FULL MOONLIGHT---Ch 12----Healing. (PG-13)

A place for lionsonleashes' G to PG-13 stories.
lionsonleashes
Freelance freshie

FULL MOONLIGHT---Ch 12----Healing. (PG-13)

Post by lionsonleashes »

FULL MOONLIGHT----Ch 12---Healing.

DISCLAIMER: I don’t own ‘Moonlight’, or any of its wonderful characters. I’m just taking them out for a run! No copyright infringement is intended.

SUMMARY: A multi-chapter action-adventure featuring Mick, Beth, Josef, Guillermo, Logan, Talbot, Simone, and a few really big werewolves, among others. Rated PG-13 for mild language and violence.

SPOILERS: Follows on from all 16 episodes of ‘Moonlight’, as aired on CBS. Follows on from Allegrita’s FanFic, ‘Presto Agitato’, Ch 1 & 2. (Mick and Beth ‘seal the deal’ and are now lovers.) Follows on from Desdemona’s FanFic, ‘Silver’, Ch 1 thru 7 only. (Talbot finds out about vampires in general, and Mick in particular, the hard way!) Borrows, with Eris’ kind permission, her original character of ‘Karl’ from her many fine FanFics.

OK? Let’s go!

Josef stood quietly beside the lifeless werewolf and watched as the Lead Cleaner, and her well armed crew, cautiously approached.
The Lead Cleaner moved like a panther, lithe and silent. This impression was heightened by the skin-tight black leather body suit that she wore, as did the others in her crew. Large brown eyes regarded Josef through dark bangs as she drew near, and her long hair was caught back in a ponytail.

Josef returned her gaze evenly, as though it were any other LA night……as though there wasn’t a 900 plus pound werewolf carcass stretched out at his feet beside his infinity pool, in the midst of his manicured terrace garden.

The Lead Cleaner stopped in front of him, “Josef,” she nodded to him formally.

Josef nodded back. “Claudia……glad you could make it, but I’m afraid you missed the festivities entirely.”

The Cleaner’s eyes drifted down to the enormous carcass. “Yes….I see you have it all sorted out. Nicely done…….a bit messy, but thorough.”

“Can’t take credit for it.” Josef replied, “Beth and Mick bagged this bad boy.”

The Lead Cleaner’s eyebrows rose. “Beth? St John’s human? That Beth?”

OK….here we go…… “Yes,” Josef replied mildly, “That Beth.”

The Lead Cleaner’s eyes narrowed slightly and she inhaled, scenting the scene. The images flashed through her mind rapidly……the wolf, Mick, Beth, the silver sword, the wolf’s attack…..and Beth’s horrible injuries……the wolf’s death…… Mick pleading for Josef’s help, Beth clinging to life, cradled in St John’s arms…….

Her attention snapped back to Josef a moment later, her expression stern. “Where is she, Josef?”

“Under my protection.”, he replied coolly.

“Are you out of your mind?! We have to put her down right now! She has no Sire to train and control her! She’ll go rogue!”

“I’m going to Foster her,” Josef said casually, “I’ll act as her Sire. I will teach her.”

The Lead Cleaner’s jaw dropped and she just stared at Josef for a couple seconds before replying. “OK…..now I know you’re out of your mind. Josef, be reasonable! A vampire can’t be Foster-Sire to a new werewolf! That makes as much sense as a human trying to Foster a newbie vampire! It’s not possible! She’ll kill you! She’ll kill everyone in your house! You won’t be able to control or contain her!”

Josef smiled. “You underestimate me, my dear. I have a great deal of knowledge about werewolves, and I have the Newbie Suite. It’s set up to contain, and promote the socialization of....... new Turns.”

“Newly Turned vampires!”, the Cleaner snapped, “Vampires, Josef! Not a newly Turned werewolf!”

She paused, looking down at her feet and shaking her head, trying to quell her rising agitation. Getting angry would only cause Josef to dig his heels in tighter.

Sighing, she continued, “Your facility, as wonderful as it is…..and as much as it’s appreciated by the entire LA community….. is simply not strong enough to contain a werewolf. It wasn’t designed with that in mind. It won’t hold……not if she really wants out. You know that, Josef.”

