BBM Convention news, pics & highlights

This is the place for cross-promotion with other Moonlight forums.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: BBM Convention news, pics & highlights - attendees post here

Post by redwinter101 »

ash wrote:Sorry red, tired and still buzzing. I was saying all the BBM girls need to read a fic now. With the memory of how jason got choked up, sad Josef just has a whole new perpective.

Jason seriously was moved. I really don't think they get HOW MUCH they have affected us. Chicago began it and London cemented it.
Now it becomes clear - thanks, Ash. And that's such a sweet story. It's a relief as much as anything - that Jason and Jordan haven't been scared off by some of the loonier fringes of the fandom but have taken the time to meet some real fans and have loved doing so.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
SharonC
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: Breakout Before Moonlight Convention

Post by SharonC »

Day 1 - Travel Thursday 11th June

Picked up Claire(coco) early and we headed to the airport with a huge thank you to my parents. Flight was delayed by about 2 hours so we had a long wait. We chatted Vids, Fic Moonlight, Mick, Moonlight. We eventually reach Stanstead and met up with Ashley (ash) and Anna(Ari), had a quick greeting and then off to get the coach to Heathrow before a taxi to Ashleys house, we headed out for dinner and more Moonlight talk until almost 3am in the morning before all heading to bed.

Day 2 - BBM Launch Friday 12th June

We got up and ready, heading out to the hotel for 2.30pm. We met Nancy, Ros, Rusty(RedNightBird), Susie(lincfan), Gemma(Ickleangel), Peggy(Pegasus), Dawn(Sparklybird), Beth(Moonchild69), Terri(Swims4), Janet(Cassopeia), Nutmegger and Blue Dahlia and many other girls, who were fantastic over the weekend, now I might have forgotten names as we go but I remember faces believe me.

We sorted ourselves out and headed over to the Convention Suite and registered, getting our passes for the weekend (a lovely pass with Josef on the front). We then sorted ourselves out with Nancy and the girls about the Hospitality Suite, Nancy had arranged for a number of us via MLSS, a room we could go to amnd be together during restbites on Saturday and Sunday. We then booked up for our Picture Sessions. I chose Saturday at 10.30am. I then bought a picture of Josef to be signed and one of Josh too.

A group of us then headed of to a local pub for some food and were back at the hotel for 7pm for the Opening Ceremony to begin. This was delayed until 8.30 - 9pm as Jordan's plane was late landing(we weren't given this information until we heard later and a were slightly peeved to say the least at the time).

Eventually is began and we were introduced to

Neil Roberts(Charmed)

Jonathan Woodward(Buffy)

Keith Szarabajka(Angel)

Jordan Belfi

Francis Capra(Veronica Mars)

Jason Dohring

The boys all said a short piece, well Neil introduced them all after he came on and some were short speeches and others not so much LOL, but very entertaining.

These are some of my pics from the Opening Ceremony...

Rusty(RedNightBird), Nancy and Susie(linsfan)

Anna(ari), Rusty(RedNightBird) and Nancy

Claire(coco) and Gemma(Ickleangel_2)

Dawn(Sparklybird) and Josef's Rose

Peggy(Pegasus) and Ros

Ros, Anna(ari), Ashley(ash), Peggy(Pegasus) and Dawn(Sparklybird)

Once the Opening Ceremony was over, the lucky ones of us were taken to the meet and greet and we had so much fun at our table, laughing, with each other, and I thought at one point dying when Jordan and Jason came to speak to us.

Jordan came over first, but not right away. We had quite a few long waits between the visits of the boys. He spoke about his role in CSI Miami and spoke to Rusty(RedNightBird) about Chicago and generally chatted and was absolute sweetheart. There was only Janet(Cassopeia) between me and all the boys as they sat down. He is a stunning man inside and out. We then chatted amongst ourselves before Francis Capra came over and we all talked tattoos, shootings, gangs and about his Mum. He was absolutely adorable and so wonderful. Again a wait and then Jonathan Woodward came over and he was crazy just chattering on. He wanted to find out from Ros how to say 'I'm constipated' in Welsh he was picking it up in many languages.

