Moonlight anniversary get-together, anyone?

This is the place for cross-promotion with other Moonlight forums.
kath40
Cleaner

Re: Moonlight anniversary get-together, anyone?

Post by kath40 »

Oh God! I'm lovin' your (work in progress) Mick Doll. :hearts:
So do you have little sunnys for Mick Doll to ware in the daylight? We don't want him feeling ill for the reunion. :snicker:

Oh how I wish I could be there y'all are gonna have a great time ((HUGS)) :heart:
myimmortal
Fledgling

Post by myimmortal »

Goodie bags packed! :cheering:

_____
banner by me | avatar by cowpatface on deviant art
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

myimmortal wrote:Goodie bags packed! :cheering:

Hope you all have a terrific time! :cheer:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
myimmortal
Fledgling

Post by myimmortal »

kath40 wrote:Oh God! I'm lovin' your (work in progress) Mick Doll. :hearts:
So do you have little sunnys for Mick Doll to ware in the daylight? We don't want him feeling ill for the reunion. :snicker:
Alas, his wee shades were still in transit when I left home, so Mick doll will be staying indoors on this trip. :winky: When I visit LA next year, Mick doll will have his head, and then I'll take him around to ML filming locations. :teeth:

For an example of what I have in mind, this is what happened when I took my Duncan MacLeod doll on a Highlander locations tour of Scotland with the Highlander fan club. (Nancye was the tour photographer whose camera got in everyone's faces during the tour...) :snicker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OLao3ItRTE
_____
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by choccyterri »

:ghug: Oh my goodness, this is looking as if it's going to be such a wonderful stay and trip for whoever's able to go. Have a wonderful time lovelies! I am completely envious of your stay! And one day I know I'll get back to LA. :hearts: Sending hugs to everyone! :ghug:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

myimmortal wrote:
kath40 wrote:Oh God! I'm lovin' your (work in progress) Mick Doll. :hearts:
Alas, his wee shades were still in transit when I left home, so Mick doll will be staying indoors on this trip. :winky: When I visit LA next year, Mick doll will have his head, and then I'll take him around to ML filming locations. :teeth:

For an example of what I have in mind, this is what happened when I took my Duncan MacLeod doll on a Highlander locations tour of Scotland with the Highlander fan club. (Nancye was the tour photographer whose camera got in everyone's faces during the tour...) :snicker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OLao3ItRTE
:snicker: What a fun sense of humor you have Sharon. That was funny with Macleod riding Nessie and the love hate relationship with the camera :rolling: Looks like you and the Highlander fans had a good time.

I'm looking forward to the fun you and the Moonlight gang will have today roaming the streets of LA. :ghug:
Remember Mick Doll will be watching from the window of the FoS :laugh: :hearts:
myimmortal
Fledgling

Post by myimmortal »

Some highlights from the get-together yesterday. More at https://www.facebook.com/moonlight.reunion (you don't need to be on Facebook to view)

Photo: Myimmortal

Adding some Moonlight decor to the loft. Some goodie bag items pictured are:

1. SFX magazine Vampire special - issue included an episode guide to Moonlight with commentary from Alex, and a favorite vampires list voted on by readers that includes Mick and Josef
2. Blood bag shower gel
3. Vamp fangs ice cube tray - makes fang-shaped ice cubes!
4. "Blood" candy syrup with glow-in-the-dark fangs
5. Moonlight mousepad - one is pictured but each one had a different image
6. Vials of vampire-blood-flavored antibacterial hand gel
Not pictured: Blood bag with cherry flavored candy blood

Other items on display: Angel of Vengeance novel, Moonlight's pilot presentation script "Twilight", Moonlight dailies DVDs, Moonlight DVD box set, Mick St. John business cards, Mick doll, early draft script of "The Mortal Cure"

Photo: Allegrita

Mini-Moonlight location walking tour: Comparing the the scene in "Fleur de Lis" where Mick visits Haggans' office to the real thing at the Edison Company Building.
Last edited by myimmortal on Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
_____
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

Wow! sounds like a great trip. Wish I was there! Love the Mick doll.
myimmortal
Fledgling

Post by myimmortal »

Continued...

Photo: Allegrita

Watching dailies on the 55" flatscreen TV in the loft. On screen, Mick tussles with Martan in Josef's blown up office in "Sleeping Beauty." We watched dailies from "Fleur de Lis" to "Love Lasts Forever" and were just starting "The Mortal Cure" when time ran out. (Maybe next year?!?) Highlights from the dailies:

Fleur de Lis - Alex pausing and apologizing during the restaurant scene with Morgan because his pants was making distracting noises. (!!)