The Cleaner softened further, trying a different approach. She reached out and gently touched his arm. “Josef, please, listen to me. I know how you feel about Mick and his human, Beth. I understand your emotional attachment……. but you’ve got to look at this rationally. A newly Turned werewolf is every bit as volatile, and unpredictable, as a newbie vamp. You know that……she’ll be driven by her appetite, her overwhelming hunger……and you and Mick will be at the top of the menu, followed by the rest of us.”

Josef regarded the Lead Cleaner for a moment. Her shift to a soft, gentle approach didn’t fool him in the slightest. Her agenda was to kill Beth before she could become a werewolf……just on the chance that Beth might be a threat….might be. It didn’t matter that Beth had always been loyal to the community. It didn’t matter that the feisty little blonde had squared off with a towering monster to protect Mick tonight. It didn’t matter that Beth had probably saved all their lives tonight. To the Cleaner, the only thing that mattered now was the possibility that Beth might become a threat to the community soon……might.

He knew the Cleaner was good at her job for this very reason……she was able to completely detach…..to act without compassion, if that was what she believed was in the best interests of the community. She could be as cold as ice, when she had to be……..like when she sentenced Emma to death, and then ashed her, along with poor Jackson, who would not leave his beloved’s side…..no matter what. Josef’s face twitched at the memory of that horrible night……it seemed like everything started going to hell for the community after that night. Perhaps they were being punished.

Like the separation between the Executive and Legislative Branches of human Government in America, there was a separation in the city between the law enforcement of the Cleaners, and Josef’s power as Leader of the LA Tribe. It had to be that way………but Josef had still lost sleep over the what-ifs after Emma and Jackson were executed……often berating himself for not flexing his own power to demand a second chance for Emma……a Presidential Pardon, of sorts. It’s not like there weren’t mitigating factors to consider…….after all, Emma was a recovered feral, abandoned by her Sire on board a ship at sea, of all things! The fact that she had managed to become socialized to human society at all was amazing, and probably had a lot to do with Jackson’s love. And it was completely understandable that she would have some lingering…..issues….especially in the self-control department.

Josef deeply regretted not using her traumatic infancy to demand a second chance for Emma………he should have……he didn’t……he would not fail like that again……….

Shaking it off, Josef met the Cleaner’s gaze, “You are also underestimating Beth, and her strength of character. I know what I’m doing, Claudia. Beth will have an instinctive need for a leader, an ‘Alpha’, a Sire. That will be me…….we’ll bond. She’ll fixate on the first meat she gets…….her ‘start’, that’s what werewolves call it. It will always be her comfort food from then on, the default setting for her appetite. I’m going to make sure that first meat is venison.”

“Where on earth are you going to procure a steady supply of fresh venison in LA?!”

“I have my sources.” Josef replied, “It won’t be an issue.”

The Lead Cleaner lowered her voice to barely more than a whisper and took a step towards Josef. “Beth is AO-Negative……I can smell it. The Noble bloodline, Josef! We know what it does in vampires…..but how will it effect a werewolf? We have no idea! There’s never been a werewolf of the Noble line before, as far as we know. You don’t know what it will do in a werewolf!”

“Neither do you.”

“It could be a disaster!”

“Or, it might be wonderful. We’ll just have to wait and see.”

The Cleaner sighed again, giving up. Clearly, she could not talk Josef out of this hair-brained scheme. “Fine.”, She said, resigned. She nodded towards the huge carcass of the dead werewolf. “Too bad he’s tainted with silver now. That would have been some very good blood.”

“Indeed.” Josef replied curtly, “Better get busy, dear. My neighbors aren’t close, and sound tends to bounce around in these canyons and hills, but somebody probably called the Police about those gunshots. They will be driving around the area, looking for anything out of the ordinary.”

“Yes, of course. We’ll get started. Standard clean-up then? Incinerate the carcass?”

“I want the hide.” Josef answered.

“Excuse me?”

“The brute’s hide……I want it. A trophy, if you will. Skin him, tan him, and make a rug out of him. You can incinerate the rest of him. He killed at least three vampires in this community alone……. and that’s just the ones we found……. on my watch. He tried to eat me and my friends. He terrorized my employees. He did tremendous damage to my office and my home. That makes his ass officially mine. Mick pulverized the head with five point blank .480 rounds, but the rest of his hide is intact.”

“So…..let me make sure I understand this….” The Lead Cleaner said slowly, “You’re going to try to survive Fostering this monster’s Get, but you’re also going to hang his hide on your wall as a trophy?”