We spent out time playing madlibs and several other games, inclugin 'Whose Line Is It Anyway' what can YOU do with two empty bottles? We had so much fun. Neil Roberts then came across and we talked Pantomime and he was eyeing up breasts galore at our table LOL. We think he was shocked at our antics. Which considering his antics over the weekend(from what I hear) says something.

We then had a long wait and Mr Dohring appeared and OMG Anna(ari) and Susie(lincsfan) lost the use of their voices, hehe.

He was absolutely fantastic. He chatted to Rusty(RedNightBird) about Chicago and to Janet(Cassopeia) about travelling she had done in the UK up to Edinburgh and he mentioned the Edinburgh Vaults from a show called, I believe, 'Ghost Adventures' on the Travel Channel. Susie(lincsfan), Claire(coco) and I looked at each other and smiled as we had done that tour last October and I took the opportunity to speak to him and so did Claire(coco) as we explained with the help of the other girls what we had saw and how we had felt. He was very interested and he had the most amazing brown eyes(sorry had to be said and OMG the man has a lovely chest). He told us he had been sightseeing in London that day and was heading to Italy after the Con. He had to leave us as it was almost 1am and he hadn't eaten and was very tired. He then headed out with the warmest smile on his face.

We then stayed and Keith came over and we sang songs from 'The Sound Of Music' and he sang something with Rusty(RedNightBird) and Nancy, I don't quite remember. We then chatted sports and as it was getting late he had to go and we were all feeling like we had to get out too as the room was extremely hot. No air con. God...

It was now definitely 1am and the disco that night had been due to start at 9pm but we were so tired we decided to head back to Ashley's(ash) so Claire(coco), Ashley(ash), Anna(ari) and I got a cab and off we went, heading straight to bed. Went to sleep at 2am.

Day 3 on its way and OMG, wait til I tell you
Last edited by SharonC on Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SharonC
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SharonC »

Day 3 - BBM Continues Saturday 13th June

We got up at 7am and were at the hotel by 9am and went to the Hospitality Room and fixed ourselves before we headed over to get our pictures took. We had a little musical interlude from Jonathon Woodward, ' Build Me Up Buttercup' which we joined in on, scary hehe.

We were then called for our photo session and I stood with Janet(Cassopeia), Claire(coco), Rusty(RedNightBird), Ros, Anna(ari), Dawn(Sparklybird), Peggy(Pegasus) and many other girls, of course.

This is my OMG moment. We were standing talking and Jordan walked by and a few minutes later there was Jason. Everyone said good morning and last minute charlie here, me, jumped in and said it as he was passing me. He smiled at me and then I turned to look at Anna and I felt this hand rubbing my back and it was Jason. Janet(Cassopeia) and Dawn(Sparklybird) were like OMG OMG OMG and so was I. It was a circular motion on my back and I'd say it last five to ten seconds. I was like HOLY GOD...

I got myself together and was like don't touch the shirt LOL...

We then were put in the cattle line for our pics and I stood with Jason first, we said morning again and he smiled at me and yes I melted just a little.

Then went back round for Jordan's, god he has an incredible smile.

Once everyone was together we headed over to the Hospitality Suite and had lunch and relaxed with all my friends and took some great pics

Rusty(RedNightBird)

We then had question and answer sessions with the boys in the afternoon, firstly with Francis Capra, who again was so down to earth and relaxed, chatting away, it was tremendous. We then had Jason and Jordan. Before the Q&A's, Jason gave us a treat. He had brought over the pilot cut of 'Body Politic' and he, Lauren, Jordan and Francis all sat and watched it with us. He hadn't seen it yet himself so he watched it for the first time with us.

Ros, Rusty(RedNightBird), Nancy, Ashley(ash) and Anna(ari), all asked questions and Ros did mention fangs, but that is her story, but I was wetting myself LOL

Both of them were happy chatting away and yes there was alot of fun to be had.

Time seemed to fly and between sucking lollipops and eating bananas we were having a ball in our own world too. All the girls supported each other as they stepped up to the mic. Me being shy just couldn't. After the Q&A it was off to the autograph session for the tickets including mine.

I only wanted Jordan and Jason so was placed in the relevant line and there were several all over the room. The largest was for Francis but I think that was for people wanting Francis, Jordan and Jason. I waited patiently and eventually reached Jordan and asked him to sign his picture I had bought...

