Mick
63%

Total votes: 76

choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: The BIG question: Alex or Mick?

Post by choccyterri »

:hyper: So my vote has been cast, and it is another for Alex... :heart:

As an actor, I think that his leading roles have truly brought him into his own... playing such a variety of characters... and yes, he is a beautiful man, but I would take his versatility, over just one character any day. :hug: Although I will always be grateful for the character he played... that brought him to me... :giggle:...and how very real he made Mick.... :heart:

I'm thankful for them both... :ghug:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I think that's the way all of us feel, whether we voted for Mick or for Alex. Mick brought most of us to Alex. And Alex brought us Mick. :hearts: :rose: :heart:
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

Oh how did I miss this one?

I have to admit there would have been no Mick without Alex and logic tells me I should vote for Alex, but I just had to vote for Mick...he was my first love. :heart:
Once a Mick Girl always a Mick Girl. Image
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Definitely Mick!

I had seen Alex on one or two episodes of The Shield and Hyatt did nothing for me.

When Moonlight aired, I memorized the name "Mick St. John" immediately. One of the absolute best character names EVER. I was Mick's after that hug at the end of NSTAV. It took me three or four episodes to remember "Alex O'Loughlin" so that I could look him up on imdb to see what else he had done. Until then, I did not realize that I had seen him before.

I appreciate the work Alex did bringing Mick to life and now want to follow him as well as all the other actors from ML. Alex's just been far more visible and interviewed. He's also the only remnant of Mick that we have left - at least physically. As time passes, Mick and Alex kind of go hand in hand. I do hope he goes on to bigger and better things.
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

:gasp: Although I voted I never actually commented in this thread.

For me it is Mick. I do love Alex, think he is a talented, gorgeous man. He has my sincerest gratitude for breathing life into a character that stole my heart. As much as I enjoy Alex, am a fan and will make an effort to support whatever he does, it is Mick that I think of on a daily basis. It's Mick that steals into my dreams. It is Mick that inspires me to write.
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

GuardianAngel wrote:It is Mick that inspires me to write.
Oh honey...me too... :hug:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
MoonlitRose
Fledgling

Post by MoonlitRose »

I voted Mick as well. :heart: While I absolutely watch and even may swoon over Alex and some of his other characters, it's still Mick that causes my heart to pitter patter! :heart: There's just something about Mick that continues to reach through the screen and grabs me. Mick is the one who occupies my thoughts through the wonderful written stories of ML. No doubt about it for me. It's Mick, ... no if's, ... and's, or ... but's about it! :laugh:

:twothumbs:
-MoonlitRose
To view additional Graphic Art by MoonlitRose.
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Oh, also, there is the little problem of my falling for the henleys. The long coats. The mahogany curls brushing against shirt collars. *sigh* Sorry. :snicker:
jmc
Rogue vampire

Post by jmc »

kath40 wrote: Once a Mick Girl always a Mick Girl. Image
Another Mick Girl reporting in. :wave: Without Mick, I probably would have missed Alex altogether - I just wouldn't have tuned in to The Shield or Three Rivers or BUP.

. . . Love is strong as death . . . - Song of Solomon 8: 6
"fiercely faithful"

My beautiful MickBeth avatar by Twilightdew. My beautiful banner courtesy of the very talented Phoenix.
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

JMC - with that banner, how could anyone not love Mick?
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.

Return to “Moonlight Fun & Games”