“Certainly not!” Josef responded, feigning shock and dismay, “That would be very insensitive of me! No…..this bastard’s pelt is going to adorn the floor of my freezer room. Beth won’t notice it in there, and that way, I’ll get to walk all over his mangy ass twice a day.” He grinned.

The Cleaner rolled her eyes. “Fine…..you’re paying the bill.”

“Yes I am.” Josef said smugly. “Well, I’ll leave you to it. Be sure and save Beth’s sword. It’s a family heirloom…..she’ll want it back.”

“But it’s silver! She won’t even be able to touch it without getting burned!”

Josef smiled. “What part of ‘family heirloom’ don’t you understand?”

“Fine……consider it cleaned and polished.”

“Good. Thank you.” Josef turned and started towards the shattered remains of the Terrace Room. Suddenly, he stopped and turned back to the Cleaner. “Oh, and Claudia?”

She had crouched down beside the dead werewolf to inspect the sword in its chest. She looked up at him. “Yes?”

“Congratulate me! I’m getting a new puppy!” Josef grinned from ear to ear.

The Cleaner glared at him. “Yes….well…..here’s hoping you’re able to housebreak your ‘new puppy’ before she eats you!”

Josef chuckled and went into the mansion to check on his new Foster-daughter. He had a lot of preparations to make in a very short period of time.

MLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLML************************

Guillermo hit the swinging doors in the Morgue running. Fast, but not vampire-fast, not yet. He had human co-workers who didn’t know. He grabbed up his emergency medical kit, pausing to throw in some plasma expanders, and a lot of Ringers Lactate, just in case. Beth was AO-Negative, and he didn’t have any of that in stock……nobody did…….far too rare.

“Cover for me!” He yelled to a co-worker as he wind sprinted for the exit, “Family emergency!”

“No worries, man! We got it! Be safe!”, the co-worker called back.

Guillermo used vamp-speed to get up the stairs to the parking lot level in record time, then slowed to a human run across the parking lot to his motorcycle, an aging Yamaha Virago, metallic green with white accents. It was an old bike, but in good shape. Guillermo took good care of it.

Throwing his E-kit around his shoulders in its backpack, he mounted his bike and fired it up. He left the parking lot and risked speeding tickets all the way through town, heading for the hills above LA.
He had gotten a cryptic call a few minutes ago from Karl, Kostan’s hulking head of Security. All the man had said was that Beth was badly hurt and that he was to come to Mr Kostan’s estate to help her immediately. Guillermo had tried to ask why they didn’t call an ambulance and take Beth to the hospital? She’s human! She should be in a hospital if she’s hurt! But Karl had hung up without another word.

Now, Guillermo leaned his bike into the winding turns of the road as it climbed higher and higher above the city lights……. into the hills where the Leader of the LA Tribe lived.

His heart clenched in his chest………Beth…….What could have happened?

MLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLML**************************

The first thing Beth became aware of was the water……..warm water cascading over her. She tried to move, but couldn’t. Her muscles wouldn’t respond. She tried to open her eyes, but couldn’t. Despair started to rise in her confused mind……until she caught a familiar scent……Mick’s scent……he was with her…….he was holding her in his arms.

She relaxed……she knew that wonderful scent……remembered it……. from the first time she stole sniff off a shirt draped over the back of a chair in his office. It was the night she had discovered Mick was her guardian angel……months before they had become lovers. She knew his wonderful scent from the many nights, more recently, when she had lain in his strong arms, snuggled contentedly against him.

She drank in Mick’s scent now, and was comforted by it……he was safe…..the wolf hadn’t killed him……he was alright……she had succeeded……waves of relief washed through her. He was holding her……so now she felt safe. Everything would be OK, as long as Mick was with her.

Strange……..Mick’s scent seemed so much more….. detailed, so much richer ……layered with so many subtle nuances she had never noticed before……details she couldn’t put into words. But this more detailed scent was still Mick’s scent, the man she loved. Beth memorized this new, more detailed, scent……it was her Mick.

Slowly……she became aware that she was in a shower. The sound of water droplets splashing against tile was unmistakable. Mick was cradling her in his arms. He was bare-chested, standing in the shower holding her…..but he still had his jeans on. Now that was odd……why was he in the shower with his jeans on? She could feel her skin against the skin of his bare chest, and she could feel the waist band of his jeans against her bare hip. She realized she was naked.

