FULL MOONLIGHT---Ch 13----Dealing And Revealing. (PG-13)

A place for lionsonleashes' G to PG-13 stories.
lionsonleashes
Freelance freshie

FULL MOONLIGHT---Ch 13----Dealing And Revealing. (PG-13)

Post by lionsonleashes »

**Chapter 13---Dealing and Revealing**

DISCLAIMER: I don’t own ‘Moonlight’, or any of its wonderful characters. I’m just taking them out for a run! No copyright infringement is intended.

SUMMARY: A multi-chapter action-adventure featuring Mick, Beth, Josef, Logan, Talbot, Guillermo, Simone, and a few really big werewolves, among others.
Rated PG-13 for mild language and violence.

SPOILERS: Follows on from all 16 episodes of ‘Moonlight’, as aired on CBS. Follows on from Allegrita’s FanFic, ‘Presto Agitato’, Ch 1 & 2. (Mick and Beth ‘seal the deal’ and are now lovers.) Follows on from Desdemona’s FanFic, ‘Silver’, Ch 1 thru 7 only. (Talbot finds out about vampires in general, and Mick in particular, the hard way!) Borrows, with Eris’ kind permission, her original character of ‘Karl’ from her many fine Moonlight FanFics.

OK? Ready? Let’s go!

As the door clicked shut behind Josef, Beth unceremoniously tossed the covers off of herself and laid back down on the red silk sheet, looking up at Guillermo.

Guillermo swallowed hard, he was acutely aware that Mick had repositioned himself so that he was looking across Beth at him, watching his every move.

“Ya know, buddy…..” he said to Mick, “You were a Medic in the Army…..you could do this……”

Mick smiled. “I could, but I generally did the emergency stuff with missiles flying overhead. After-care wasn’t my thing. You’re here now…..you might as well take ‘em out.”

Great…..OK. Guillermo smiled at Beth. She smiled back……she was silently amazed by, and caught up in, the dizzying mixture of scents coming off of Guillermo at that moment…….

Guillermo went to work, removing the sutures easily, setting each one aside on a gauze pad. It took awhile…..there were a lot of them. Once again, Beth had to roll over onto her belly in order for him to remove the sutures from her back and rump……..once he had finished with all the wounds in front. Guillermo got through it by focusing on each individual suture line, rather than the…….. total picture…… stretched out before him.

He was amazed by the rapid healing, but then, he had to remind himself that Beth was no longer human. The suture lines, so raw and fresh only alittle over 12 hours ago, were now well-healed pink scar tissue. It would take roughly a week, maybe more, for a human to heal a suture line like that……. And Josef had said the scars would be faded to nothing by tomorrow morning. Wow. Of course, that was insignificant when compared to the rapid healing abilities of a mature werewolf, or a vampire, for that matter.
After pulling the last suture out, Guillermo grabbed the covers and pulled them up. Beth rolled back over and took them from him, drawing the covers up under her chin.

“There you go, Beth. All set.” He smiled nervously at her, stepping back, and Beth scented a spike in his fear again. Had she startled him by turning and reaching for the covers? So it would seem. “You guys call me if you need anything.”

“Will do…..thanks.” Beth said softly……. still confused, and trying to process what was happening, and what had happened.

Her memories were hazy. She remembered coming to help Mick…..she remembered seeing the wolf standing over him, straddling him..…..she remembered slashing at the beast with her Grandpa’s sword……but after that…..everything was a jumble…..

Guillermo nodded to her and quickly left the room. Beth heard Josef buzz him through the sally-port. A few moments later, Josef re-entered the bedroom.

“Josef,” Beth began hesitantly, “What’s going on?”

Josef exchanged glances with Mick, and then met Beth’s gaze, “I think you know, Beth……if you stop and think about it for a moment.”

Beth starred silently at Josef for several seconds. Then, “I was bitten…..wasn’t I?”

“To put it mildly……..yes.” Josef replied, “You were bitten a lot, actually.”

“I’m a werewolf now?”

“Yes.” Josef answered softly.

“What do I do? I’m not safe for either of you to be around! I have to go away!” Beth’s agitation mounted rapidly. Tears quickly filled her eyes and began to roll down her cheeks. Mick sat on the bed next to her and pulled her into an embrace, trying to soothe her.

