[x]Rating: PG
[x]Warning: None
[x]Pairing: Mick/Beth
[x]Genre: Angst/Fluff
[x]Words: 277
[x]Spoilers: None
[x]Summary: It's the simple things in life Mick misses most
[x]Disclaimer: Not my toys, im just borrowing them =D

As a vampire it’s the simple things in life that I miss most.

The taste of a steak cooked to perfection, the touch of the sun on your face, the comfort of a soft and warm bed.

I now have none of that.

The only meat I can eat is human, and the thought alone makes me sick.

The sun on my face is no longer a nice warm feeling, but a painful burning one.

And the comfort of a soft and warm bed is traded in for a cold and hard freezer.

The thing I miss most about my humanity though are my emotions.

Hope, love, happiness.

I haven’t felt any of them in years, and when I think I do, I shake my head and realize I must be kidding myself.

That was until Beth managed to get closer to me then I meant on letting her.

She wove herself so effortlessly into my every day life that before I realized what had happened she had moved into my heart and apartment.

Without realizing it I had become happy and remembered what it was like to love and be loved.

And it isn’t the huge proclamations of love or the physical touches that make me happy, no, it is the simple things.

The way her clothes took over my closet without me noticing.

The way my bathroom is now full or hair and body products.

The way she pours herself a mug of coffee, and me a glass of blood as if it were the breakfast of every normal couple in the world.

Yeah, it’s definitely the simple things in life I love the most.

---end---

Comments make my day!
Last edited by heartagram_lala on Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Re: Simple Things - Mick/Beth - ONESHOT

Post by Catmoon »

Very nice. I like how Mick is realizing some important things here. True, there are things he misses out on being a vamp, but some of the things he blames on that, really aren't. Like thinking that hope, love, and happiness are things a vampire can't feel. Some humans think they can't feel those things, too. It happens when you close yourself off to them. Now Beth has made him realize he doesn't have to go without many of those pleasures.
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
heartagram_lala
Fledgling

Post by heartagram_lala »

Catmoon wrote:Very nice. I like how Mick is realizing some important things here. True, there are things he misses out on being a vamp, but some of the things he blames on that, really aren't. Like thinking that hope, love, and happiness are things a vampire can't feel. Some humans think they can't feel those things, too. It happens when you close yourself off to them. Now Beth has made him realize he doesn't have to go without many of those pleasures.
HEY YOU!!!

ITA with you, Mick has created this whole idea of what a vampire is, that is totally warped, i mean Josef isn't all depressed and mopey, he is the other extreme but it shows that its not the vampirism that is making Mick all depressed, its just Mick (and that evil sire... lol)

Good to see you here!!!
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

heartagram_lala wrote:
Catmoon wrote:Very nice. I like how Mick is realizing some important things here. True, there are things he misses out on being a vamp, but some of the things he blames on that, really aren't. Like thinking that hope, love, and happiness are things a vampire can't feel. Some humans think they can't feel those things, too. It happens when you close yourself off to them. Now Beth has made him realize he doesn't have to go without many of those pleasures.
HEY YOU!!!

ITA with you, Mick has created this whole idea of what a vampire is, that is totally warped, i mean Josef isn't all depressed and mopey, he is the other extreme but it shows that its not the vampirism that is making Mick all depressed, its just Mick (and that evil sire... lol)

Good to see you here!!!
Wow -- I agree with you both 100%. The vampire world Mick is thinking of is one of his own making. Thank goodness Beth came along to kick him out of the vampire basement he'd resigned himself to!
heartagram_lala wrote: And it isn’t the huge proclamations of love or the physical touches that make me happy, no, it is the simple things.

The way her clothes took over my closet without me noticing.

The way my bathroom is now full or hair and body products.

The way she pours herself a mug of coffee, and me a glass of blood as if it were the breakfast of every normal couple in the world.

Yeah, it’s definitely the simple things in life I love the most.
These last few lines say it all. Nice job, Heart!!!
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
heartagram_lala
Fledgling

Moonlighter wrote: Wow -- I agree with you both 100%. The vampire world Mick is thinking of is one of his own making. Thank goodness Beth came along to kick him out of the vampire basement he'd resigned himself to!
You hit the nail on the head =D Without Beth he'd turn into a Logan... but instead of playing in his basement he'd just be sulking lol
Moonlighter wrote: These last few lines say it all. Nice job, Heart!!!
Thanks =D I'm glad you liked it!!!
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Simple Things - Mick/Beth - ONESHOT - PG

Post by francis »

Yes, the simple things.
She wove herself so effortlessly into my every day life that before I realized what had happened she had moved into my heart and apartment.
This is a lovely line. I want to hug Mick for feeling alive again and relishing the simple things he now has. Much more than any food or sun would make him happy, he now has Beth.
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

I've never read this one before, but I enjoyed it very much. Simple and sweet, and I think very Mick. I'm glad this popped to the top again!
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
heartagram_lala
Fledgling

francis wrote:Yes, the simple things.
This is a lovely line. I want to hug Mick for feeling alive again and relishing the simple things he now has. Much more than any food or sun would make him happy, he now has Beth.
Thanks, and ITA, she grounds him completely to his humanity, even if in the future she is no longer human, she will still be the illusive thing he had been seeking to make him happy =D
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

This is lovely!!!

I agree that Mick is not the typical vampire any longer. He tried that route for Coraline, but abandoned it as it wasn't what he wanted. Mick made the conscious choice to not be defined by his new physical condition and is working on taming the beast within.

This probably would have been the journey of Moonlight.

And along the way, he stumbled further into humanity when the now adult Beth Turner entered his life and his loft. Your description of the small things that occurred as they became a regular couple was charming and quite heartwarming--for all.

Thanks

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
heartagram_lala
Fledgling

jen wrote:This is lovely!!!

I agree that Mick is not the typical vampire any longer. He tried that route for Coraline, but abandoned it as it wasn't what he wanted. Mick made the conscious choice to not be defined by his new physical condition and is working on taming the beast within.

This probably would have been the journey of Moonlight.

And along the way, he stumbled further into humanity when the now adult Beth Turner entered his life and his loft. Your description of the small things that occurred as they became a regular couple was charming and quite heartwarming--for all.

Thanks

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Agreed, i hate that some people were like 'Mick is not a real vampire' simply because he didn't act like josef, it's like have you not seen the many different types of humans there are, surely you can't think there would only be on type of vampire!

I'm really glad you liked it, thanks again for the comment =D :hug: :hearts: :hug: Oh and i also love the small things they put into the show, like at the end of WLB when Beth touches Mick's cheek after he finds out Jacob wasn't his son, i just LOVED the simplicity of it but how it conveyed so much, and her comment about what is a family, i was like OMG LOVE! lol
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Ah, Mick makes it sound sooo simple there, but it took Beth tons of work to get through to him and bring him out of his misery and self loathing and make him appreciate the little gifts that love brings to your everyday life. And ,he does sound appreciative, finally! :yes:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .

Return to “heartagram_lala's Office”