Six favourite Moonlight moments

Games, Polls & General Silly-Business
Tam
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: Six favourite Moonlight moments

Post by Tam »

redwinter101 wrote:What a super selection, Tam.
I especially like 7-700 ;)
I am now picking clips for a vid, and oh my! I keep finding more bits that SHOULD be in the top 6 as well!! (Like Josef in ep 7 going "Mick - look at me." <-- and not continuing until Mick actually does :happysigh: )
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Absolutely it is hard to narrow it down to six. When you accept one for inclusion in the Six you are saying 'no' to so many others that are also absolsutely magical. I sat down to make a list of magic moments and just did the first three episodes and Sonata and the number was in the mid thirties. This is the very definition of a subjective question....

But six????

Fine. Six.

1. The interview at the opening of NSTAV where Mick explains himself in his dream, then gets up and shows us about reality. Looked pretty good.

2. The vampire reveal at the end of OOTP. The pulled out all the stops on this one. The vampire is the dominant, powerful, in control figure always, but here that was turned on its head. Mick was sitting on the floor, vamped out and trying to feed from that bag of blood. Beth was above him, and he spoke. not in the velvet tones of his normal Alex-voice, but in the voice of a frightened child, begging her to leave, The pitch even went up at the end of the sentence--he was imploring her. Heartbreaking. This is where I fell in love with a TV show.

3. When Beth pulled the stake out of Mick, as scared as she was and then reached out and gently touched him, asking if he was going to be okay. He said that he healed fast.

4. The kiss at the end of Arrested Development, right in the middle of Goodbye. It was impulsive, sweet and Mick's smile was priceless.

5. The returning scene, from the moment that human Mick declared his intent to rescue Beth from her vampire captors as a human to when he begged Josef to turn him back into a vampire. Emotionally charged, suspensful, and beautifully acted.

6. the last scene in Sonata when Beth first says that she can't do this anymore to when Mick left and came back. It left us happy, and yet yearning for more.

No one said anything about honorable mention,

*"just remember, I'm your only friend that doesn't like you just for your money' and 'True--sad, but true' and 'vampire solidarity, rah, rah, rah'
the writers gave Jason some really fabulous lines.

*when the real vampire confronts the professor who told his students that he was a vampire. "I know she was here, I can smell her on you" Just too cool...

*the many car conversations when Mick and Beth discussed the rules of vampire life--that seemed to be their favorite topic of conversation when riding in the Mercedes

*when Mick and Beth met up outside the nightclub in BC, 'being human is just so lame' 'yes, but you wear it well...' Their whole exchange there was just hot.

*in SB, when Mick thought Josef was dead and Beth was there with a camera crew, Mick was hurt and angry, but they made up outside his apartment and really connected. This was just another one of those moments when Mick proved to us that he was not a monster. Definitely not in the same zip code.

*in FTP when Mick announces that he is in love with Beth and Josef points out that he isn't afraid that Beth is going to get hurt, he is afraid that HE is going to get hurt. This was a different side to Josef.

*the rooftop picnic when Beth tells Mick not to take too long (figuring their relationship out)--he may have forever, but she doesn't. Lovely.

*the car ride in Click when Mick keeps repeating under his breath, 'you can't die...you can't die...' while Tiffany Taylor drives like a stuntman to escape photographers.

*when Beth goes to Josef to make Dean Foster 'dissappear, taking a huge step into the vampire community and Josef tells her that as long as she works at Buzzwire, Mick's secret will always be in danger. She quits. She didn't like the new editor, but I think this was the deciding factor.

*The conversation in WLB about family not being only about DNA. Warm, intimate.

*Simone donating blood to the mobile vampire lab and Beth walking in on the donation. Yeowch. It didn't have to be as uncomfortable as they made it, but the way they played it lead beautifully into the 'Got hit in the face with the sacred ass paddle' remark followed by Beth's shrug 'Karma' Marvelous and a touch of conflict made their relationship even more realistic.

*the dance in Sonata. :melts: :melts: :melts:

And I've left out lots and lots.

Jenna

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Okay, I've just had a wonderful time reading through this thread... and I realized that there are a bunch of people who never told us their favorite six moments from Moonlight, so I thought I'd bump this up again. Anyone care to narrow down their six thousand or so favorite ML moments into just six?

It's kinda fun. And heck, most of us cheated, one way or another... :snicker:

Return to “Moonlight Fun & Games”