Moonlight Treasure Swap

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Moonlight Treasure Swap

Post by allegrita »

Our own HotMicks sent me a PM a while ago, suggesting that we create a thread where people can share favorite Moonlight sites, pictures, articles, and any other treasures they might know about... so that we can have a central place to post them.

So... got a favorite site bookmarked? A place you discovered long ago and meant to share, but never got around to it? Post the links, and a short description, here. We might copy some of them to other threads as well, but for now, let's just gather as many treasures here as we can. Don't worry about whether or not it's already posted elsewhere on this site; we'd rather have duplicates than miss out on any hidden gems.

I'll start us out with a wonderful treasure -- SpoilerTV UK has a Moonlight archive: http://spoilertv.co.uk/images/archived- ... /moonlight

This site has promo pics, many of them in large format and without watermarks. If you look around the site, you'll find links to lots of other shows you might be interested in - such as Veronica Mars, Three Rivers, and Hawaii Five-0.
jen
Cleaner

Re: Moonlight Treasure Swap

Post by jen »

Lovely pictures!!!

Sigh. What might have been...

but look what WAS!
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

GREAT "mining", thanks for the excellent thread.
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

It is already after midnight here, a wonderful cool summer night...and this is the best place to celebrate Alex's birthday for me, getting small tastes of Moonlight!!
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Hee! I totally forgot about this, Alle. Mind like a steel trap and all... :roll:

After just a quick rifle through my Internet scrapbook, I guess I'll start off with these two.
First is well, a VERY special moment for me... the day I met Alex! :thud: Here's a May 5, 2008 TV Guide clip on the blood drive that was held at the Paley Center in April 2008. I'm laying on the gurney behind this woman. Thankfully none of the pics with me were published, or you would see my totally dumbfounded expression (anyone who's ever met Alex will totally understand this reaction). No spoilers :biggrin: , just saving board real estate.
Spoiler:
And how to follow that up? How 'bout some kidding around from both our main guys, with the story behind the flower shoes and the infamous "I can mullet right now. RIGHT NOW" quote from Alex? (As we have witnessed in that one early-career pic. He actually can mullet! :snicker: )

PopWatch Duel: 'Moonlight"s Alex O'Loughlin vs. Jason Dohring
Apr 25 2008 02:35 PM ET
http://popwatch.ew.com/2008/04/25/moonlight-ale-1/

ETA: to fix link
Last edited by HotMicks on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ohhhh.... :melts: :melts: :melts: probably just as well that you were lying down when you met him. :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh: Did he talk to you? :heart:

And omg, I'd forgotten that Popwatch thing! Alex's uses for velcro just cracked me up!!! :rolling:
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

^ Yes, I was lying down, and thank Bob (!) because as he walked up to me, I was lying at, shall we say, "belt buckle" level - and I was not mentally prepared for that when it happened! :thud: And yes, he did talk to me (shook my hand even), but me to him? Not so much. Let's just say I was speechless. Someday I will relate here the full story of this brief encounter, because it was quite funny, really.

Anyway, more goodies to share. :rose:

Here's a flyer from Paley that's for the "new season" premieres (ie, even earlier than when we all went to Paley). Nothing exciting here, but just posting it for "historical" purposes. In spoiler tags due to size.
Spoiler:
Here's an interview with Alex from Nov. 2007 at TV Addict:

http://www.thetvaddict.com/2007/11/23/t ... oloughlin/

This is a blog archive of several blogs a woman wrote about a set visit to Moonlight. This is the second page of the archive, if you're really a glutton for punishment, she has a bunch of blogs about each episode on the first page of the archives.

http://www.pinkraygun.com/category/on-s ... ht/page/2/

And here is Monsters and Critics' Moonlight archive. If you click on the "articles" tab, they have quite an extensive list of links to Moonlight news articles (interviews, etc.):

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/small ... ight/10865

Also, I finally broke down and created a "hotmicks" YouTube account just so I could upload this video. As I say in the YouTube description, I have no idea who created this video, but I'm sure someone still on the boards does, so I'm hoping to identify and credit the creator. This is my ALL-TIME favorite EVAH Moonlight related video: Alex Hamster Dance. Many of you are familiar with this, but I know the original YouTube link I had went dead, and someone else last year mentioned their link was now dead too, so I'm really grateful I had already downloaded this to my hard drive by the time the link went dead. Now that I've re-uploaded it, it can live on at YouTube for all posterity. :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLohfgFbBR8

Enjoy the Moonlight-y goodness!