She pulled away. “No! I’m not safe! I have to go far away!” Her bright blue eyes were wide, approaching panic.

Josef dropped on to the bed and grabbed her shoulders, giving her a firm shake, “No you don’t! Beth! Listen to me!”

She calmed alittle and returned Josef’s gaze. Mick slipped a reassuring arm around her again. This time, she didn’t pull away.
He gently kissed her bare shoulder, but remained silent, allowing Josef to do the talking. Mick didn’t have to say anything…..Beth could feel his love for her rolling off of him, enveloping her in a comforting cloud.

“Beth.” Josef began slowly, “You can stay here……you can be friends with vampires, and humans. Your Sire was an aberration……. an extreme aberration. Most werewolves aren’t like him at all. Your Grandfather taught you that…..remember? Most werewolves are hard working, tax-paying citizens who never eat people, either human or vampire.” Beth blinked at him, sniffing back tears, and wiping them away with the back of one hand. She wanted to believe him. He radiated strength and confidence …….she grabbed on to that confidence like a life-line……beginning to trust him.

“All we have to do is get you started properly,” Josef continued softly, “get you socialized, and you’ll be fine. I have a plan…….it will work……I promise.”

“You said my Sire? The rogue?” Beth asked, barely above a whisper.

Josef nodded.

“And he’s dead?”

“Yes.” Josef replied, a slight smile surfacing, “He tangled with the wrong blonde.”

Beth sighed with relief……at least she didn’t have to worry about that monster anymore. All she had to worry about now was keeping herself from becoming just like him. “How long have I been unconscious?”

“Since you were mauled late last night.” Josef answered.

“What time is it now?”

“It’s 10pm the following night. You’ve been sleeping for about 18 hours.”

Beth swallowed hard, trying to process this information. She lifted the covers slightly again and peered down at her body. Countless lines of new pink scar tissue covered her torso.

“I healed this much in only 18 hours?”

“That’s very slow, by werewolf standards,” Josef said, smiling gently at her, “But you’re just a pup, and your body still has a lot of work to do. Your injuries were catastrophic. It’s amazing you survived at all.”

Beth tucked the covers back down and looked up at Josef. “So what now?”

“I’ll be your Foster-Sire, Beth.”, Josef continued, “I have the knowledge needed to teach you, and the resources needed to feed, and contain, you while you adjust to your new life.”

Beth blinked at him, glanced over at Mick, and then back to meet Josef’s dark eyes. “How does a vampire Foster a werewolf?”

“Very carefully.” Josef answered, grinning, “And for it to work…..you must trust me, and begin to think of me as your Sire, your leader, now…..before your first shift.”

“When will my first…….shift……happen?”

“Late tomorrow night, most likely.” Josef answered, “Your body still has a lot of healing and reorganizing to do first. Once your body has all its ducks in a row…….so to speak……your first shift will happen automatically.”

Beth sat quietly staring into empty air in front of her…..struggling to come to terms with this new information. Her fingers idled fooled with the covers.

“Are you hungry?”, Josef asked, touching her chin gently with one finger and tipping her face up towards him.

“Famished!” Beth replied without hesitation.

“I’m not surprised.” Josef said, smiling, “Your body has been doing some mighty strong work while you were sleeping……both healing and changing. I took the liberty of ordering breakfast for you.” He smiled again when her face lit up at the mention of food. “I hope you like steak and eggs, cause it’s our standard, the-girl-needs-protein, breakfast around here.”

“I love steak and eggs!” Beth replied, sitting up straighter in bed and leaning forward, sounding like a kid on Christmas morning.

“Good.” Josef grinned, “Because it is my new mission in life to keep you very…..VERY…..well fed!”

MLMLMLMLMLMLMLML*******************************

Mick and Josef watched quietly as Beth, now dressed in flannel sleep pants, a tank top, and fuzzy slippers, polished off her third platter of steak and eggs with all the trimmings. She was sitting at the breakfast bar in the Newbie Suite’s kitchen area, and was finally starting to slow down, seeming satiated at last. The breakfast bar was fashioned from ornate polished mahogany wood. There were matching swivel bar chairs, and it was topped off with a sandstone-color marble countertop.

Mick glanced sidelong at Josef and leaned towards his friend. “My gosh!” he whispered, “She’s gonna pop!”

