BBM Convention news, pics & highlights

This is the place for cross-promotion with other Moonlight forums.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: BBM Convention news, pics & highlights - attendees post here

Post by Lilly »

blue -- I'm so thrilled you had a great time. And of all the things I've read here, I think this means the most to me, though...
bluedahlia3 wrote: We chatted for a couple of minutes about fan fic and then he signed it. The inscription reads "To Blue... Thanks for keeping us alive! Jason Dohring" I wanted to cry. :sadface:
It seems that the ML fanfic writers have changed his mind. He was rather hesitant about fanfic at the ML Gala in October, having had a bad exposure to it in the past. This is truly wonderful to hear.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Lilly wrote:blue -- I'm so thrilled you had a great time. And of all the things I've read here, I think this means the most to me, though...
bluedahlia3 wrote: We chatted for a couple of minutes about fan fic and then he signed it. The inscription reads "To Blue... Thanks for keeping us alive! Jason Dohring" I wanted to cry. :sadface:
It seems that the ML fanfic writers have changed his mind. He was rather hesitant about fanfic at the ML Gala in October, having had a bad exposure to it in the past. This is truly wonderful to hear.
Yep fanfic came out on top this weekend. Jordan spoke very highly of it too. :woohoo:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

I was wondering. Were the initials AOL whispered at all at the convention?
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

helloeeze wrote:I was wondering. Were the initials AOL whispered at all at the convention?
It was mentioned that he was sorry he couldn't make it and that he'd tried really hard to get there but in all honesty Jason & Jordan stole the show. Everyone was so interested in these two that I didn't think too much about the lack of Alex (and I didn't think that would be the case before I went).
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

Yep, coco is right. The two of them just ran away with our hearts! AOL hardy came up. :tomato: We missed him but everybody understood his absence. Plus with AOL at the con it would have been a much different event. This was perfect... 'course I love Jason anyway and Jordan was delightful. I don't think I ever fully realized how funny he is and how charming, how handsome. I think I had an OMG moment. :thud: :thud: :thud: He told this really funny story about a trip to Paris he took. That man could charm the socks off an Eskimo in a blizzard. You meet him once and it gives the ML story a whole new intensity. It just reinforces the incredible ML cast that was put together to bring us the story.

I'm so tired but I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed meeting all the ML sisters from across the pond. Gosh these are some funny ladies, and very hospitable. Also a couple of ML sisters from the US and Canada that I hadn't had a chance to meet. This was just an incredible trip. :rose: I haven't laughed so hard, or enjoyed so many people in a long time.

:yawn: :yawn: :night:

More stories tomorrow, I promise. And I'll download my camera and see what I have.
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

blue,

did you get the impression from either Jason or Jordan that ML was a special experience for them? Did they enjoy their time with the others?
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
JosefsRose
Freelance freshie

Post by JosefsRose »

darkstarrising wrote:blue,

did you get the impression from either Jason or Jordan that ML was a special experience for them? Did they enjoy their time with the others?
I don't know about Blue. I think Jason certainly felt ML was special, Jordan too, to a certain extent. They felt the buzz around it, and knew that it routinely won it's time slot. A piece of ML gossip for you. Francis Capra, auditioned for the part of Guillermo. Joel Silver asked him to audition for the part. He was beaten by Jacob Vargas.

I had the chance to have "Tea" with them. I felt they liked the smaller con, as it was more personal. Jordan, commented that he thought he had spent time with each of us personally.

I have to say I was never a Josh fan, but this weekend has swayed me towards being a Jordan fan. He is staggeringly handsome, and his eyes are intense, they always have a smile in them.

Jason, is Jason, handsome, friendly and gracious, what more can I say. :thud: :thud: :happysigh: :hearts:
What Josef want's. Josef gets!

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Thanks so much to everyone for taking the time to post your pics and stories - they are all so fabulous to read.