Well……a person should be naked in the shower……right? The question remained as to why Mick was wearing his blue jeans in the shower. Beth was confused…….nothing was making any sense.

“OK man……hold her still while I get this last large wound cleaned out.”

Guillermo??? That was Guillermo’s voice! Why was he in the bathroom too? While she was naked! Why was Mick letting Guillermo see her naked?! Beth inhaled slightly and caught the scent that must be Guillermo…..the same earthy musk as Mick, but with its own distinctive characteristics, making it Guillermo’s unique scent.

Beth felt the spray of water across her abdomen intensify, accompanied by a sharp stinging, as Guillermo apparently washed some kind of open wound with a gauze sponge. It burned and ached. She heard herself moaning. Mick tightened his grip on her slightly and murmured in her ear, “Shhh, Shhh, sweetheart……I know it hurts…..I’m sorry. We’ve got to clean your wounds. We’re almost done. I promise. Hang on……just alittle bit more. I love you, Beth.”

She sighed and relaxed into his embrace again.

“You’re hurting her, Gasol! Be more careful!”

Josef?!! Beth’s confused mind reeled. That was Josef’s voice! Why was Josef in the bathroom too? Why was Mick letting both Josef and Guillermo see her naked?! Is there anyone else who would like to come on in and see me naked?…..she wondered, miffed. She inhaled again, catching what had to be Josef’s scent. Like Mick and Guillermo, there was an underlying earthy musk to it, but that earthy musk was much, much stronger than either of their scents. Then, layered in throughout that very powerful earthy musk, there were elements that were unique……..Josef’s individual scent.

“I’m sorry, sir!” Beth heard Guillermo respond, sounding rattled, “I’m trying not to hurt her…..but these wounds are large and deep……they’re gonna hurt…..no way around it.”

“Try harder.” Josef growled.

Beth caught a whiff of a spicy sharpness that suddenly mixed in with Guillermo’s scent…….some part of her recognized it instinctively…….fear.

“Leave him alone, Josef!”, Mick snapped, “He’s doing the best he can.”

Beth tried again to move something….anything. She tried to open her eyes. No luck. She was so tired…..and everything hurt, she ached all over. So tired…….drawing in one more whiff of Mick’s comforting scent, she gave into the siren call of unconsciousness again. The sounds, scents, and sensations of the shower faded away.

MLMLMLMLMLMLMLML*******************************

Guillermo used the removable shower head on its length of hose to focus the water flow on Beth’s wounds, scrubbing the last of the debris away with sterile gauze. He also rinsed the rest of her clean of the blood she was covered in……most of it her own. Her clothing was ruined, shredded and bloody, and had been stripped off her and deposited in the trash. Her leather sword scabbard was filthy, but largely intact. Josef had instructed servants to take it and carefully clean and oil it.

Guillermo was running on autopilot, firmly in care-giver mode…....trying not to contemplate the obvious. Beth had been mauled by a werewolf……and survived……he knew what that meant…..everyone knew what that meant. How were they going to manage this situation?

Josef wasn’t helping matters, hovering behind Guillermo and growling at him every time Beth twitched or whimpered. It seemed Josef had taken on the role of Foster-Sire for Beth, and had rapidly become fiercely protective of the young woman he now saw as his daughter.

Mick, at least, was supportive and appreciative of his efforts on Beth’s behalf. That helped.

Guillermo returned the shower head to its bracket, and stepped back, his eyes quickly sweeping Beth’s body, inspecting his work. “There,” he said, “That’s got it, I think.”

“You think?!” Kostan snapped, “Are you finished, or not?”

“Lighten up, Josef.” Mick said quietly, stroking Beth’s wet hair with one hand as he cradled her. Shifting his attention to Guillermo, “So….. can we get out and dry off now?” He smiled nervously, his eyes both worried and hopeful. Guillermo could tell he was trying to be strong for Beth, but he was terrified for her…..fearful that she wouldn’t survive.

Guillermo was astonished Beth had survived long enough for the werewolf bite to ‘take’, as Josef called it. Based on Mick and Josef’s description of Beth immediately after the attack, she had lost a spectacular amount of blood, and it sounded like she had started slipping in hypovolemic shock……which would normally be followed by death in fairly short order, given the amount of blood loss.