“I heard that!” Beth snapped without turning around, still munching down a last chunk of thick, rare steak. It was delicious! Certainly not your run-of-the-mill breakfast steak, that was for sure! She was temporarily lost in the wonder of it all. She was sure it wasn’t beef…..but didn’t recognize it as anything else either.

Both men grinned.

“Actually, no.”, Josef responded to Mick, “Her metabolism is burning it almost as fast as she eats it.” Without taking his eyes off of Beth, he continued. “You’ll recall I told you werewolves have a very high metabolic rate, and tend to be big eaters?”

He saw Mick nod in his peripheral vision. “Beth’s body is paying off a big metabolic debt right now…….all that healing she did……her system changing on a cellular level……all very metabolically expensive. She’ll probably need to eat like this again in a few hours.” He grinned
when he saw Mick’s eyebrows shoot up. “Don’t worry……I’ve got the Kitchen on high alert. The Chef is standing by.”

Mick watched while Beth mopped the plate with a fragment of toast and popped it into her mouth, chewing happily, seemingly oblivious to them.

Josef chuckled at the expression of amazement on his young friend’s face. “Don’t worry, buddy! Her appetite will only be this extreme when she’s shifted, over-exerted, or when she’s been badly injured and had a lot of healing to do, like now.”

He leaned closer to Mick and cupped his hand around his mouth, whispering, “She won’t get fat…..I promise.”

“I heard that too!” Beth snapped again, turning this time to glare at them, while snatching up a glass of OJ.

Both men snorted with soft laughter. “Her dietary needs are always going to exceed an ordinary human woman…..an ordinary human Linebacker, for that matter, …….even at rest.” Josef said, winking at Mick, “But she won’t embarrass you in public…….most of the time.”

Beth glared at Josef after chugging her glass of OJ. He favored her with one of his boyish grins, and she softened, smiling back at him.

“Alrighty then,” Josef said enthusiastically, “You’ve both passed werewolf 101 with flying colors! Now it’s time for werewolf 102, the class for brand new wolves and their significant others.”

MLMLMLMLMLMLMLML*******************************

Alittle while later, Josef ignited the gas fireplace in the Newbie Suite’s living room. He gestured towards the long overstuffed leather couch facing the fireplace. “Make yourselves comfortable, please.”
Following his lead, Mick and Beth settled onto the couch.

While waiting for ‘class’ to begin, Beth allowed her eyes to wander around the room. It was a lovely space, high ceilings, tastefully simple décor, and a warm color scheme. The fireplace and mantle was made of rounded river rocks, and it covered a large portion of that wall. Its chimney, also river rock, went all the way to the ceiling. Behind them, the cozy little kitchen adjoined the living room, separated by the counter top area that also served as a breakfast bar. What was puzzling to Beth was the large, bubble-like window on the far left hand wall. The bubble poked into the room and hung in the air above the thickly carpeted floor. It was like a large version of a wall-mounted fish tank, but it wasn’t a fish tank. She could see a small, dimly lit, corridor room on the other side of the bubble window. There were no other windows in the Suite……. anywhere. The only apparent entrance, or exit, was a heavy pocket-door on the same wall as the bubble window.

Josef settled into a large chair kitty-corner to them, so that he could watch the fire too. “OK……I’ll start by answering your question from earlier last night, Mick.”

Beth tucked her legs up under herself and snuggled up against Mick. They were both watching Josef intently.

“You asked me over the phone how Beth was able to sense the werewolf’s presence? Remember?”

Mick nodded.

“Well,” Josef continued, “I believe it’s her rare blood type, AO-
Negative.” Both Mick and Beth looked confused.

“OK, in a nutshell…….AO-Negative is what vampires call the ‘Noble Line’. When we talk about the ‘Noble Line’, we’re not talking about familiar relationships, or even who Turned who……We’re talking about that very rare blood type. If someone has it……they’re a Noble. Beth is a Noble.”

“Alright…..” Mick began slowly, his brow knitted in confusion, “so Beth has status…..that’s great…..we’ll get invited to awesome parties……..but I still don’t understand……”

“Our scientists don’t completely understand it either,” Josef replied, “Well….that’s not true…..they don’t understand it at all, actually. But, there is something about the AO-Negative blood type that imparts special….abilities….. to the person who has it. Its effects are well documented in vampires. You saw it first hand, Mick. When Lance caught his hand on fire? Remember? His hand should have turned to ash…..but instead, the fire just blistered his skin…..and then the damage quickly healed. A vampire with AO-Neg has resistance to fire. They can survive it, and heal the damage, provided they’re able to escape the flames before the damage becomes too catastrophic. An AO-Neg vampire is also stronger and faster than the average vamp.”