Red :rose:

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

bluedahlia3 wrote:Yep, coco is right. The two of them just ran away with our hearts! AOL hardy came up. :tomato: We missed him but everybody understood his absence. Plus with AOL at the con it would have been a much different event. This was perfect... 'course I love Jason anyway and Jordan was delightful. I don't think I ever fully realized how funny he is and how charming, how handsome. I think I had an OMG moment. :thud: :thud: :thud: He told this really funny story about a trip to Paris he took. That man could charm the socks off an Eskimo in a blizzard. You meet him once and it gives the ML story a whole new intensity. It just reinforces the incredible ML cast that was put together to bring us the story.

I'm so tired but I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed meeting all the ML sisters from across the pond. Gosh these are some funny ladies, and very hospitable. Also a couple of ML sisters from the US and Canada that I hadn't had a chance to meet. This was just an incredible trip. :rose: I haven't laughed so hard, or enjoyed so many people in a long time.

:yawn: :yawn: :night:

More stories tomorrow, I promise. And I'll download my camera and see what I have.

I wish I could have been there with you, Val. We would have torn London up!!! :hearts:
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
ash
Logan's WoW nemesis
Location: Trying juggle, homework, uni, a social life, rp and writing things that get stuck in my head. Tough

Post by ash »

Going on what Jenny said. They really did. mean even myself who didn't go to the meet and greet, get pics or autographs go to speak with them, several times actuallly...it was awesomely weird. And to the AOL question, yup he was hardly mentioned. We were way too involved in the two we had though...big mouth american i am. I did tell Jordan that when he walked it again, it was Alex Who? LOL
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

darkstarrising wrote:blue,

Jason said that he enjoyed all the Star Fury con's but this one was the best. This was a first for Jordan and he seemed like he was having a good time. He was grinning the whole weekend. Each night there was a dance and Jordan came the last night, just to socialize. Jason said he couldn't because he had an early flight. This is the first SF con I've attended.

I was wondering if Jordan would get eclipsed by Jason, but that didn't happen. We had an hour long Q & A session with Jordan and we kept him busy with plenty of good, well thought out questions. He really added a lot to the Josh / Beth relationship. For instance, he said they didn't tell him that Josh was going to die. So as he was reading the script he kept wondering if he would be turned or if this would be his last epi. I thought that was sad but he put a positive spin on it and said it allowed him to bring it to us fresh without any baggage. What a professional. :yahoo:

There were several Q & A sessions and I got up several times. When I went to get a second photo with Jason he bent down towards my ear and said 'you asked some really good questions, thank you.' *blue squees*

I think what helped is that there was enough time for the guys to ask us questions, for us to ask them questions, one to one, so the whole experience was very personal. It wasn't quite like having them in your living room but it was close. :thud:

My daughter has seen some of the pictures and she says I looked giddy...she has no idea.

What I should do is get the VM DVD set and watch it.
:mooncat:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
ash
Logan's WoW nemesis
Location: Trying juggle, homework, uni, a social life, rp and writing things that get stuck in my head. Tough

Post by ash »

Ok dorky random observation...all bbm girl read a fic...whole new perspective lol especially with sad j...I still love that we choked up the big guy lol
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

ash wrote:Ok dorky random observation...all bbm girl read a fic...whole new perspective lol especially with sad j...I still love that we choked up the big guy lol
Ash, I'm intrigued, but I don't really understand your post! Everyone who went read a fic? The same fic? Which fic? Which big guy got choked up? *is confused*

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
ari
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by ari »

redwinter101 wrote:
ash wrote:Ok dorky random observation...all bbm girl read a fic...whole new perspective lol especially with sad j...I still love that we choked up the big guy lol
Ash, I'm intrigued, but I don't really understand your post! Everyone who went read a fic? The same fic? Which fic? Which big guy got choked up? *is confused*

Red
Jason got all choked up and teary eyed during the closing ceremony when he held a little speech thanking us for the weekend.
Avi and banner by me

My fanfic index

If you want a PM when I update my fanfic or post a new one, send me a PM and I'll add you to the list
ash
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by ash »

Sorry red, tired and still buzzing. I was saying all the BBM girls need to read a fic now. With the memory of how jason got choked up, sad Josef just has a whole new perpective.

Jason seriously was moved. I really don't think they get HOW MUCH they have affected us. Chicago began it and London cemented it.

Return to “Wider Moonlight Community”