But, according to Mick, Beth had begun to rebound within minutes. By the time Guillermo arrived, not only was she no longer in shock, she didn’t even need IV fluids or plasma expanders anymore. Her body had already clotted off the wounds, and had managed to rebuild the lost blood volume. Guillermo shook his head in amazement. But, while the bleeding had stopped, the multiple large wounds across her chest, back, abdomen, and hips still gaped open.

“Yeah…..”, Guillermo answered Mick, “Let’s get her dried off and into bed now. Then I’ll suture those wounds.”

Mick stepped carefully out of the large double shower stall, cradling Beth. His soaking wet blue jeans dripped on the expensive Italian Marble flooring.

Josef pulled an oversized bath towel off of a warming rack and draped it open across his outstretched arms. “Give her here, Mick. We’ll dry her off and put her in bed, while you get out of those wet clothes. You’ll find and assortment of sleep pants and tee shirts in the dresser drawers in the bedroom.”

After a moment’s hesitation, Mick nodded once and passed the unconscious Beth into his friend’s waiting arms. Josef promptly flipped the large heated towel around her body. Beth shivered slightly, her head falling to rest against Josef’s shoulder. Josef turned his head in order to look down into Beth’s face. He smiled tenderly.

It occurred to Guillermo, that, for a moment, Josef looked like a new father holding his infant daughter for the first time.

While Mick shucked his blood and water soaked jeans and boxers, and stepped out of them, Guillermo grabbed a warmed hand towel and began to dry Beth’s hair. Josef held Beth protectively and watched Guillermo’s every move.

Mick grabbed a towel for himself and quickly dried off. Then he padded naked into the bedroom and started rummaging through the dresser drawers, trying to find something that would fit him comfortably. The Newbie Suite was well stocked with both men’s and women’s lounging attire. In addition to the sleep pants and shirts for both sexes in the drawers, there were also slinky night gowns for the ladies, and a nearby walk-in closet held a wide variety of bathrobes and slippers, different sizes, different styles, both men’s and women’s.

With the excess moisture dried from Beth’s blond hair, Guillermo set the hand towel aside and began to use the oversized bath towel she was wrapped in to gently pat her body, and wounds, dry.

“Watch your hands, Gasol!” Josef growled, glaring at him.

Guillermo’s eyes flicked momentarily from his patient, to Josef, and then back again. “Mr Kostan…..please!”, he responded, with a faint edge of indignation in his voice, “I’m a professional! Beth is both my friend, and now my patient!”

“You had better keep that in mind or…..”

“Josef!!!” Mick yelled from the bedroom, “Knock it off!” The elder vamp cleared his throat and fell silent.

Guillermo glanced up at Josef once more, before stepping back. “OK….that’ll do…..let’s get her into bed.”

Josef nodded and turned, carrying Beth out of the bathroom and into the expansive bedroom. Mick had found some sleep pants and a tee shirt to his liking. He was just tugging the tee shirt over his head when Josef entered carrying Beth, flanked by Guillermo.

Mick beat them to the bed and turned down the covers, pulling them back to receive Beth. Josef laid her down gently, and kneeling on the mattress beside her, Mick lifted her back up just enough for Josef to pull the towel out from under her. Then he laid her back on the soft sheets….. red silk, the finest money could buy anywhere in the world.

“OK…”, Guillermo said, “I’ll get the suture kit. Mick…..numb up the wound edges, just in case she starts trying to come around again…..I don’t want her feeling anything.”

Mick had been thinking of doing just that, so his saliva was already loaded with his natural numbing agent. He bent over Beth and gently traced the ragged edges of each gaping wound with the tip of his tongue, his saliva working quickly to numb the areas.

Guillermo returned with his suture kit, picking up the curved, razor sharp needle, pre-threaded, and the hemostat he would use to grasp and tie the sutures as he went along.

“Does she really need sutures?” Mick asked, eyeing the needle nervously. He remembered Guillermo stitching up his leg when he was human……not fun. “Won’t these wounds heal on their own?”

“Yes, they would.”, Josef answered, “But the sutures will help the process along significantly by closing the wounds for her. She’ll heal faster this way, and her body will expend less energy to do so.”

Mick nodded. “OK.”

Guillermo worked quickly and smoothly, suturing all the ragged wounds closed…….starting with the largest, and finishing with the smaller ones. “OK…..that’s got the wounds in front,” Guillermo said, “Roll her over.”