Mick blinked at Josef, absorbing what this meant……. Beth turned and looked up at him…..his scent had changed…..she could tell he was becoming very unsettled.

“Coraline is AO-Negative……”, Mick said softly.

“Yes.” Josef replied, “That’s undoubtedly how she survived the fire that night. She would have been badly burned, but if she was able to escape the flames…….she would have healed. She obviously did.”

“You knew…..”, Mick growled, “You knew there was a good chance she was still alive……and you knew why…….and you let me chase my tail! You let me think I was losing my mind when Coraline showed up as Morgan!”

Josef dropped his eyes, “It’s not that simple, buddy. You didn’t tell me, not until after Morgan surfaced, that you hadn’t seen remains, or ashes, from Coraline. I took it for granted that you had…..and that, combined with not hearing a word from Coraline after the fire…..all those years……well, I assumed she hadn’t been able to get out in time. Then, when you told me Morgan was human, I was sure she couldn’t be Coraline. I had heard rumors of her family’s Compound, but I had never seen it in action, and I had no idea it worked THAT well! I wasn’t even aware a supply of it still existed. I thought all of it had been used, or destroyed, during the French Revolution. When I met Morgan myself, she had me fooled too……she really did, buddy. I swear. I believed she was just a human with a stunning resemblance to Coraline. Besides…… I couldn’t just tell you…….The AO-Neg effect is a closely guarded secret in the worldwide community, as is any information about the Compound. I thought you would be safer not knowing.” He looked up at Mick, clearly feeling badly, and hoping for absolution.

Mick stared at his friend, speechless. Beth could sense anger and disappointment in him, but there was more…….he was hurt…..his feelings were hurt because Josef had withheld such important information from him.

Beth hugged Mick and nuzzled her face against his shoulder, trying to soothe his pain. It helped alittle. He turned to look down at her, and managed a slight smile. Then he bent and kissed the top of her head.

“You’re a Noble too, aren’t you Josef?”, Mick asked, returning his attention to his friend, “That’s how you survived when your office was fire-bombed.”

Josef sighed. “Yes.”, he answered simply, his expression slightly sad. “The explosion blew me out my own picture window. I was at one with the fire-ball. I landed in an alley across the street, and about a half-block up. I was burned all to hell, and still on fire, when I hit the pavement. That was a new adventure in pain…..let me assure you! Drop and roll, they say……..it does actually work….sort of.” He snorted softly and shook his head, “I managed to get myself put out by rolling up in a discarded section of filthy carpeting that was laying in the alley. I shudder to think what I must have looked like……half my skin, and all of my clothes and hair, gone. And, what skin I still had left was just charred third degree burns. But, I was lucky enough to stumble, literally, onto a mugging in progress……some guy beating an elderly man senseless for what little money the poor old fellow had. I ate the mugger, and took his clothes. He tasted terrible by the way…..one of the worst meals I’ve ever had……the man definitely didn’t live a healthy lifestyle! But I was desperate, and beggars can’t be choosers. By the time I made it to your loft, my burns had healed and my hair had grown back. I called the Cleaners and gave them the mugger’s location. And when I explained what had happened, they were kind enough to come pick up the guy’s clothes too, which I dropped to them off of your balcony. I then helped myself to a much needed shower, and one of your bathrobes. The rest you know.”

Beth and Mick were both starring at Josef with widened eyes now……stunned by the ordeal he had endured. Beth noticed that the scents of anger and hurt were no longer coming off of Mick. He had moved past it……She suspected he did that a lot where Josef was concerned.

“Wow.” Mick said simply.

Beth nodded her agreement with this assessment.

Mick cleared his throat. “OK then……the AO-Neg blood type gives vampires resistance to fire……but you think it’s also the reason Beth seemed to have a kind of ESP thing going on, as far as that rogue wolf was concerned?”

“Yes.” Josef replied, “It makes sense. I think the AO-Neg blood type must impart special abilities to humans too, although, that’s never been suspected or studied. The big question before us now is what, if anything, will the ‘Noble’ blood type do in a werewolf? As far as anyone knows, there hasn’t been an AO-Neg werewolf before.”

