[x]Warning: Character death
[x]Pairing: Mick/Beth
[x]Characters: Beth, Josef, Mentions Mick
[x]Genre: Angst, 321 words
[x]Spoilers: None
[x]Summary: To do with Mick's ring
[x]Disclaimer: Not my toys, im just borrowing them =D

BETH POV

As I sit in Josef’s office with my hands clasped tightly in my lap, I don’t try to hide the tears that fall from my eyes, knowing that Josef would be able to smell the before see them anyway.

Mick once told me that vampires could sense the emotions of humans, if so I felt sorry for the pain I was going to put Josef through when he entered the room. I sat still and didn’t try to hide the fact that my heart was now nothing more then a million broken pieces.

When Josef entered the room I found that it wasn’t only vampires that could sense others emotions, the look on Josef’s face was enough to tell me that he was hurting just as much as me.

Our eyes locked and for a momentary flash I saw Mick’s eyes, but as soon as they were there, they were gone.

I noticed Josef’s hands were grasping something, he was holding onto it tightly, I thought maybe it was Sarah’s locket, but I didn’t see a gold chain.

He walked over to me and sat next to me on the couch, but he remained silent.

I swore I heard him almost sob, but didn’t dare look to make sure.

He opened his hands and that is when I saw it, the object he had been clutching so tightly before now sat resting lifelessly on his right palm.

It was Mick’s ring.

Josef took a deep breath and turned to me, he carefully picked up the ring, the emotional weight of it much more then the physical, as he carefully grabbed my smaller hand in his, and opened it.

I stared on in awe as Josef placed the ring in my hand.

He curled my fingers up around the ring and then spoke in a soft voice that broke my heart all over again.

“He would have wanted you to have it”

--end---

Hope i didn't make anyone too teary, lol =P
Last edited by heartagram_lala on Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
mitzie
Courtesan

Re: Ring - Mick/Beth - ONESHOT - Warning: Character Death

Post by mitzie »

I read this before. It is still as lovely and sad as the first time I read it. :cry: Loved it!!

mitzie
heartagram_lala
Fledgling

Post by heartagram_lala »

mitzie wrote:I read this before. It is still as lovely and sad as the first time I read it. :cry: Loved it!!

mitzie
I'm sorry, *hands tissue* lol.

I'm glad you liked it enough to re-read it, thanks!!!

ps, i will get around to reading the updates to indigo moon, i have SOO many things and fics on my to-do list atm, its seriously insane lol. But i do need to see what happens with Meri and Xav (growls) lol. And of course Josef =D haha
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

Okay, Heart -- when are you going to write the part where Beth wakes up from this NIGHTMARE and turns to Mick and says "You won't believe the bad dream I just had!"?????????? Ugh, too sad!

I'm reading Indigo Moon, too. Such a great story!

And I just want to point out what a good girl I'm being by reading all your posts in your PG-13 library before I fall into the R/NC-17 pit I usually wallow in! LOL!!
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Post by jenstc2003 »

Lovely story, Lala!! *Hugs Beth* But yes... the stuff of nightmares!
Jen

Mick's Synful One
heartagram_lala
Fledgling

Moonlighter wrote:Okay, Heart -- when are you going to write the part where Beth wakes up from this NIGHTMARE and turns to Mick and says "You won't believe the bad dream I just had!"?????????? Ugh, too sad!

And I just want to point out what a good girl I'm being by reading all your posts in your PG-13 library before I fall into the R/NC-17 pit I usually wallow in! LOL!!
Lol sorry, here you go though ... And with that Beth woke up from her horrible nightmare to find Mick alive, well undead, and happy and they get married and he turns her and they live happily ever after *cough hack* LOL.

Regarding Indigo Moon, it is really good, but Xavier needs to go die, LOL.

LOL nice, so you're just warming up for the good stuff then =P haha, gotta love smut!!!
heartagram_lala
Fledgling

jenstc2003 wrote:Lovely story, Lala!! *Hugs Beth* But yes... the stuff of nightmares!
Thanks, and yeah the muse kinda slapped me over the head with this one, came right outta left field lol.
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

heartagram_lala wrote:
Moonlighter wrote:Okay, Heart -- when are you going to write the part where Beth wakes up from this NIGHTMARE and turns to Mick and says "You won't believe the bad dream I just had!"?????????? Ugh, too sad!

Lol sorry, here you go though ... And with that Beth woke up from her horrible nightmare to find Mick alive, well undead, and happy and they get married and he turns her and they live happily ever after *cough hack* LOL.

LOL nice, so you're just warming up for the good stuff then =P haha, gotta love smut!!!
OMG--that's right -- you're on the enemy team! Sorry, Heart, but Josef's going down in this one. How can you not love Xavier???? And Josef is being totally juvenile, childish and stupid -- and I like Josef! You better re-think your position, lady, or you will be sorely disappointed! GO TEAM XAV!!!
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
heartagram_lala
Fledgling

Moonlighter wrote:
heartagram_lala wrote:

OMG--that's right -- you're on the enemy team! Sorry, Heart, but Josef's going down in this one. How can you not love Xavier???? And Josef is being totally juvenile, childish and stupid -- and I like Josef! You better re-think your position, lady, or you will be sorely disappointed! GO TEAM XAV!!!
Xavier is a bastard, LOL. I have only skimmed over the newer parts of the story, ill only read it again fully if things turn around lol, i really hate Xavier and i Love Josef =P lol
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Ring - Mick/Beth - ONESHOT - Warning: Character Death - PG

Post by francis »

Oh, this is sad. But Josef and Beth are together to mourn Mick and keep the memories. So good that she has his ring.
heartagram_lala
Fledgling

francis wrote:Oh, this is sad. But Josef and Beth are together to mourn Mick and keep the memories. So good that she has his ring.
Thanks, and yeah i don't think either of them could survive the grief if they had to go through it alone.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Findahappyplacefindahappyplacefindahappyplace...

This was intense, powerful and thank you for posting. It is a scene in a story I would love to read where after this scene, they discover that Mick is really alive and it was all a horrible trick.

findahappyplace....

:flowers: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
heartagram_lala
Fledgling

jen wrote:Findahappyplacefindahappyplacefindahappyplace...

This was intense, powerful and thank you for posting. It is a scene in a story I would love to read where after this scene, they discover that Mick is really alive and it was all a horrible trick.

findahappyplace....

:flowers: :flowers:
joinsyouinahappyplace =D

thanks, i'll admit i had a very hard time not going with the cliche "but then beth woke up and realised it was all just a dream" lol, coz i was like 'omg... i'm actually killing Mick' lol.
maggatha3
Ancient

Re: Ring - Mick/Beth - ONESHOT - Warning: Character Death -

Post by maggatha3 »

Is there a second part here? Is it a dream? Mick and Beth's nightmares are killing me, is it a dream? Please let it be a dream!! :pray:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .

Return to “heartagram_lala's Office”