To Sharon, Wishing you all the best! Much Love Jordan Belfi

I thanked him for coming and wished him well on furture projects before I moved on to Jason, god he was lovely as he looked at what I wanted signed I asked him a question... I told him I made fan vids and had made three for Josef and I asked him which song would he chose for me to make a new one. He looked down and chuckled sucking in his bottom lip as he thought and then looked up and said 'Forever Young'. I told him great choice and he smiled and I told him the ones I had used so far, 'Bad To The Bone', 'Born To Be Wild' and 'Devil In Disguise'. He smiled and said he loved them all. He then signed my picture, I had bought...

To Sharon, Good song choices! Very fitting, love Jason Dohring

I also was allowed to get a Personal Item I had brought signed so chose my DVD cover.

Jordan signed over his main episode...
To Sharon, thanks for everything, all my love Jordan Belfi

Jason, I asked to sign on Josef's cover
To Sharon, Hot Stuff!, Jason Dohring
(he put an Arrow flowing from Hot Stuff to Mick's beach picture) - (Anna(ari) pointed it out to me later I missed it hehe - doh. Do you think I was radiating Mick girl, hehe)

As I left Jason's table I thanked him and had a quick word with his wife Lauren, absolutely lovely lady.

I waited outside for everyone and then we headed up to the restaurant for dinner in the hotel which was a downer on the day. Less said the better.

Rusty(RedNightBird) was taken by the Exit Man all weekend

It was then time for the vampire ball. We got changed in Susie's(lincsfan) room and headed downstairs to the function suite.

Anna(ari) was Ashley's(ari) Freshie

Rusty(RedNightBird)

Rusty(RedNightBird) and Josef's Rose

Rusty(RedNightBird) and Ashley(ash)

Susie(lincsfan) and Ros

Susie(lincsfan)

Claire(coco), Susie(lincsfan), Dawn(Sparklybird) and Ros

Janet(Cassopeia), Nancy, Rusty(RedNightBird) and Ashley(ash)

Nancy and Rusty(RedNightBird)

Ros and Gemma(Ickleangel_2)

Ros and Rusty(RedNightBird)

After the long day we last until 1am and then had to head back to Ashley's(ash) and get some shut eye, we were in bed by 2.30am and up and back at the hotel at 10.30am the next day...
Last edited by SharonC on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SharonC
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SharonC »

Day 4 - BBM wraps up

We arrived at about 11am and spent most of the morning in the hospitality suite until about 2.30pm and we went over for Jordan's talk followed by Jason and Francis.

Rusty(RedNightBird) and Janet(Cassopeia), banana's were delicious

Once again our girls were asking question Anna(ari) was, I think actually, the first question for Jason and Francis.

We then sat and chatted whilst the other girls got their autographs and the other photo session had taken place in the morning, which is why we had stayed in the suite earlier. We generally caught up and relaxed whilst we had some time and then headed in for the cloing ceremony which again was delayed but this time due to the signing taking longer, but all these sessions had been running over all weekend do it was no surprise.

We relaxed at a table

Nancy and Ashley(ash)

Claire(coco), Susie(lincsfan), Beth(Moonchild69), Ros, Rusty(RedNightBird) and Anna(ari)

Beth(Moonchild69), Terri(Swims4), Ros, Nancy, Rusty(RedNightBird)

Beth(Moonchild69), Susie(lincsfan), Ros and Rusty(RedNightBird)

Beth(Moonchild69), Me and Terri(Swims4)

Anna(ari), Nancy, Peggy(Pegasus) and Dawn(Sparklybird)

Anna(ari), Nancy and Peggy(Pegasus)

Terri(Swims4), Beth(Moonchild69), Ros, Nancy and Rusty(RedNightBird)

Susie(lincsfan), Beth(Moonchild69), Terri(Swims4), Ros, Nancy and Rusty(RedNightBird)

Rusty(RedNightBird) and Anna(ari)

Ros, Rusty(RedNightBird) and Anna(ari)

Nancy, Peggy(Pegasus) and Dawn(Sparklybird)

Me, Claire(coco) and Susie(lincsfan)(Scottish girls)

End of Day 4 and Day 5

Ros, Susie(lincsfan) and Dawn(Sparklybird)

Unfortunately most of us were pretty exhausted after the ceremony and so we talked for a while and then headed back to Ashley's(ash) where at least I headed to bed and got a few hours before I spent almost a full day in the airport up at 7am and not home until 7pm

I know I have not mentioned everyone I met but there were so many and I remember them all.