Last edited by HotMicks on Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, thank you, HotMicks! I'd read that wonderful interview with Alex long ago, but I'd lost track of it. I love the things he says about what attracted him to the character of Mick... it really does come down to empathy, doesn't it? :happysigh:

Although I totally disagree with him about Mick and Beth getting together. :winky:

Hey, does anybody remember the episode recap for Fever where the woman talked about the tofu ice cubes? I would love to find that again... I was hoping it was the Pink Raygun one, but I checked, and it wasn't.

Here's a cool one: a blog about the New York Comic Con panel: http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2008/04/20/n ... ght-panel/

And it includes a very cute (although somewhat blurry) pic of Alex and Jason: http://geeksofdoom.com/GoD/img/2008/new ... ght_lg.jpg
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

I have a lot of catching up on this thread to do, but in the duel between Alex and Jason, Jason's last response was amazing (and he wasn't even talking about Moonlight!!!!)
Art’s the kinda thing that stays with people. You emotionally invest people and you emotionally invest yourself in something, and then it lasts. That’s pretty amazing, actually, isn’t it?
Yeah. It totally is...
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Read another article from TVAddict and saw some intriguing hints about old vampires and the mythology that was going to be revealed. We were to be given glimpses in the origins of vampires and this sounds huge!!! Did anyone ever find out anything else about that?

Of course, this all happened when I didn't know Moonlight existed, but at the time they apparently felt there was no way they would not come back for a second season. Sigh. :melts: :hankie:
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

Oh what a great idea for a thread. Lot's of treasures here thank you ladies. :hug:

Here is my little nugget to contribute: :woohoo:

Now I was never fortunate enough to go to the Moonlight Comic Con and only got to see the clips on YT of Alex and Jason being all snarky and cute.
But thanks to this article "Pop'n'fresh" April 20, 2008 Day Three: Moonlight Boys at Comic Con they have the complete audio of the event :yahoo:
Just scroll down to the bottom just before the comments there is a link in three parts. If you are able to save them they will be a treasure you can keep forever :teeth:

http://www.reviewtimes.typepad.com/popn ... moonl.html
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Ooh, Kath, I didn't even know this existed. All I've seen are a few YouTube vids, but they're short and don't include the whole session. Thanks for sharing this! I'm gonna have to set aside some time soon to listen to it. After all, that's the event where Alex learned about "snark." :snicker:

And Jen, it used to make me sad to read those optimistic quotes from the cast, but now it just leaves me with such a feeling of admiration for them, because we know how effed up things were behind the camera and yet they really never let on about any of that. And that quote from Jason just shows what a true artist he is - it's all about connection, not commerce. Hollywood in general would do better if they'd remember that. :hearts:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

That Pop'n'Fresh article, audio and pics are courtesy of one of our very own members. :hearts:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Bumping this, as it's the perfect day to share treasures!!

And I'll share what is still my favorite Mick video, by darkfrogf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dRmy4h_IXQ
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Thanks for keeping it alive, Alle! :smooch: I'll have to check the vid out.

Okay Alex freaks ( :snicker: ) and Moonlightaholics, here are two of the oldest Alex interviews I have in my stash. The links in the file are dead ( :sadface: ) and I tried to find live links for both through the papers' search engines, but no luck. So I have "JPEG'd" 'em for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy! :thumbs:

(in spoiler tags due to size)

From The Herald (Australia), Alex O'Loughlin talks about his role in Moonlight 12/5/2007:
Spoiler:
And from Perth Now (also, obviously, Australia), New Blood 1/11/2008:
Spoiler:
ETA: btw, as you'll notice, the inaccuracies go back all the way to the beginning. I hooted at the "tattoo application" sentence. :rolling:
Last edited by HotMicks on Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “100% Moonlight”