“Should we be worried?” Mick asked, his expression clouding with concern for Beth’s safety.

Beth looked up at Mick, and then over to Josef.

“I doubt it.” Josef replied, giving his Foster-daughter a gentle smile, “The AO-Neg effect has a positive track record so far……I mean, it seems to be beneficial to the person who has this extremely rare blood type, giving them an edge that others don’t have. It certainly gave Beth an edge over that rogue.” He was quiet for a second, thinking, then, “Beth……was your Grandfather also AO-Neg, by any chance?”

Beth nodded. “Yeah…..My mom and dad always said that Grandpa and I shared the same rare blood type…..that we were the only ones in the family with it.”

“I thought so.” Josef replied, nodding, “That explains his choice of profession.......The AO-Neg probably gave him the same ability Beth displayed. He had a genetic proximity alarm for werewolves…….a natural werewolf hunter.”

Mick and Beth were both listening to Josef carefully. Mick’s brow was tight with concern, and Beth looked alittle frightened.

“It’s alright, Beth.” Josef said softly, wanting to reassure her, “If the AO-Neg translates into any effect in your new nature, I’m sure it will be a good thing. Don’t worry.”

Beth nodded and smiled nervously, trying to relax. Mick gave her shoulders a reassuring squeeze.

“So,” Beth said, wanting to change the subject, “What was that breakfast steak anyway? It was completely wonderful!”

Josef chuckled…..werewolves……quite the chow-hounds. “It was some of the finest ranch-raised venison money can buy, my dear.”

“Why venison?,” Beth asked.

“Because you’re a wolf now, and I want to get you started eating like one, as close to wild game as we can get. Werewolves don’t consider a pup to be ‘started’ on a meat until their first shift, and first meal in their new lupine form. But…..I like to hedge my bets. I didn’t think it would hurt to get you started on venison alittle early. I don’t want to start you on beef right away, because I don’t want you to turn into a livestock killer.”

“Why would it matter which meat I eat first?” Beth asked.

“It’s a werewolf thing. You’ll fixate on whatever your first meal is……and that will always be your comfort food from now on. It’ll be what you crave, especially when you’re stressed.”

“Umh……Josef?” Mick spoke up, “We live in downtown LA…..not a lot of deer running through the streets around here. How are we supposed to get deer for her later on?”

“Mick! I’m surprised at you!” Josef said, feigning shock, “Do you think I don’t plan ahead? Of course I do! I have an associate who raises exotics for the high-end restaurant industry. He supplies a restaurant I own in Beverly Hills. His name is Vince….. nice guy, salt of the earth…… and he has a very large ranch just outside town. He has everything from deer to emus there. Bison, Beefalo, several varieties of deer and elk, ostriches, antelopes, and some exotic varieties of sheep, goats, and cattle too. I spoke with him this morning before I turned in, and explained our……unique situation here.”

“So, he’s a human-who-knows?” Mick asked.

“Yes. I placed a large order with him and he’s already delivered a lot of it. The meat locker is packed full in the main kitchen. Like I said, we’ll start you on venison. Then maybe try some elk, and eventually, goats and beef, as well as bison, just to give you some variety.”

“And how about when Beth is able to leave the Newbie Suite and return to her life?”, Mick asked, “ What then?”

“Vince said it would be fine for her to hunt on his ranch whenever the mood strikes her. I’ve already set up a running tab with him. He just requests that she bring the leftovers of her kills up to the main barn when she’s through, so he knows what to bill me for. He also asks that she not kill more than she can eat, obviously, and that she stay away from his prime breeding stock. He’ll be marking all of those animals with red collars so she’ll know they’re off-limits.” Josef looked squarely at Beth, to see if she was following.

Her eyes were wide, but she slowly nodded her understanding. “How often am I going to be……. transforming?” She asked.

“After your initial shift, you’ll only have to transform on the three nights of the full moon every month. The rest of the month, shifting will be your choice, and completely under your control. You and Mick can use my Lear, or the Bell, to head for the hills during full moons if you want to. I would actually strongly advise that.” Josef said, looking at Mick, “Werewolves don’t generally do well in big cities…..they need the wilderness. Living in LA might be very difficult for Beth, emotionally. We’ll have to see. But, I think it will be important to Beth’s mental health for the two of you to go rent a cabin out in the boonies somewhere every full moon cycle. Run through the trees, howl at the moon, all that stuff. And hunt real wild game.”