It was a wonderful event and although I am a Mick girl at heart. I am now a huge fan of Jason and Jordan and it was fantastic to meet my friends, what a tremendous bunch of girls. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
Last edited by SharonC on Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Sharon, you are fifteen different shades of awesome. That is such a marvellous report - and fantastic pics. Thank you SO much.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
SharonC
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SharonC »

redwinter101 wrote:Sharon, you are fifteen different shades of awesome. That is such a marvellous report - and fantastic pics. Thank you SO much.

Red
No Probs and thank you Red, as I say I had a fantastic time and I think that comes through in my report. Gas Bag Sharon LOL, too excited, came back with a cold but feeling good overall
lunalux
Fledgling

Post by lunalux »

These are fabulous pix!!! Thank you so much for posting, and like I told coco, I knew I would regret not going!! Bwah! I knew that you all would have a fab time, and knowing how generous and patient Jason and Jordan were with their time and attention in Chicago -- it was going to be great experience for everyone!
SharonC
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SharonC »

lunalux wrote:These are fabulous pix!!! Thank you so much for posting, and like I told coco, I knew I would regret not going!! Bwah! I knew that you all would have a fab time, and knowing how generous and patient Jason and Jordan were with their time and attention in Chicago -- it was going to be great experience for everyone!
You were missed honey, I was looking forward to meeting you too
SharonC
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SharonC »

I was asked to give screen names so no one gets confused so I am doing this here and then will go through my post

Me - SharonC(lets start easy LOL)
Claire - coco
Susie - lincsfan
Ashley - ash
Ros - Ros
Anna - ari
Dawn - Sparklybird
Peggy - Pegasus
Nancy - Nancy
Rusty - RedNightBird
Beth - Moonchild69
Terri - Swims4
Gemma - Ickleangel_2
Janet - Cassopeia
Josef's Rose
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

I knew I could rely on Sharon to post the news. My camera so let me down and I can't scan my autograph pics or anything. So glad Sharon could highlight our experiences of the weekend (even if I wish one of the pics of me wasn't posted :snicker: ).

My highlight was my Jason story that I posted yesterday but I'm so pleased Sharon has the memory that I don't to post the rest. :thumbs:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Wonderful account of your adventure, Sharon! :hug:

But, hon, this sounds like a challenge:
SharonC wrote:I told him I made fan vids and had made three for Josef and I asked him which song would he chose for me to make a new one. He looked down and chuckled sucking in his bottom lip as he thought and then looked up and said 'Forever Young'.
Are you up for it?? ;) :snicker:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
SharonC
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SharonC »

coco wrote:I knew I could rely on Sharon to post the news. My camera so let me down and I can't scan my autograph pics or anything. So glad Sharon could highlight our experiences of the weekend (even if I wish one of the pics of me wasn't posted :snicker: ).

My highlight was my Jason story that I posted yesterday but I'm so pleased Sharon has the memory that I don't to post the rest. :thumbs:
LOL, you mean Hi Claire :yahoo:

You look lovely my darling, we had such a fantastic time
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Lilly wrote:Wonderful account of your adventure, Sharon! :hug:

SharonC wrote:I told him I made fan vids and had made three for Josef and I asked him which song would he chose for me to make a new one. He looked down and chuckled sucking in his bottom lip as he thought and then looked up and said 'Forever Young'.
Believe me Lilly she already has the plan in the works. :yahoo:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I'm not surprised at all. :snicker:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
SharonC
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SharonC »

Lilly wrote:Wonderful account of your adventure, Sharon! :hug:

Thank you Lilly. I've found out there are two versions Rod Stewart and Bob Dylan, I am going to give it a shot and see if I can get the links to Jason somehow, not sure how it will work yet but I will let my head clear from the cold and try it.

This could be an adventure itself hehe

Thank you Claire, I am trying, but since you saw me last night my little sniffle has developed into an all out heavy duty cold, possible even flu like symptoms LOL, Sweden and now London. I think I am supposed to stay at home

Love the confidence girls, I have the dedication at least does that work?

Return to “Wider Moonlight Community”