All About Mick #20

Locked Mick St. John threads can be found here
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: All About Mick #20

Post by allegrita »

Beautiful selection, Moonlighter! Honey, you've got lots of company in missing Alex Mick. But he's not gone, not as long as we're here to love him and keep him alive in our hearts. :ghug: :hug:

ETA: I'm an idiot! I meant Mick! :slaphead: Sheesh!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

allegrita wrote:Beautiful selection, Moonlighter! Honey, you've got lots of company in missing Mick. But he's not gone, not as long as we're here to love him and keep him alive in our hearts. :ghug: :hug:

True, most definitely true... but not only that...

Hey Moonlighter! Remember how on your blog, over a year ago, we were saying we might not be able to save the show but we wanted to make enough noise so that Mick and Moonlight would not be forgotten in Hollywood? Remember that! I think we did it, honey. As Lucky wrote, somewhere, yesterday, all these articles that mention Alex also mention his fans, ML is in top tv shows cancelled too soon lists... and now a top 100 shows of all time list, and Mick (and sometimes Josef) makes it onto every top vamps/ tv characters of all time list... AND we got a DVD and a SYFY and now Brit tv repeat run!

We definitely made a difference; not the difference we had wanted to make, but we made noise and ML is NOT forgotten by those who don't work at CBS anyway.

And look at that vamp... HOW could he be forgotten? :happysigh:

Speaking of vamps... I watched BC the other day, in honor of our BritChicks... and wonder if anyone might get around to posting any vampy-Mick BC pics sometime in the not overly distant future.... :whistle:

Edited by Allegrita to fix her quote because she is an idiot.
:dizzy:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

You mean like these, grace?

Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

:yes: THANK YOU, Lilly! :hearts:

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

You're very welcome, grace.

Of course there's also the old favorite.....

Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Ohhhh! *shivers*

WHAT a great view of his fangs! :happysigh:
And his pendant... *loves that*

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Mmmmm.... love me some vampy Mick... Here's "use the force" Mick.

Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

allegrita wrote:... Here's "use the force" Mick.
:rolling:
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

wpgrace wrote:Hey Moonlighter! Remember how on your blog, over a year ago, we were saying we might not be able to save the show but we wanted to make enough noise so that Mick and Moonlight would not be forgotten in Hollywood? Remember that! I think we did it, honey. As Lucky wrote, somewhere, yesterday, all these articles that mention Alex also mention his fans, ML is in top tv shows cancelled too soon lists... and now a top 100 shows of all time list, and Mick (and sometimes Josef) makes it onto every top vamps/ tv characters of all time list... AND we got a DVD and a SYFY and now Brit tv repeat run!

We definitely made a difference; not the difference we had wanted to make, but we made noise and ML is NOT forgotten by those who don't work at CBS anyway.

And look at that vamp... HOW could he be forgotten? :happysigh:
I certainly do remember, Grace. It was such a worthwhile effort. And isn't funny that there are so many references to Moonlight being ahead of the curve, etc., etc., etc. with all the new vamp shows and movies coming out? What's the saying -- you never miss the water 'til the well runs dry? CBS had a goldmine on their hands, but greed, as always, killed something so beautiful. So as much as I miss it, I will forever be grateful to all the talented writers here who keep Mick and Beth and Josef alive in our hearts. I don't know what I'd do without them! And of course everyone who posts lovely Mick pics, too!
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

ITA, Moonlighter... I also LOOOOOOVE what Alex told that reporter who asked about Moonlight being ahead of the vampire curve... "... we jumped the gun and then got disqualified..."...

He's so funny. :giggle:

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Mmmmmmmmmick...

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Nice pics Lilly, Alle & Red. :flowers:

:happysigh: :happysigh:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Awww, you guys are going to make everyone get all weepy nostalgic? Oh, okay... :hankie:

Some pics, then some comments on other posts, and then a bit of Mick trivia that got me to wondering.

Mourning Mick:

Comments on other posts:
OMG, Coco, the Mick strut in those shades... :melts: :thud: :melts: And I always loved that outfit, it fits him so... well. :drool:

ML, CBS had a goldmine on their hands, but greed, as always, killed something so beautiful. Yes, I really believe the downfall was brought on by the "corporatization" of Hollywood. Bean counters are in charge now (sorry to the bean counters out there, no offense intended unless you're a Hollywood bean counter :grumble: ). It was better when the artists were running things. I look at shows like Mad Men and lots of the stuff on HBO and realize that the big difference is that the creative side of the house is allowed the freedom to take risks to tell a great story. Sorry, getting off topic. I know. <<hoping the lovely pics I've posted above will compensate in some way>>

And ML, if those Mick pics you posted are any indication of how you mourn a loss, please, mourn some more... :snicker: (Some random beauties, indeed!) No, I agree, it is a little tough lately, for all of us. I think this is because as the debut of 3R gets closer, the finality sets in (even though we've all known it in our heads for quite awhile now, we also know the head is not always capable of controlling the heart and so emotionally we haven't accepted it yet). I quit "campaigning" long ago, but still haven't accepted in my heart that we won't see more Mick... and yes, that's why we're all here reading fanfic (thanks, Lunalux!). At least we can keep Mick alive that way. And not to get too far :offtopic: , but I swear, one of these days I'm going to convince Guardian Angel to take LL's fanfic and "illustrate" it like she did the ML episodes. I bet she could find the perfect screencap for each of LL's scenes!

Alle, we've all made that Freudian slip many times! I still think one of the most honest and revealing things Alex ever said was, "I get this guy."

Grace, his pendant... *I loves that too*

Okay, finally, onto the...

Trivia: Found this at Wikipedia when looking up "mickey" (wanted to know the origins of the "spiking a drink" usage - also an interesting read for you ff writers), which led to looking up "Mick" (of course!):

Mick - a commonly used slang term used in rural parts of South Australia to refer to a friend, usually replacing words such as mate, bloke and lad (according to Wikipedia)

Now, why have our Australian friends here never mentioned this Moonlight coincidence???? Hmmmm???? Are you falling down on us, my friends? :chin: Or are none of you from the "rural parts of South Australia"? :laugh:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

HotMicks wrote:Trivia: Found this at Wikipedia when looking up "mickey" (wanted to know the origins of the "spiking a drink" usage - also an interesting read for you ff writers), which led to looking up "Mick" (of course!):

Mick - a commonly used slang term used in rural parts of South Australia to refer to a friend, usually replacing words such as mate, bloke and lad (according to Wikipedia)

Now, why have our Australian friends here never mentioned this Moonlight coincidence???? Hmmmm???? Are you falling down on us, my friends? :chin: Or are none of you from the "rural parts of South Australia"? :laugh:
HotMicks, I grew up in rural Oz, (although not the state of South Australia), and I've never heard it in my life. :no:

The only slang expression I've ever heard "mick" used for, was as a semi-affectionate term for a Catholic. Personally I think Wiki is wrong. :whistle: And the only term for friend here is "mate". :thumbs: "Bloke" and "lad" do not mean "friend". :noway:
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Thanks Phee... tho good question Hot Micks...

I've also "mick" used as a pejorative for Irishman...

Return to “The Mick St. John Archives”