Mick nodded, “Whatever Beth needs.”

“Now,” Josef continued, “be mindful that there might be ‘oops’ moments during Beth’s new life. Especially early on, when she’s still inexperienced. That’s when my associate’s game ranch will come in handy…..because it’s close. I’ll show you were it is so you can run there if you ever get in a bind.”

“Oops moments?” Beth said uneasily.

“Accidental shifts…..the moon’s not full, and you didn’t plan on losing your grip….but, oops, you shifted, and now you’re really hungry.”

“That can happen!?” Beth was horrified.

“Yes, it can, if you let yourself get too angry or upset about something, you could shift accidently.”

“Great! That’s just great! That will go over really well down at the office!” Beth fumed, “I’m going to enroll in the first yoga class I can find!”

“That might be a good idea, actually. Practice inner serenity.” Josef replied, smiling, “But, at any rate…..in case of an accidental shift, you won’t be able to shift back immediately, because the shift itself runs up a metabolic debt that must be paid. You’ll be tremendously hungry. Your body won’t want to return to human form until you’ve fed, because the reverse transformation requires energy too. In such a case, you can run to my associate’s game ranch and grab some venison on the hoof.”

“Fine.” Beth sniped. “Wonderful.”

“Hey now!” Josef complained, frowning, “None of this is my fault, you know. I didn’t make the rules…..I’m just explaining them to you.”

“You’re right.” Beth said softly, leaning on Mick, “I’m sorry.”

Josef smiled. “OK then…that’s better. Now, about our Newbie Suite here.” He leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees. He hesitated before continuing. “I’m going to be brutally honest, Beth. This Suite was built with Newbie vamps in mind. It wasn’t built to contain a werewolf. The Cleaners are extremely concerned about this fact.”

“Why?”, Beth asked.

“They’re afraid you’ll get loose before you are properly started and socialized. They’re afraid you’ll turn on someone in this house and go rogue.” Josef sighed, “It’s the law of the jungle, my dear…….what’s the one thing any predator fears?......a bigger predator.”

“Won’t she be alittle weak to start out……easier to manage…..like a new vampire is?” Mick asked.

“No.” Josef answered, “Unlike vampires, who get stronger as we age………a werewolf is as strong as they’re ever going to be the minute all fours hit the floor for the first time. And, as you’ve seen, that’s pretty damn strong. The only advantage a 500 year old wolf has over a brand new wolf is experience.”

A smile flickered across Mick’s face as he was reminded again that Beth was now as immortal as he was…….he didn’t have to worry about losing her anymore. She would never grow old, she would never get sick. She would always be with him now……down through the ages. And he hadn’t had to make her like himself to accomplish that end.

Josef leveled his gaze at Beth, “You will be strong enough to pound your way out of this room, if you want to, Beth, but you must make yourself stay in here, for everyone’s benefit, including your own. You have to give us a chance to ‘housebreak’ you, to socialize you, or you will become a threat to all of us…..including Mick. Understand?”

Beth nodded, her eyes wide.

MLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLML*****************************

Two heaping venison-equivalent prime rib dinners later, Beth crawled back into bed and curled up contentedly under the covers. She was asleep seconds later.

Mick glanced at his watch. It was nearly dawn. Josef’s Werewolf 102 class had ended up taking most of the night. He was beat. He had polished off another two bottles of freshly donated blood from Josef’s Harem while Beth was wolfing down her second prime rib dinner. He started to crawl under the covers with Beth.

“And just what do you think you’re doing?” Josef demanded.

“Going to bed…..what does it look like I’m doing?!” Mick snapped.

“Not there you’re not!” Josef glared. “I let you get away with it once yesterday morning, but not today……you need the ice box, and you know it! Tonight is going to be Beth’s big night. You need to be at the top of your game……well fed and well rested……we both do.”

“Look Josef…..” Mick began.

Josef gave him a talk-to-the-hand gesture and stalked over to a set of ornate double doors. He swung them open, revealing the glass freezer case awaiting Mick inside with a ta-da gesture of his hands. “Did I mention Karl was very happy to learn that I might need him to ‘help’ you into your ice box this morning? He’s waiting outside. Should I call him?”

