire

Re: Six favourite Moonlight moments

Post by aolver »

Trixi and MSJ... yeah those too. Have we forgotten Josef waking Mick up in BC and the banter between them as Mick lays seductively naked in his freezer? We could go on and on, couldn't we? :heart: And the way Mick gives Josh the "look" when the cops are raiding the nightclub...like "it's over man. She belongs to ME!"
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

MSJ_sunglasses wrote:This was tough but here are mine (no. 4 isn't really a moment but I've had to include it)

1. The look before Mick gets into the shower with Cora in FdL :melts: :melts: :melts:

2. All of Josef’s snarky comments but especially when he tells Mick he might get a book deal in 25 years in OOTP.

3. In Dr Feelgood just after Beth pulls the stake from Mick and she goes to touch the wound and Mick says I heal fast in that deep voice of his :cloud9:

Oh yeah! Hadn't thought about that one, but THAT voice! Oh that was a really niiiice voice... :melts:

4. All of the Moonlight music - I mean NSTAV just would not be the same without the absolutely could have been written for Moonlight 'My Immortal' by Evanescence and The Colour’s 'The Devil’s Got A Holda Me' when Mick strutted to Lola’s warehouse in BC, is powerful stuff. My Immortal still give me shivers whenever I rewatch NSTAV :yes:

And good good point! Love the warehouse scene and the music!

5. Mick standing on the roller coaster, eyes closed, thinking back to his wedding night in Arrested Development.

6. Sleeping Beauty when Mick & Beth touch hands through the cab's window - the look on Mick's face :hankie:

I know it's only supposed to be 6, but I just had to include all of Mick's Henleys as no. 7 :happysigh:
I will never, ever argue with his henleys... he also wore several really cool coats and jackets... just sayin'. :devil:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Maybe we should have made this thread, "Sixty-six favourite Moonlight moments". I'm sure it still wouldn't be enough though...

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

redwinter101 wrote:Maybe we should have made this thread, "Sixty-six favourite Moonlight moments". I'm sure it still wouldn't be enough though...

Red
:giggle: Give us 66 and we'll want 67... but that's hardly our faux pas...

I mean Mick... Josef... cool music... cute jackets... sunglasses... those eps are pretty fully-loaded... :happysigh:

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

darlingcat
Courtesan

Post by darlingcat »

Only six?
Here are mine:

1. The end of Sonata: "Because I love you" :heart:
2. The rooftop kiss in FTP :heart:
3. "He has MY Beth" in FTP :hankie:
4. "The touch of another" in the pilot :hearts:
5. The hot looks in BC :thud:
6. Fever. Can I use the entire episode? :snicker:

And Mick's deep voice :melts: :melts:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Okay, while I totally agree with everything listed above, here are a few others I haven't seen mentioned...and they're worth it (and I'll try to make it not all Josef, okay?).

1. "I get lonely" in Sleeping Beauty. That one gets me HARD every time.

2. Mick implanting the microchip in Beth in BC. "Actually, I was more worried about the size."

3. Mick's VO as Beth hugs him at the end of NSTAV. When he drops his head to her shoulder...it speaks volumes.

4. Josef waking up Mick to ask him to hunt down Lola.

5. In FtP, Mick tells Josef he's in love with Beth.

6. And, finally, Josh's immortal line, "I cooked a chicken for you!"

Lucky
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

:rolling: :rolling: Lucky! Someone HAD to mention "Josh's immortal line"!!!!!!

And I gotta say, Josef's "I get lonely" IS gut-wrenching isn't it? I think we learn an awful lot about him with that one little line.

MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonShadow »

Okay, I'll post my top 6 Moments;

When Josef says, "I can keep a secret".
When Mick battles with his honor and then starts up the stairs.
When Mick walks into the book signing and catches Beth’s eye.
When Mick looks over his sunglasses at Beth.
When Josef bounces on the bed.
When Beth lays her head against the door.

Yeah, that and 600&6 other moments and I’m still counting.

crud, I have to add one more.
LLF
When Mick closed his eyes after telling Josh that he'll watch over Beth until the tac squad gets into place... augh.
Banner by Lilly

Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn
The power of man, for none of woman born
Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
greenleaf9
Rogue vampire

Post by greenleaf9 »

It's so hard to narrow them down to just six, but here they are, in no particular order...

