All About Mick #18

Locked Mick St. John threads can be found here
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: All About Mick #18

Post by redwinter101 »

I agree, Grace. Alex put it all out there, heart and soul, and became Mick. And then shared Mick with all of us. Whatever else Alex does in the future, I will always, always be incredibly grateful and full of admiration for him for giving us Mick.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

wpgrace wrote:
redwinter101 wrote:
wpgrace wrote:I will never get over him... :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh:
Oh me neither, sweetpea. Me neither.

Red

It's odd tho... he looks so different from Alex, doesn't he? Older, bigger, sober-er (which isn't a word, I know), more pre-occupied, just different. I mean this was really a role for Alex. I mean, there are glimpses of him in there, but he really became Mick... became another person. I find that really awesome... and almost mystical....
the mark of a good actor...to make you believe in the character he's playing....Mick became real because Alex brought him to life.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Mick WAS real. IS real. So true, Dark. :heart:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I had a conversation with a ML-loving friend a while ago, and we kinda decided that Alex was channeling Mick. That Mick's out there somewhere, and he chose Alex to manifest himself. (Which isn't fair to Alex, really, but that's the way it feels... Mick is real!)

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

allegrita wrote:I had a conversation with a ML-loving friend a while ago, and we kinda decided that Alex was channeling Mick. That Mick's out there somewhere, and he chose Alex to manifest himself. (Which isn't fair to Alex, really, but that's the way it feels... Mick is real!)

I like that, Alle... I can live with that... :smooch:

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Borrowed these pix from tecc--she posted a marvelous assortment of pix on the MB thread. Had to move a few of them here.

I kinda have a thing for Mickback.
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

It's true. The more I get to know what Alex is like I realize he bears little resemblance to Mick in his mannerisms, his personality, the way he holds his body, his outlook on life, the way he talks, basically you name it.
darlingcat
Courtesan

Post by darlingcat »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:I kinda have a thing for Mickback.
:snicker: :hug:
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

helloeeze wrote:It's true. The more I get to know what Alex is like I realize he bears little resemblance to Mick in his mannerisms, his personality, the way he holds his body, his outlook on life, the way he talks, basically you name it.

A true testament to Alex's ability that he can inhabit a character so vastly different from who he is and make is so believable. He pretty much left Alex at the door when he donned those henleys.
darlingcat
Courtesan

Post by darlingcat »

allegrita wrote:I had a conversation with a ML-loving friend a while ago, and we kinda decided that Alex was channeling Mick. That Mick's out there somewhere, and he chose Alex to manifest himself. (Which isn't fair to Alex, really, but that's the way it feels... Mick is real!)
Interesting, Alle! A good friend of mine, and the ultimate Mick girl, said more or less the same. She thinks that the main reason Alex was so devastated when ML was canceled was that he knew how special Mick was. He knew he had created something unique that cannot be duplicated. Mick wasn't just a character, he was real :hearts:
I agree 100%; if Alex hadn't walked to that audition that first day to dazzle Ron Koslow, we wouldn't have had the Mick we love. Assume that all parameters of the show had been kept the same, the other actors, the writers, the sets, the music, the noir, everything but a different actor had portrayed Mick, we wouldn't be having this discussion today.
Last edited by darlingcat on Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

My mind can't even comprehend someone else playing Mick. Can't fathom it at all.
So lucky they got the right guy, aren't we?
mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

I find myself having a new appreciation for Mick now that we've seen more of Alex just as Alex and in his other characterizations...Vincent, Stan, behind-the-scenes TBUP, Dr. Andy, Alex on his bike :melts: and all the other new pics. Mick's looks, mannerisms, and demeanor is a world apart. I guess since I came to know Alex as Mick, it's really hitting me now that he's moving further away from him so-to-speak. Even though I've seen Alex in his other past roles, it somehow feels different now. :?

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

mwj01 wrote:I find myself having a new appreciation for Mick now that we've seen more of Alex just as Alex and in his other characterizations...Vincent, Stan, behind-the-scenes TBUP, Dr. Andy, Alex on his bike :melts: and all the other new pics. Mick's looks, mannerisms, and demeanor is a world apart. I guess since I came to know Alex as Mick, it's really hitting me now that he's moving further away from him so-to-speak. Even though I've seen Alex in his other past roles, it somehow feels different now. :?

I know what you mean... I think many of us, so impressed with the subtle and low-key way Alex often played Mick, and in listening to his interviews where he stated so often how much he loved and understood Mick, that we often assumed there was just a whole lot of Alex IN Mick... but I think there's just a whole lot of talent in Alex... and he truly can be many people.

And ya know, the Alex we see in interviews may not be the real Alex all that much either... when do actors really stop acting? But that guy he's playing in interviews, real Alex or not, is mighty attractive... just different from Mick.

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

wpgrace wrote: And ya know, the Alex we see in interviews may not be the real Alex all that much either... when do actors really stop acting? But that guy he's playing in interviews, real Alex or not, is mighty attractive... just different from Mick.
An excellent point, grace. It's all roleplaying in a way. Actors need to protect themselves a little--because they can't hop up on a roof like Mick can... (although he wasn't safe even up there, poor guy!)

Return to “The Mick St. John Archives”