Checkmate. Mick’s shoulders slumped and his head dropped forward, defeated. He leaned over and kissed Beth’s cheek. She smiled and murmured softly in her sleep.

Mick went to the adjoining freezer room and stripped off his tee shirt and sleep pants, hanging them on a convienent set of wall hooks. “Leave the doors open.” He said to Josef, “I want to be able to see Beth.”

“Of course.” Josef responded.

Mick climbed into the freezer and lay down.

“Sleep well, buddy.” Josef said.

“You too.”

Josef shut the lid and, with one final glance at the peacefully sleeping Beth, he left the room.

Mick listened from inside the ice box as Josef left the Suite through the sally-port doors. He planned on staying in the box until he was sure Josef wasn’t coming back, and then climbing back into bed with Beth. That was the plan anyway…….he never made it. Exhaustion overtook him as the soothing cold embraced him. Like Beth, he was asleep in seconds.
Last edited by lionsonleashes on Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
LIONS (Beautiful Banner by MoonlitRose)
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: FULL MOONLIGHT---Ch 13----Dealing And Revealing.

Post by redwinter101 »

Josef the teacher. How marvellous. But he, as always, is revelling in taking charge of matters.

I was a little surprised by Beth's calm reactions - no freaking out! It'll be interesting to see how she handles her first "shift".

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
lionsonleashes
Freelance freshie

Post by lionsonleashes »

redwinter101 wrote:Josef the teacher. How marvellous. But he, as always, is revelling in taking charge of matters.

I was a little surprised by Beth's calm reactions - no freaking out! It'll be interesting to see how she handles her first "shift".

Red
Thanks Red! :D
Beth did some freaking out at first.....but she's a survivor.....and she rolls with what she can't change. ;)
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Very interesting indeed. Josef is sure to make a very good teacher.
Looking forward to seeing how Beth's shift unfolds :D
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
lionsonleashes
Freelance freshie

Post by lionsonleashes »

coco wrote:Very interesting indeed. Josef is sure to make a very good teacher.
Looking forward to seeing how Beth's shift unfolds :D
Thanks Coco! :D It will be a dicey situation! :lol:
jen
Cleaner

Re: FULL MOONLIGHT---Ch 13----Dealing And Revealing. (PG-13)

Post by jen »

Fabulous!

Beth is still Beth. She is not changing into a different person, has no dangerous internal drives that could threaten anyone. Josef's explanations are a bit intimidating, but I don't know much about werewolf lore.

So, the big night is coming up...

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
lionsonleashes
Freelance freshie

Post by lionsonleashes »

Thanks, Jen! Yeah, the big (literally) night is right around the cornor. :eek2:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

bump

:bump: :bump: :bump:
lionsonleashes
Freelance freshie

Post by lionsonleashes »

Thanks Jen! :hug:
jen
Cleaner

Re: FULL MOONLIGHT---Ch 13----Dealing And Revealing. (PG-13

Post by jen »

Fabulous.

Earlier in the story, you mentioned that 'Ben Talbot's reality had been turned on its ear and run over a couple of times' or words to that effect--but so has Beth's.

She has (1) found out that vampires exist; (2) become fascinated by one, only to have the fascination deepen into friendship and love in short order; (3) become a functioning member of vampire society just by being 'in the know'; (4) actively protected their secrecy whenever she could; (5) once she realized her werewolf hunter roots, actively used it to protect the L. A. Tribe; (6) taken on a deadly werewolf to save her Mick; and (7) become a werewolf herself.

Come to think of it, Ben has nothing on Beth.

This is great, but I am going to have to pick this up tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Now neatly you have taken care of some of the major obstacles that MickBeth faced in the Moonlight we saw onscreen. Now, Beth is as immortal as Mick. She now faces some of the same internal problems that Mick has faced in the past and continue to plague him.

Josef is proving to be an amazing force here. He is literally the one single factor that makes this entire situation possible.

Wonderful chapter!!!

Thank you!

Jenna
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Josef really explained it all very well. Love that he put Mick to "bed" like that. They all need to be on top of their game tomorrow. :hyper:
lionsonleashes
Freelance freshie

Post by lionsonleashes »

Thanks Jen and Francis! :ghug: :rose: :flowers: :hearts:

Return to “lionsonleashes' Office”