The Ringer - Mick vamping out when Hank Mottola dunks his head under water during their fight (scene was shot during the filming of "Fleur de Lis"). After the first head dunk, Alex is laughing; after the second dunk, he looks a bit nauseous, like water got up his nose; after the third dunk, he is SO ready for this sequence to be over. The first head dunk ended up in the final episode because in the other two, Mick's fleur-de-lis pendant fell into his face, ruining the shots.

Sleeping Beauty - Mick is upset that Beth brought a cameraman to Josef's blown up office. Alex was so into Mick's sorrow and rage over Josef's presumed death that the first several takes had Mick hurling the F-word and Beth and her cameraman, and Alex losing Mick's American accent.

Sleeping Beauty - Mick's fight with Martan in Josef's blown up office. The sequence was shot with Alex fighting Martan's stunt double or Martan fighting Alex's stunt double. The two actors never fought each other directly. That way, if an actor accidentally threw a punch that really connected, "only" a stuntman would get injured.

Love Lasts Forever - Mick's unedited pushup, pull-up, boxing workout sequence is 11 minutes long.

Love Lasts Forever - That scene where Mick overhears Josh and Beth exchanging I-Love-Yous? The full bit is a 5-minute-long super-closeup of Mick's face shot in slow motion.

Love Lasts Forever - Tejada's goon fires some shots at Mick before Mick disarms him with prejudice. Alex waits until the director says "Cut" before saying that he was shot for real (one of the blanks zinged him). Cue crewmembers rushing up to surround him and put towels on his chest.

Love Lasts Forever - Mick busts up Tejada's bar then puts the bite on Tejada. There is so much goodness in each individual shot of that sequence, as well as seeing how all the shots came together, that it's impossible to list them all. You just had to be there. :snicker:

Trevor Munson spent an hour with us, reading the first 4 chapters of Guardian Angel, signing autographs and just hanging out and chatting. Angel of Vengeance had flashbacks to Mick's meeting and courtship (if that's what you can call it...) of Coraline before he became a vampire. Guardian Angel will have flashbacks to Mick's childhood.

The TV screen behind Trevor just happens to be where we paused the dailies when we ran out of time, but it's the perfect backdrop as it contains both Mick and (a wee bit, albeit fake, of) the Title Guarantee Building.
Last edited by myimmortal on Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
_____
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Great recap - sounds like a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing all the pics and details! :clapping:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
myimmortal
Fledgling

Post by myimmortal »

Continued...

Group photo time! Trevor suggested opening up the windows in the loft for the shot, which not only brought in a lovely breeze, but also a fear of leaning back too far and falling out. But maybe Mick would have done the vampire jumping thing and rescued us. :winky: Many thanks to Bonnie (Trevor's girlfriend) for taking the group photo!

Photo: Diane31

Some of us had to leave after the group photo. The rest of us, with Trevor and Bonnie, headed across the street for dinner at Perch, the restaurant with the best view in LA. :winky: (That's the Title Guarantee Building penthouse behind us.) One tidbit Trevor revealed at dinner is that Josef will be in Guardian Angel. He may not be named Josef due to licensing restrictions (Warner Bros. owns the characters in Moonlight) but we will definitely recognize him.
_____
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: for Josef...and we'll recognize him no matter what he's calling himself!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

It seems like you all had a fantastic time. Such exciting news about Guardian Angel
myimmortal
Fledgling

Post by myimmortal »

librarian_7 wrote::cheering: :cheering: :cheering: for Josef...and we'll recognize him no matter what he's calling himself!
Trevor hopes to get away with calling him Josef without mentioning a last name, or with using a different last name, instead of having to totally change his name. :fingerscrossed:
_____
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

:highfive: I thought of everyone at the reunion all day today and yesterday. So wish I could have been there.

Oh how I love all the pics and the rundown of what y'all watched of the Dailies. It's so much fun to watch and to see how hard Alex worked to bring us our Mick. He really was devoted to the character and I will love him forever for brining our Mick to life. :heart:

Love that Trevor is including "Josef" in Guardian Angel. He could still keep Josef as a first name like he did Mick in the book. I think that would be so fantastic. Only their last names have been changed to protect the innocent :snicker: I know when I read Avenging Angel whenever I read "Mick Angel" I think "Mick St John"...works for me :hearts: :snicker:

myimmortal is it possible for you to give us a feel to what was in the early draft script of "The Mortal Cure" in place of the Beth and Celeste scene we saw in the show? :happysigh:
Did Trevor say why it was changed or did you get a chance to ask?

BTW can you identify everyone in the group pic? I recognize a few of the ladies, but not all the names go with the faces...yet. :laugh:

Return to “Wider Moonlight Community”