Happy Tenth Birthday, MLA!

Happy Tenth Birthday, MLA!

Postby allegrita » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:14 am

Once upon a time, our founder Phoenix followed her dream of creating a forum where Moonlight fans could have a safe place to meet, talk about our beloved show, and create and enjoy stories, artwork, videos, and lots of other things related to Moonlight. We celebrate MLA's "birthday" on January 13th, because that's the day she created the forum, but it actually opened for new members on January 16th.

Believe it or not, that was ten years ago. TEN! :gasp:

We've changed a lot over the years, both as fans and as people. The fires of our passion for the show have faded to comfortable, glowing embers. Many of our old friends have moved on to other interests, and rarely visit anymore--and sadly, we've lost too many dear friends. :bmoon: But there are quite a few who pop in every so often to see what's up with our community, share news about our lives and our interests, reread a favorite fic or look for a new one, enjoy fan art and videos, look up location information or the name of Mick's favorite jeans... :melts:

Ten years on, we still support the people who created Moonlight and brought the characters to life. We follow their ongoing work while staying loyal to the special show that brought us all together. We care about one another, lift each other up when we're down, offer a virtual hand to hold when needed, exchange opinions on new TV shows and movies, and generally act the way friends do, who've been friends for a long time. :ghug:

Thank you, dear Moonlightaholics, for ten wonderful years together! And thanks to Trevor Munson, Ron Koslow, all the amazing writers and showrunners, the fabulous designers and their support crews, the amazing camera operators, editors, hair & makeup wizards, and especially the actors who gave us Mick, Josef, Beth, Coraline, and all the rest. They made a good team. :rose:

Happy Tenth Birthday, moonlightaholics.com! :celebrate:
:bdsing: :champs: :champs: :cake: :bdayball: :bdayfworks: :groupwave: :sprise:
It all started January 13, 2009...
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Happy Tenth Birthday, MLA!

Postby Ella713 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:07 pm

Wonderful tribute Alle!! Never has a show touched me the way Moonlight did and I am so grateful for this site where I get to share my love for the show with others who feel the same way I do! So many wonderful talented people here and I enjoy making magic happen with all of you! This site is truly something special! I love you all! :celebrate:
Ella713
Rogue vampire

Postby MickLifeCrisis » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:24 pm

Beautifully said, my dear Allegrita. Fire or embers, this is still a cozy place to come sit and warm our toes by the crystal fireplace. Thank you for keeping the door open for us.

:rose: :flowers: :hearts: :heart:
:ghug:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
MickLifeCrisis
Cleaner

Postby Luxe de Luxe » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:13 am

Thank you Alle and all of the other moonlightaholics who continue to enjoy this space. This has been and always will be a very special space to me. This is and was my first and only fan forum. I still remember the very early days in the fandom, which felt a bit like being in the Wild West, and am very grateful that I landed here. I was so worried that this place would disappear after the shows cancellation. I had come to rely on having a connection with my beloved characters and the other fans who loved them as I did. The fact that this place is still here is a tribute to the mods and especially to Alle who has been such a staunch guardian. Thank you and god bless to you all :hearts:
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Postby cassysj » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:59 am

Hard to believe 10 years ago. I am grateful that this place has stayed around, this fandom set off a creativity in me that I never could have imagined... i've been thinking about Moonlight lately, it may be time for me to do a rewatch. I do still enjoy looking up Moonlight actors on IMDB to see what is going on.

On another note, It's interesting when you see a show again after a while. I've recently been watching Antenna TV and seen shows I grew up with like Alice, Archie Bunker's Place. I've also been doing the complete Star Wars Saga starting with Phantom Menace and I'm up to Season 2 of The Clone Wars Animated series then complete the Prequels, watch Rebels Animated series before the new standalone movies then the originals then the sequels. It's a lot of work to be a Star Wars Fan. :batseyes:

I do love this little corner of the Moonlight world.

Carol
Banner and Avatar by me
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Postby choccyterri » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:38 am

:hearts: Hello Moonlight friends. :heart:

I know that I was a latecomer to this lovely forum... brought here by lovely friends who continue to be just that. And I do fall into the category of visiting to catch up, and re-read... but goodness, the inspiration and friendship that flowed over these walls is still as wonderful as it ever was. :ghug:

Thank you, Alle, for keeping it alive, and for helping this lovely forum to continue being a place of comfort and 'home' for us. Ten years is a huge length of time in fast-moving world... and we so appreciate having somewhere to be unashamedly truthful of our love for our little show. :heart:

Happy 10 years Moonlightaholics!

:champs: :ghug: :ghug: :champs:

β€œIt is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Postby Moonlightsonata » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:51 pm

Thank you so much for having a place where the Moonlight magic is kept alive.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Postby allegrita » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:58 pm

Thanks, everybody, for your kind words. It's good to have friends! :ghug: :hearts: :rose:
It all started January 13, 2009...
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Return to Moonlight Music