Mick carefully log-rolled Beth onto her tummy and turned her face to the side so she could breathe easily. Guillermo repeated his work on the gaping lacerations that covered her back and buttocks. “There……all done.”, he announced proudly as he snipped the end of the last stitch.

Mick gently log-rolled Beth over onto her back again, and then pulled the covers up to her shoulders as Guillermo stepped back. He situated her head comfortably on the pillow, pausing to gently stroke her forehead with one hand, brushing stray hairs out of her face.

Guillermo went back to his E-kit, a few steps away, and withdrew a syringe and a vial of thick, white liquid. He began to draw up an injection.

“What’s that for?”, Mick asked, frowning.

“Penicillin, man, for infection.”, Guillermo answered, not taking his eyes off the syringe that was filling slowly from the vial. “She’s running a high fever already.”

“She doesn’t need that……she doesn’t have an infection.”, Josef said impatiently.

“But the fever…….”, Guillermo began.

“Is completely normal.”, Josef interrupted, “Beth’s metabolism, her entire body, is changing right now on a cellular level……she’s transforming.”

The syringe and vial hit the floor as Guillermo shot backwards at hummingbird speed……his back slamming into the wall on the other side of the bedroom. He flattened himself there, watching Beth with wide, frightened eyes.

Both Josef and Mick blinked at him in surprise.

“What the hell’s wrong with you?!” Mick demanded, brow tightening in irritation.

“Right now?!”, Guillermo asked in a harsh whisper, “She’s transforming right now?! Already?!”

Josef rolled his eyes and smirked at Guillermo. “Not THAT transformation, Gasol. Not yet, at any rate. I was referring to the general resetting and remodeling of her entire system…..from mortal human to immortal werewolf. The fever is a normal part of that process. Her metabolism is in flux……she’s under construction, so to speak.”

“Oh.” Guillermo felt stupid. He forced himself to relax and stepped away from the wall, back towards the bed where Beth lay. “Sorry…..guess I’m alittle nervous.” He grinned apologetically. “So, when will her first…… shift….. happen?”

Josef shrugged and looked at his watch. It was almost dawn. “Probably in another 24 to 48 hours, roughly, if she follows the usual pattern.” He sighed, watching Beth sleep for a moment, and then exchanged glances with Mick and Guillermo. “We’ve done all we can for now. She needs to sleep, and so do we. And…..I have some very important arrangements to make before I hit the ice box.” He turned to Guillermo. “Come back early tonight to recheck your patient, and remove her stitches.”

Guillermo nodded and began gathering up his equipment, glad to be dismissed for now.

Josef turned to Mick, who had stretched out on the bed beside Beth. “There’s a freezer room adjoining this bedroom. We can either chill that entire room, or we can leave the door open and just have a freezer case put inside that room. Whichever you would prefer.”

Mick smiled at his friend. “The freezer case eventually, with the adjoining door open…..but for now…..I’m going to sleep right here next to Beth.”

Josef frowned. “Not a good idea, buddy. You’re exhausted…..you need the cold…..and you need a large meal.”

“I’ll take the large meal…..as long as it’s not still kicking……”

“My girls never kick.”

“You know what I mean.”

Josef folded his arms across his chest and glared at Mick. “When you do this, you cheat the donors out of the pleasure your endorphins would give them during feeding. Ever think about that?”

“They’ll get over it.” Mick responded, sounding very tired.

“Fine…..have it your way……I’ll have a couple freshly donated bottles sent down for you. But you should sleep in an ice box….you need the cold.”

“I’m staying right here beside Beth. I want to be close in case she wakes up.”

Josef sighed. His young friend was much too stubborn for his own good. “Alright…..but just today…..OK?” He quirked an eyebrow and shook a parental finger at Mick. “Tomorrow morning..…..Ice Box. And no arguments, or I’ll have Karl stuff you in one. He’ll love that…..it’ll make the big guy’s day!” Josef grinned wickedly at Mick.

Mick smiled tiredly and nodded, laying his head on the pillow beside Beth. She was breathing easily, and her pulse was steady and strong. He sighed with relief……she was going to be OK.

MLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLML*****************************

Josef escorted Guillermo out of the Newbie Suite through the large living room, exiting through its secure sally-port doors.
Karl was waiting outside the Suite, in its small antechamber area. He nodded to Josef, dropping his eyes in submission.

“Karl,” Josef said coolly, “Please have a couple of the girls donate two bottles for Mick, and then bring them down to him promptly. He’s been through a lot.”

