All about Mick #6

Locked Mick St. John threads can be found here
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Re: All about Mick #6

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

I know, need to work on that.

But I don't think I could post pix and drool at the same time.

Have we had the best selection of photos tonight or what?
Love to you, grace. :smooch: I am going to bed, too.

Sweet dreams all!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

:night:
Fleur de Lisa wrote:I know, need to work on that.

But I don't think I could post pix and drool at the same time.

Have we had the best selection of photos tonight or what?
Love to you, grace. :smooch: I am going to bed, too.

Sweet dreams all!

:night: to ma Fleurette and to all the mad-skilled pic posters we so have the pleasure to know and love!!! :hearts:

(and thank PNW's Bob that y'all love Alex... imagine our misfortune if y'all were heavy into Tom Cruise...NOT the pics I would want to see)
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

Sweet dreams!

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

darlingcat wrote:And I remember reading some of the earlier reviews that Alex was "passable" and "adequate".
Sometimes I wonder if these "critics" were talking about the Mick St. John we all fell in love with
Yeah, but it's usually MALE critics who are saying that. They aren't drooling over Alex and making note of how gorgeous he is. They are watching his acting abilities, chemistry with the co-stars, line readings, believability, etc. ;)
*Christy*

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

wondergirl9847 wrote:
darlingcat wrote:And I remember reading some of the earlier reviews that Alex was "passable" and "adequate".
Sometimes I wonder if these "critics" were talking about the Mick St. John we all fell in love with
Yeah, but it's usually MALE critics who are saying that. They aren't drooling over Alex and making note of how gorgeous he is. They are watching his acting abilities, chemistry with the co-stars, line readings, believability, etc. ;)
Well... YEAH, but...

So was I watching those early episodes. Chemistry with the co-stars? Check. Acting ability? Check. (Maybe double-check.) Line readings? Well, I don't know about cold reads. Believability? Hell, honey...he made some of those awful lines in the early episodes utterly believable.

I wasn't in love with Alex. I was in love with the show. It took me a while to fall in love with Alex. And in reality, I really fell in love with Mick, not Alex. Alex is a great guy. I'd love to go camping with him or have a beer with him. But Mick? Just put us in a room and LEAVE, thank you very much.

*Alle puts her mod hat back on and goes away*
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

allegrita wrote:
wondergirl9847 wrote:
Well... YEAH, but...

So was I watching those early episodes. Chemistry with the co-stars? Check. Acting ability? Check. (Maybe double-check.) Line readings? Well, I don't know about cold reads. Believability? Hell, honey...he made some of those awful lines in the early episodes utterly believable.

I wasn't in love with Alex. I was in love with the show. It took me a while to fall in love with Alex. And in reality, I really fell in love with Mick, not Alex. Alex is a great guy. I'd love to go camping with him or have a beer with him. But Mick? Just put us in a room and LEAVE, thank you very much.

*Alle puts her mod hat back on and goes away*
Alle, this is true!

I didn't FIND the show until BC... but I fell for the show and for Mick within 10 minutes....

It wasn't until 3 shows in that my husband asked who played Mick...and I did not know! He sniffed his usual superiority sniff (NOT the sexy vampire sniffing thing, btw.... :grumble: ) and explained as tho I were 8 that I could discern the actor's name if I would read the credits at the beginning... And dummy me (thus deserving the superiority sniff) asked how would I tell which name was the actor playing Mick... so then I had to hear the lecture about the order in which actors are listed (WHO THE HELL WAS READING THOSE NAME CREDITS AT THE BEGINNING WHEN MICK WAS ALREADY ON THE FRIKKIN SCREEN!!!!).

But I will say that by then, I was totally impressed with the as-yet-unnamed actor who played Mick--meaning impressed by his acting-- and when Mr. Superiority pointed out which name belonged to him... I realized I liked the actor too, not just the character. And a couple months later, I was so into it I actually went on line and found you good people and that's been that.

Do NOT get the digs at his acting... cause of course now I've seen a lot more of it... and he's really good. He can play anything.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

Morning everyone! :coffee:

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Well it's mid-afternoon here, perfect time for a Mick teabreak. Thanks, mwj :).

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Good Morning Ladies!!

I went to bed last night thinking of all the lovely photos you presented us with yesterday, and wake up this morning to another beautiful shot from mwj's cache.

And speaking to Mick's magneticism. Yeah, he had me at the first word he uttered.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Thanks, Sister Hon... love the b/w theme we get going from time to time... he does so well in b/w. Even more noirish... I miss the noir....

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

redwinter101 wrote:Well it's mid-afternoon here, perfect time for a Mick teabreak. Thanks, mwj :).

Red
Wish I was joining you, red. Dark, gray, gloomy and rainy here.
And noirish Mick seems very appropriate in that setting.
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Mick ... noir.

Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Excellent Phee!!

I had loved the noirish atmosphere of the early eps... I thought that stylistically, it really made the show stand out... besides the way Mick made the show stand out... :bat: Noirish bat....

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Lovely, phee.

I always enjoy spotting how many Mick scenes have the bars of light/shadows either across him or near. His own virtual prison.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:Lovely, phee.

I always enjoy spotting how many Mick scenes have the bars of light/shadows either across him or near. His own virtual prison.

Nice observation!!!!!

Return to “The Mick St. John Archives”