Moonlight anniversary get-together, anyone?

This is the place for cross-promotion with other Moonlight forums.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Moonlight anniversary get-together, anyone?

Post by allegrita »

Wow, what an awesomely fun day! :yahoo: :ghug: Thank you so much, myimmortal, for all you did to make it so enjoyable and memorable. :hug: It was really amazing, spending the day in Mick's building. :hearts: If I squinted really hard and reorganized the floor space a bit in my mind, I could almost picture Mick's loft fitting into the space of the loft you're staying in. The kitchen, most of all, just felt right to me. If only the rental loft had those gorgeous screens, huh? :happysigh:

It was great to get together with fellow fans, and what a treat to get a visit from Trevor! :clapping: OMG, he had us on the edge of our seats, reading his novel. It's going to be soooo good! :yahoo:

All in all, it was just a terrific day, and I'm very grateful to you for letting me participate. :celebrate:
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

I too recognize a few of the people but was hoping someone could include the names or the screen names. Thanks.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Some of the folks who attended aren't comfortable with having their names online, so I'm leaving this up to Sharon since she may know people's specific preferences.
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

How about just screen names??
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Yes screen names are fine. I probably don't know some of the people's real names anyway. Is this part of the board limited to members?
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

This part of the forum is visible to nonmembers. Most of the people who attended the get-together aren't members here. Several are members of the SoCal Freshies group. Sharon is traveling today, but I think she plans to ask attendees if they mind having their names (or boardnames) shared. Since it was Sharon's event, I'm leaving this in her hands.
myimmortal
Fledgling

Post by myimmortal »

The SoCal Freshies who attended aren't on the forums (so they don't have screen names) and some don't want to be identified by their real names. So below, I've identified the people who can be identified, and the rest will have to remain a mystery. :shrug:
myimmortal wrote: Image
Photo: Myimmortal
Back row (l-r): Freshie, Freshie, Allegrita, Trevor, Freshie, Freshie, Diane31
Front row (l-r): Myimmortal, Nana, Freshie
myimmortal wrote: Image
Photo: Diane31
(l-r): Bonnie, Nana, Diane31, Trevor, Myimmortal, Freshie, Allegrita
_____
banner by me | avatar by cowpatface on deviant art
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

Thank you Myimmortal :hug: It's nice to have some names then NO names. :thumbs:
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Thank you Myimmortal.
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

I think I've met everyone of those people in LA and Hawaii, except for Nana and Trevor. Glad you had a great time.
dmcs66
Mortal

Post by dmcs66 »

So very Happy For you that you had such an amazing time together!!
Thank you for sharing it with those of us who could not attend.
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: That is sooooooooooo great!! My Moonlightaholic ohana and my Hawaii ohana got together!!!!!!

And where was I??? :hankie: :hankie: :hankie:

I am so happy you had such a lovely time together and so sad to be so very far away...

:flowers:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
myimmortal
Fledgling

Post by myimmortal »

kath40 wrote: myimmortal is it possible for you to give us a feel to what was in the early draft script of "The Mortal Cure" in place of the Beth and Celeste scene we saw in the show? :happysigh:
Did Trevor say why it was changed or did you get a chance to ask?
We didn't ask Trevor about it, but when you know what the change is, it's obvious why it was changed. :winky: Also, I think Trevor said and and Ron were let go around the time of "The Mortal Cure" so he might not have had any input into the changes. (A shame because I think that while similar to what they ended up doing, this would have been a more interesting way to go.)

Instead of starting with the LLF flashback montage and "Guardian Angel" song, the script starts with a brief scene with Beth testifying before a judge that she agrees with the medical examiner's report that Josh's death couldn't be avoided. The script continues more or less the same as the aired episode (with minor dialogue differences) up until the midpoint when Beth comes to the FoS and talks to Mick about Josh's engagement ring until Coraline arrives and wrecks the moment.

In the script, Beth never goes to the FoS -- resulting in Mick and Beth sharing scenes only at the beginning and end of the ep, which is probably why they added another Mick/Beth scene in the middle of the ep. Instead, Mick returns home and finds Coraline already in the FoS. (Geez, the FoS is practically Grand Central Station with Mick's lack of security. :giggle: ) Their discussion about the cure is the same with one notable difference -- when Coraline gives Mick the cure, she doesn't cut his arm with a knife, she bites his forearm to draw blood.

Beth's storyline changes in the restaurant scene. She meets someone named Sandra Mullins (instead of Celeste) who asks if Beth is Josh's fiancee, which is how Beth clues in that Josh was planning to propose. Instead of a discussion about the engagement ring, Sandra only tells Beth that Josh hired her as a consultant, and what she is consulting on is confidential. Beth assumes Josh was working on a confidential case, but in a later scene, she looks up Sandra's office address on the internet.

Again, the script continues more or less the same as the aired ep until the end when the following scene occurs between Lance kicking Mick's ass in the alley and wounded Mick returning home:
INT. SANDRA'S OFFICE - NIGHT

Beth arrives to an office door. A name card reads SANDRA MULLINS. Beth picks the lock, breaks into the office.

INSIDE

There is not much. Pretty standard office. There's a desk with a phone. A fridge. A single calendar on the wall. It's a pretty typical office for a professional with their own business.

BETH (V.O)
It's a normal office.

She continues looking around.

BETH (V.O)
It's almost too normal. It looks like a set. There's nothing that gives any indication of what kind of work this woman does.

This causes Beth to investigate the office more carefully. She looks at the desk. Again, it's normal, too normal. A stapler. Three hole puncher. Computer. Printer. Coffee mug with three pens. She opens drawers. They're full of unused, unopened office products. Note cards, printer paper, ruler, etc. She searches the office for any possible clue but comes up with nothing.

Beth is about to give up when she sees something fishy, a bulletin board that stretches all the way to the ground. Something about it looks strange. She fiddles with the bulletin board for a few moments before she figures out it has been placed to conceal a sliding door. She slides open the door and enters a hidden

ROOM

Beth walks into the dark room. She can't see anything. She turns on a light bulb from a pull string in the center of the room. This other room is a secret office... her real office.

A REVOLVING SHOT as she slowly turns in a circle, her mouth dropping in awe at the room's contents.

There are book shelves with row upon row of books on vampire lore. There are bulletin boards with articles pinned to them. All of the articles have subjects that pertain to vampires. There is a large world map on one of the walls that has different colored pins in different cities. There are files everywhere. Stacks of video tapes. Photographs of victims. The whole room is dedicated to what looks like a human's search to prove and explore the existence of vampires.

BETH
Oh my God...

Beth realizes that Josh must have found out or suspected Mick was a vampire and he was looking into the matter. Beth is freaking out. She pulls out her cell phone, scrolls to Mick's name. She's about to press send, but opts not to.
_____
banner by me | avatar by cowpatface on deviant art
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Wow! That's really different!!
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I love this concept way better than the silly Legion storyline. It makes a lot more sense to me that a single individual would be working on the existence of vampires. :chin: And think of the intrigue, if Mick had had to convince Josh that he had Beth's best interests at heart. :hearts:

Return to “Wider Moonlight Community”