Karl nodded his understanding and headed up the stairs to carry out his employer’s instructions.

Josef watched him go, and then turned to Guillermo. “Come on, Gasol. I’ll show you the door.”

MLMLMLMLMLMLMLML*******************************

Alittle while later, after every other vamp in the house was sound asleep for the day, Josef dialed his phone and waited while it rang. He hoped it wasn’t too early in the morning for his human associate……he doubted it…..the man was a rancher. They always got up early. After a few rings, the call was picked up.

“Vince? Yeah, it’s Josef. Listen, I need to impose on your services in a big way, and quickly. I have a……situation.”

MLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLML*****************************

The next thing Beth became aware of was Mick’s scent, very close……followed by the feeling of a soft mattress and sheets beneath her.

She felt better……she didn’t hurt so much now. She struggled to open her eyes, and after a brief argument with them, she succeeded. She found she was lying on her back in a large, well-appointed bedroom that she didn’t recognize.

She cautiously turned her head to look at Mick. He was asleep beside her, snuggled up next to her under the covers. She smiled weakly.

Her eyes traced the room, where were they? She inhaled……and then she remembered the shower……and Guillermo, and Josef. Both their scents still hung in the air. So…..that wasn’t a dream. This must be somewhere in Josef’s house……

She didn’t know…..it was all too much to deal with right now……she was so tired……

She slowly and carefully turned onto her side, facing Mick. He didn’t stir. To anyone else, he would have seemed dead…..no heartbeat, no breathing……cool to the touch……

But Beth suddenly realized she could now sense a pulse, of sorts, in Mick. His heart wasn’t beating, but it didn’t need to……Beth could hear his blood surging through his vessels without the assistance of a heartbeat. If she concentrated, she could hear the vessels themselves contracting and relaxing in a steady rhythm throughout Mick’s body, pushing his blood along.

She could smell, feel, hear……..she didn’t know…..but she could sense it…….oxygen being absorbed passively through Mick’s skin. His lungs didn’t have to work to provide oxygen to his body…….his skin, the body’s largest organ, had the task well in hand. She smiled……vampires were such amazing creatures.

Looking past Mick, she saw two empty bottles on the nightstand on his side of the bed. They both had red residue in the bottoms. She inhaled……human blood, two different females…..Mick had been fed…..that was good.

She sighed, feeling exhausted…..unable to keep her eyes open any longer. She wondered dimly, before drifting off to sleep again, why she could detect scents….. and hear things…… so well now………

MLMLMLMLMLMLML**********************************

Beth awoke to the sound of Mick’s voice in the next room. He was greeting someone. Before she even realized what she was doing, she caught herself scenting the air……Guillermo and Josef…..she remembered their scents from the shower…..they had both just entered……wherever it was that she was……..

She realized that she was nude under the covers, and pulled them up under her chin.

Mick tapped politely on the bedroom door. “Are you descent, sweetheart? Your Doctor is here.” He cracked the door and peeked in, smiling at her. “Oh, wonderful! You’re awake!” Still confused, she smiled back, and nodded.

Mick opened the door and ushered a very nervous Guillermo inside, followed by Josef.

“Hey Beth!”, Guillermo said, trying to sound cheerful, “How’s my favorite land-shark this evening?”

Land-shark? What the hell? Beth eyed him, uncertain. Guillermo was afraid…..she could smell it…..just like in the shower…..but now, he seemed to be afraid of her. Why would Guillermo be afraid of her? And why could she smell it? Nothing made sense.

Sensing her confusion, Mick spoke up. “It’s OK, Beth. Guillermo just needs to take your stitches out.”

Stitches? What stitches? Beth lifted the covers just enough to peer down the length of her body. Oh……my gosh……those stitches! OK. She looked up and nodded at Guillermo.

Approaching cautiously, Guillermo knelt on in the thick carpet beside the bed and pulled the suture removal kit out of his backpack. He set the kit on the nightstand and opened it up. It was a simple affair, a hooked suture-removal scissors, a tweezers, a few antiseptic pads and some squares of gauze.

“I’m…..gonna have to……uhm….. get at the….. areas…. where the sutures are…”, Guillermo stammered, suddenly uncomfortable with Beth’s nudity, now that she was conscious, and watching him so intently with those big blue eyes of hers. To make matters worse, he could feel Josef’s eyes boring holes into the back of his head. Wow…..this was awkward! He nervously cleared his throat.

