37%
Mick
63%

Total votes: 76

maggatha3
Ancient

Re: The BIG question: Alex or Mick?

Post by maggatha3 »

I voted for Alex :heart: , do you think this will get Mick mad enough with me to bite me ,when he sees me :melts: ? ( it is a good plan , isn't it?)
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Nice try, maggatha. :snicker:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I'm not sure I ever voted in this. Possibly because, well, there's this other vampire I wouldn't wish to annoy... :snicker:

It's been interesting reading through the old responses, though. I can sympathize with Luna's quandary about meeting the actor and losing the character muse. I worried about that myself, at one time. Obviously...for me, it didn't happen that way. There are so many looks, gestures, etc. that I see as "Josef" that are quite simply not "Jason," it's easy to keep the two separate in my head. (The three, if you count Logan Echolls.)

Anyway, I digress. Not the purpose of this poll.

(But it's Mick for me. No offense to Alex, but...he just doesn't have the fangs.)

Lucky
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Yet you have rather loyally followed the man... to Pittsburgh and then on to Hawaii. :chin:

So I'm sure Alex would take no offense. If all Mick fans were like you, H50 would have a couple million more live viewers. :rose:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
AggieVamp
Rogue vampire

Post by AggieVamp »

I like Alex (a lot) but I :heart: & adore Mick...always will...
Banner by HotMicks

Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional - and I Opt NOT to Grow Up!
:petcat: :petcat:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

wpgrace wrote:Yet you have rather loyally followed the man... to Pittsburgh and then on to Hawaii. :chin:

So I'm sure Alex would take no offense. If all Mick fans were like you, H50 would have a couple million more live viewers. :rose:
I can't speak for Lucky, but as far as I'm concerned -- I think Alex is wonderful in all sorts of ways. I'm keenly aware that Mick wouldn't have been Mick with anyone else wearing those fangs, and I will without question tag along on each future stop in Alex's career. :yes:

The thing is, this question is rather vague and it can be interpreted a variety of ways: Who is more your romantic type? Whose face do you want to look at on your computer wallpaper everyday? However, if you look at the question in terms of "who would you rather spend time with, or sit down with and have a conversation?" -- then for me it would be Mick each and every time. It sounds strange, but I feel like a have a better connection with Mick (perhaps because we've been inside his head so much :roll: ), that I can relate to who he is better. Alex is just larger than life to me. I admire him, am a huge fan of his acting, and wish him nothing but the best in all he does, but he's just not my "type." :blushing:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Actually, honey, speak for me anytime. You've nailed a lot of what I was feeling.

One other thing...if not for Mick, I'd never have met Josef...and for that alone, Mick will ever be enshrined in my heart.

Lucky
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

:giggle: , Lucky.

Oh you are so right about that, Lilly.
We KNOW Mick; we do not know Alex.

And we all seem to be rather devoted and loyal to both, whichever we mentally place first.
I think we're just good peeps, with big hearts. :biggrin:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Alex is a superb actor.

There are roles that showcase his range and the depth of his talents, and there those that just don't (and, of course, this is just my opinion). In Mick, we saw flashes of a bit of comic timing and how he could convey so much emotion with a faint and fleeting facial expression. The first time I heard the name was on the list of potential actors to play James Bond and I remember thinking, who is that?

Mick showed me who that was.

Rarely in my life have I been so captivated and charmed by a fictional character (ducking from all the flying objects for saything that Mick is fictional, but...well. he is). Could anyone else have brought him to life with such depth and sensitivity? Maybe, but I doubt it.

There are depths to that character that were hinted at onscreen that we never got the chance to see Alex explore, and that is a monumental tragedy--I think, for us and for him.