1. Josef's flashback with Sarah. It's so heartbreakingly beautiful. :melts: He just looks so happy... :hankie:

2. Mick and Beth in the shower when Beth is high on B.C. My heart goes out to Mick, when he turns his face away from Beth, every time, my heart aches for him. :Mickangel:

3. In "Dr. Feelgood" where Beth follows Mick inside, and he says, "And 'wait in the car' means?" and her response, "Yeah, cuz that worked out so well last time." I crack up every time Beth delivers her line. :snicker:

4. Josef returning Mick--there's a specific shot of Josef I particularly love, where the light is hitting him from the right, just after Mick has finished feeding from him, where he is looking down at Mick and part of his face is in the light, and the other part in shadow. It's just an insanely awesome shot--it's my favorite shot of Josef in the entire series. I think it's a visual expression of his soul, the contrasting light and shadow on his face--Josef has both light and dark in him. :rose: Just awesome. The whole scene--amazing. :heart:

5. The scene in B.C. where we cut to Mick with a flash of lighting storming Lola's warehouse as "Devil's Got A Holda me" plays. Mick is soooo gorgeous here. He looks so hot and sexy in his coat walking down the street and into the warehouse! :melts: :melts: :melts: :drool:

6. The last scene from OOTP--"I'm a vampire". I love the music, and the way Mick's jaw twitches is a nice detail. He's so vulnerable here. I was so surprised that Beth found out his secret in the second episode, I figured they would play that card as a season finale. It was so cool that Moonlight could actually surprise me--the show's unpredictableness was something I always loved. :hearts:
Banner created by the lovely RedNightBird.

"...The moon's an arrant thief, and her pale fire fire she snatches from the sun..." ~William Shakespeare

Better Safe Than Staked.
Eryndil
Mortal

Post by Eryndil »

Ooh, I've thought about this a lot (although I had a top ten so I have to narrow it down :chin: ) Kind of obvious scenes I suppose (especially for a Mick/Beth fan)

1. The rooftop kiss
2. The reveal in episode 2 ("I'm a vampire!" :-o )
3. The end of Sonata
4. Josef re-turns Mick
5. Mick feeds on Beth in Fever
6. "Good..." smooch "bye" (the expression on his face is fantastic!)
"The show only lasted one season, but memories of Mick's gratuitous shirtless scenes will live on and on." Entertainment Weekly

Because I love Moonlight
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Ok, so how are you folks narrowing it down? Dartboard? Pulling the winners out of a hat? Gaaa! This is too much stress.
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

Only six? :confused2: You've all named some good ones but it's barely touching the surface of all the good Moonlight nuggets. 66 is more like a reasonable number.
diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

Only six? You've all named some good ones but it's barely touching the surface of all the good Moonlight nuggets. 66 is more like a reasonable number.
I'm right there with you! Ok, without looking at what everyone else has said... I'm not even going to try to narrow it down "my favourite" 6! I'm just going in chronological order, and I'll stop at 6!!!

- the hug at the end of NSTAV ("hhhmmm... is it possible to fall in love with a TV show? 'cauz I think I could fall for this one ... " :chin: )
- when Mick reveals himself at the end of OOTP ("Ok, I'm falling in love with a TV show !" :gasp: )
- when Mick and Beth are lying awake thinking of each other at the end of DF ("Yep, I'm in love with a TV show" :notworthy: )
- the feeding scene in fever ("OMG I am HEAD OVER HEELS about this show" :heart: :thud: :heart: )
4 already? Ok, time for drastic measures right... following the lead of my banner and avatar:
- the balcony scene in 12:04 (can I sneek in when Beth finds her pictures in Mick's files too... just after taking a sniff at his sweater? It's just before! Come on!!!) :cloud9: :bmoon: :Mickangel: :heart:
- the re-turning scene at the end of FTP. I had soooo wished to see something like that happen in the show too, I just couldn't believe it when it did! :heart: :Mickangel: :heart:

can't I even mention the end of SB? Please? :pray:
Tam
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Tam »

librarian_7 wrote: 1. "I get lonely" in Sleeping Beauty. That one gets me HARD every time.
:hankie: Me too! To me, it came completely unexpected (the first time I watched it...no so much the next 300 times...)
Also about ALL of the moments you all mentioned!!

1. See above- the entire fight with Mick, the lip-biting, the confession, and Mick's heated retort. (oh, and the 'daddy's a little grumpy' before that ^^)

2. Mick's gasp as Josef bites him...or basically just the entire turning scene. The music, the emotion, the lines- 'brother' does me in every time.

3. The Red Room- right down to the music which makes me grin when it plays on my mp3player

4. Mick's smile at Buzzwire, after asking Beth: "Are you jealous?" / "Don't flatter yourself." --> "Oookay....*smug grin*" :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts:

5. "I'll just be right upstairs anyway." "...in your freezer." "...ya." With this expression!

6. Mick and Cora in the shower. :melts: :melts:

7-700. Pretty much anything Josef says, does, wears or insinuates :giggle:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

*swoon*

What a super selection, Tam.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson

Return to “Moonlight Fun & Games”