Beth blinked at Guillermo, and then peeked under the covers again down the length of her body. She was covered with stitches……her entire torso..….there was no modest way to do this…….

She looked up. “Josef…..step outside please.”

Josef opened his mouth to protest, but was stopped cold by a glare from Mick. He nodded and left the bedroom.
Last edited by lionsonleashes on Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:53 am, edited 7 times in total.
LIONS (Beautiful Banner by MoonlitRose)
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: FULL MOONLIGHT---Ch 12----Healing.

Post by redwinter101 »

Hey, Lions :)

I'm so happy to see this story here and to have the chance to catch up. As always, you do the details so well - I particularly liked Beth's thoughts during the shower - so confused, but distant, unable to focus.

Just lovely.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
lionsonleashes
Freelance freshie

Post by lionsonleashes »

redwinter101 wrote:Hey, Lions :)

I'm so happy to see this story here and to have the chance to catch up. As always, you do the details so well - I particularly liked Beth's thoughts during the shower - so confused, but distant, unable to focus.

Just lovely.

Red
Hi Red! :)
Thank you soooo much! Your praise means a great deal to me! :D
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

What a great update.
I particularly liked when Beth was wondering who else would come in and view her naked body--even hurt and out of it, she still has a sense of humor!
lionsonleashes
Freelance freshie

Post by lionsonleashes »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:What a great update.
I particularly liked when Beth was wondering who else would come in and view her naked body--even hurt and out of it, she still has a sense of humor!
Thanks Lisa! :D
Yeah....that's our Beth! She can keep up with Josef in the snarky dept! :lol:
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Fabulous detail once again lions :D
Beth's thoughts throughout this were spot on :D
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
lionsonleashes
Freelance freshie

Post by lionsonleashes »

coco wrote:Fabulous detail once again lions :D
Beth's thoughts throughout this were spot on :D
Thanks so much Coco! :D
jen
Cleaner

Re: FULL MOONLIGHT---Ch 12----Healing. (PG-13)

Post by jen »

Lions

This is wonderful. No surprise there. Beth's healing and gradual transition is fascinaing. She has heard Josef's story about Phelan, so she should have confidence in his knowledge. But I am having a hard time with the granddaughter-of-a-werewolf- hunter-turned-werewolf concept/ And what about her gradual inclusion into vampire society? To say nothing of her relationship to Mick.

Enough talking. Off to find the next chapter!

Thanks, Lions!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

bump

:bump: :bump: :bump:
lionsonleashes
Freelance freshie

Post by lionsonleashes »

Thanks Jen! :hug: :rose:

Beth, as a new werewolf, is also still the grand-daughter of a werewolf hunter. Being a werewolf hunter is not genetic, but the AO-Neg special abilitites are...... While still human, Beth noticed she could sense the visual survelience of the dark werewolf on them....and even reach out and touch its mind & intentions. That ability was what the AO-Neg bloodtype gives to humans, and was shared between Beth and her Grandpa, as they shared the same rare bloodtype. As Josef explains, its what made Beth's Grandpa such a great werewolf hunter......he had a built in werewolf proximity-detector, and so did Beth.

But, now Beth is a werewolf.....so what will the AO-Neg "effect" be in a werewolf??? No one knows yet! :snicker:

Talk to you later! :flowers:
Lions :mooncat:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Shock is Beth's friend right now. She doesn't know what is happening, and that is a good thing right now.

Someone should call her office. She is not going to be going in to work for a while.

Love how Mick, Josef and Guillermo are taking care of her right now.

Thanks!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Love the quiet intensity of this chapter.

The harrowing, nail biting tension whipped up by the werewolf on the hunt for dinner is behind us for now as a new, potentially scarier scenario unfolds.

Whether Beth realizes it yet or not, Josef and Mick have things well in hand===for the moment.

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Poor Beth is so confused. She might think she has become a vampire. I wonder if she will get the idea of being a were now.
lionsonleashes
Freelance freshie

Post by lionsonleashes »

Thanks for your awesome feedbacks, Jen & Francis! :ghug: :curtsey:
Yup, Josef and Mick, with Guillermo's help nervous help, have Beth's aftercares well in hand. And no....Beth is in lala land right now.....her mind and body are in a uproar of healing and change. She has no clue what's happened to her yet. :brow:

Return to “lionsonleashes' Office”