Alex is an extraordinary performer, or there would have been no Mick. Or. Dr. Andy Yablonsky, or Steve McGarret or any of his big screen personaes

But you asked. I voted for Mick. :melts: :melts: :melts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, no question for me. I voted for Mick then, and my vote is still Mick. I've become a huge fan of Alex because of Moonlight, and I'll always follow him because I think he's brilliant. And the guy has enough charisma to power a large city. Seriously! His aura will knock you off your feet. :thud:

Alex is an intelligent, thoughtful, and extremely fun person. I'd love to have him over for a barbecue, and hang around and shoot the breeze. I bet that would be amazingly fun, and maybe after a few hours the hotness factor would be less overwhelming. :laugh: But I agree with Lilly - Alex isn't my "type." Gorgeous, fun, charming, and talented, oh yeah. But nah... there's no contest, when he's up against Mick. :rose:

Grace once said it was the voiceovers that gave us such a window into Mick, and I agree. We could see Mick's soul in a way that even his closest friends and loved ones couldn't. And every time I hear one of those velvet-gravel voiceovers, I am smitten anew. I am as in love with Mick now as I ever was. His sadness and yearning pull at my heart, and his dark humor makes me smile. His beauty is... well, just extraordinary. I love his sense of controlled power and I love his conflicted mind. It'll always be Mick for me.
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

I had thought I voted and commented on this before but I guess not because it doesn't show up in "View Your Posts."

Not sure who else on this board followed Alex to Pittsburgh but I did along with Amyvil almost two years ago. I also saw Alex at the Paley Center more than three years ago - that was a cross country trip. If you didn't know me, you might think my vote would be for Alex, but it isn't even close. I am a Mick "girl" through and through and when I went to see Alex at the Paley Center, it was for a Moonlight event. When I sent heart felt letters to save the show, it was for Moonlight, not just Alex. When I went to Pittsburgh almost two years ago, it was because Alex was the closest person to Mick I could find, and it was in honor of Mick and Moonlight not really in honor of Alex.

As I write this on an incredibly hot day (it may break a record) in June (and it's still technically Spring here) I realize I sound somewhat crazy, but that's just how it is. I have watched Hawaii 5-0 live all year (but I am not really watching most of the reruns) to support Alex - I really find "Castle" to be the more entertaining show. I watched "Three Rivers" to support Alex although most of the episodes weren't that great. I did really like Alex in "Criminal MInds" and I still have that episode on my DVR along with all the episodes of Moonlight to go with my three Moonlight DVDs.

But when I look at Alex in most of his roles (with the exception of Mary Bryant) I find Mick so much more appealing. I will admit those TVGuide (I think that was it) photos where Alex looks like a Greek God are really appealing. But for the most part, I don't care for Alex in super short hair and I am not crazy about all of his tats. I realize it is his body to do with as he pleases, but I sometimes wonder about the tats and how much trouble they are to cover up in roles where they wouldn't be appropriate - like in Three Rivers and Moonlight. Mick just seems like a more romantic person and someone I would like to talk to and look at for a long period of time.

A number of previous posters have expressed how I feel so I won't continue this forever, but it was Mick I feel "in love with." As much as you can "fall in love" with a fictional character. To me Alex, sometimes seems like someone who was really wild in his youth, and I am really not sure we would have much to talk aobut once we got past Mick.

Thanks for reading.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

I love Alex. Not only is he the most beautiful man I've ever laid eyes on, his talent surpasses his good looks, he seems like a very down-to-earth guy, he seems very gracious and patient with his fans and seems to be an all-around great guy. I'm an Alex fan for life and will follow his career anywhere it takes him.

But the biggest reason I love Alex is because he gave me the gift of Mick. I will adore him forever for that.

As big an Alex girl as I am, I'm a bigger Mick girl. :cloud9:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

PNWgal wrote:
But the biggest reason I love Alex is because he gave me the gift of Mick. I will adore him forever for that.

As big an Alex girl as I am, I'm a bigger Mick girl. :cloud9:
Perfect. :yes:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

Thanks, coco... :hug:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

What a fabulous thread this is!

Wonderful discussion!

Jenna
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix

Return to “Moonlight Fun & Games”