"2048" - Moonlight Edition

Games, Polls & General Silly-Business
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

"2048" - Moonlight Edition

Post by Lilly »

I've been hearing about an addictive game called "2048," but had no clue what it was all about until this morning when I stumbled upon a website for customizing the game. :blinksmile:

Here are the rules:
HOW TO PLAY: Use your arrow keys to move the tiles.
When two identical tiles touch, they merge and become the next level of tile. Get a tile to the eleventh level to win.
Here's a Moonlight edition for anyone who wants to give it a try: http://games.usvsth3m.com/2048/moonlight-edition-4/

:teeth:

ETA: Alternative link for folks who are having trouble with the first one: http://games.usvsth3m.com/2048/moonlight-edition-6/
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: "2048" - Moonlight Edition

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

I tried it, but I didn't understand what I was doing. When you click the arrow keys how do you know which tile is going to move? And where does it say what level you are on? :chin:

ETA: Okay, I get it a little more now. But then I tried the Tetris version. I love Tetris!
Last edited by MickLifeCrisis on Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

LOL, I've been playing 2048 with Tom Hiddleston pictures...how lovely I can now do it with Moonlight! :teeth:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

MLC - I was a little confused at first about what moved when you hit the arrow keys. What happens is -- everything does. :blinksmile: It's like tilting the whole board in the direction of the arrow and then all the pieces slide in that direction.

The levels are associated with the particular pieces (if you see the piece, you're on that level):

1 - Mick
2 - Josef
3 - Beth
4 - Coraline
5 - Josh
6 - Josef from FtP
7 - Guillermo
8 - Carl
9 - Vamp Mick
10 - Mick and Coraline
11 - Mick and Beth
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

That's a really nice game for being such an easy premise. I got to level 7 at first try.
:flowers: Thanks!
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Lilly wrote:MLC - I was a little confused at first about what moved when you hit the arrow keys. What happens is -- everything does. :blinksmile: It's like tilting the whole board in the direction of the arrow and then all the pieces slide in that direction.

The levels are associated with the particular pieces (if you see the piece, you're on that level):

1 - Mick
2 - Josef
3 - Beth
4 - Coraline
5 - Josh
6 - Josef from FtP
7 - Guillermo
8 - Carl
9 - Vamp Mick
10 - Mick and Coraline
11 - Mick and Beth
Thanks, Lilly, That does help. How would I have known the level if you hadn't told me? I kept expecting something that showed me a number.

ETA: Tried again. That "tilt the board" analogy really helped lot! Got to Level 7 Guillermo, but that's a big improvement from before!
MickLifeCrisis
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I have NO idea what I'm doing, but I got to see Guillermo once, so I'm happy. :snicker: I can see how this game would be utterly addictive! Are you supposed to try to get all the tiles to match, or just keep moving up if you can? :chin: And when is the game over? :dizzy:

One of the pictures is showing up as a Photobucket "This image has been moved or deleted" notice, though. :shrug:
ETA: I think it must be Josh, because I didn't see his picture.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Jep, Josh is a ghost. :snicker:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Josh showed up for me.

I got up to Carl. :cheering:
MickLifeCrisis
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Sorry about that. :sigh: I've been able to see Josh just fine when I play the game, but when I tried in another browser, I got the error.

There's no way to correct it, so I'm going to have to make a new one. I'll be back with it in a little while. :thumbs:

ETA: I thought I might have copied the URL incorrectly, but if MLC can see him, then I have no idea what's going on. :shrug: :dizzy:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I can see Josh.

I've made it as far as vamped Mick.

And thank you for a new addiction, Lilly. :mdrama:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

For those of you who can't see Josh, try this link: http://games.usvsth3m.com/2048/moonlight-edition-6/

I've made it as far as vamped Mick with a score of 6700. Hopefully, the last two pics are OK. We may never know. :snicker:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
eris
Sire

Post by eris »

Oh No! Not another one!!! :thud:

I've been down the 2028 rabbit hole with Doctor Who for almost a week, now. (Can't get past Nine.) :sigh:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

My best score is 5348 with vampy Mick. I am totally addicted to this game! Darn it! :rolling:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Just did a game and got up to Carl. Closed it down, then thought "okay, one more" and opened it back up. That time, Josh didn't show up, just the ghost. Very strange.
MickLifeCrisis

Return to “Moonlight Fun & Games”