A place for heartagram_lala's G to PG-13 stories
heartagram_lala
Fledgling

Blood is Life - Mick/Beth - ONESHOT - PG

Post by heartagram_lala »

[x]Title: Blood is life.
[x]Author: Heartagram_LaLa
[x]Rating: PG
[x]Warning: Blood, but if you watch moonlight then blood shouldnt really be a warming, but ill put it anyway lol, just incase.
[x]Pairing: Mick/Beth
[x]Genre: Angst, 352 words
[x]Spoilers: 1x04 Fever
[x]Summary: Mick's thoughts about blood, a lifesourse for humans and vampires alike, and his feelings about the 'bathtub' scene from Fever.
[x]Disclaimer: Not my toys, im just borrowing them =D

Humans and vampires are alike almost as much as they are different.

Humans need blood to survive; Vampires need blood to survive.

Humans can, and often do, donate blood to save lives. Just because the life they save may be that of a vampire, doesn’t override the fact that they willingly parted with their blood.

And that is what keeps my guilt at bay as I feed off the willingly given blood. Sure it’s not quite as satisfying as taking the ruby red liquid straight from the source, but it’s a price I am willing to pay, to keep to monster in me at bay.

Think of it as a steak, I used to love a good steak, cooked to perfection so it melts in your mouth, but even if it wasn’t cooked perfectly, if it was a little over or under cooked, it was still pretty damn good.

And I am willing to stick with pretty damn good.

Well I was, until Beth came along.

She really threw a spanner in the works.

She willingly gave up her blood for me to feed on, to save my life, except it wasn’t via a donation at a hospital; it was via a vein in her arm. I took it with less trepidation that I would like to admit, but I was dying and I knew her life source would be the only way that I could survive.

But ever since the moment my fangs pulled away from her skin I felt guilty. The vampire in me was healing and satisfied so the hunger died down to a manageable level, leaving my human side to think freely, and feel guiltier then I ever had before.

I did the one thing that I had sworn to myself I would never do, from the moment I first laid my eyes on Beth, as a scared little child, I vowed to protect her, to keep her from evil, but I went back on my word. I managed to protect her from everyone and everything except myself.

My greatest demon and the vampire I hate the most, myself.

FIN

Comments are greatly appreciated.
Last edited by heartagram_lala on Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Blood is Life - Mick/Beth - ONESHOT

Post by francis »

I haven't read this one before. A nice look into Mick's thoughts. I guess the stale blood lost its taste now that he had the gourmet meal that is Beth.
heartagram_lala
Fledgling

francis wrote:I haven't read this one before. A nice look into Mick's thoughts. I guess the stale blood lost its taste now that he had the gourmet meal that is Beth.
Thanks =D

I think any blood would lack in comparison to Beth's for Mick, spesh the non fat soy vegan blood, as Josef so eloquently puts it :lol:
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

francis wrote:I haven't read this one before. A nice look into Mick's thoughts. I guess the stale blood lost its taste now that he had the gourmet meal that is Beth.
ITA, francis! Gourmet meal -- that's a good one!

Poor Mick, always feeling so guilty. But apparently the donor gets some benefits as well in the right situation, so Mick should make sure to share that with Beth...
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
heartagram_lala
Fledgling

Moonlighter wrote:
ITA, francis! Gourmet meal -- that's a good one!

Poor Mick, always feeling so guilty. But apparently the donor gets some benefits as well in the right situation, so Mick should make sure to share that with Beth...
gourmet meal indeed =P

And yeah... some pretty nice benefits *wink* IMO he shares those with Beth a lot! hehe
jen
Cleaner

Re: Blood is Life - Mick/Beth - ONESHOT - PG

Post by jen »

Very nice.

I am glad that Mick seemed to move away from the worst of the self-inflicted anguish after Josef re-turned him in FTP.

Thank you!!!

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
heartagram_lala
Fledgling

Re: Blood is Life - Mick/Beth - ONESHOT - PG

jen wrote:Very nice.

I am glad that Mick seemed to move away from the worst of the self-inflicted anguish after Josef re-turned him in FTP.

Thank you!!!

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Agreed (again lol) I liked the more fun and upbeat side to Mick, even though i do love the torn side of him too, but it was nice to see him changing =D

Return to “heartagram_lala's Office”