Moonlight joy!!!

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Moonlight joy!!!

Post by redwinter101 »

Okay, here's the deal.

We loved Moonlight.

Moonlight got cancelled. :Mickangel:

We were distraught. We fought. We raged. We cried.

BUT...

We still have 16 episodes and oceans of glorious fanfic and pics and caps and the cast's future projects and music and the FoS and the clothes and the noir and Josef and Guillermo and Bobby Desmond and fight scenes and interviews and reviews and promos and fanvids and banners and icons and Kasa Kostan and snark and Fever and Mick's lighter and Logan and Leeroy Jenkins and the Cleaner and the Benz and the Ferrari and freshies and true love and our own Moonlight language and the rotunda and poker night and the Red Room and the party house and the cure and Travis... and, and, and... and simply the best programme ever.

It touched our hearts. It made us new friends. BFFs. It encouraged us to travel the world.

And Mick.

We will ALWAYS have Mick.

So take a moment to celebrate. Feel the joy - don't be a Debbie Downer. We found something wonderful and marvellous and touching and shared and eternal. Yes, I confess, I'm a little weary of being downcast about 'no more Moonlight'. We have so much to be thankful for.

Smile - it's a Moonlight moment.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: Moonlight joy!!!

Post by PNWgal »

Amen, Red. :hug:

Moonlight changed so many aspects of my life and introduced me to so many wonderful people that I can't be sad at losing it. I gained so much, not the least of which was being introduced to some Australian guy who created a character that will ALWAYS live on in my heart. :heart:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Pretty much what they said. There are darn few shows--actually only the one--that I could watch every episode of as many dozens of times as I have Moonlight.

And I frequently say, ML changed my life. For the better. It's not a sometime thing for me, but as with many of the rest of you, it's something that surrounds me every day. Every night. In my dreams, and in my waking thoughts, the beauty, the mystery, the romance, and the power of Moonlight live on.

If this is obsession, well, that's all right. To quote someone we all know and a lot of us love, "everyone needs a hobby."

Lucky
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

:ghug:

coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

:heart: :heart:

Couldn't agree more. I will be forever thankful for those 16 episodes.

My friends who I convinced to tune in and watch the show along with me laugh at me that I'm still obsessed over it. They think my fanvid creations are odd but I've come to realise they just don't get it and that's OK because I always know who does get it. :hearts: :hearts:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

You know it, coco, dear heart. :heart:

Red

PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

coco wrote: They think my fanvid creations are odd but I've come to realise they just don't get it and that's OK because I always know who does get it. :hearts: :hearts:
Oh coco...I SO get it. :smooch: I feel the same way when it comes to my fic. People might not get why I still write it...but you guys do. And that's enough. :ghug:

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

:hyper2: <= me, because I have Moonlight in my life.

'Nuf said. :teeth:

Well, I could add: Image :bulb: :snicker: :rolling: :hearts: :heart: :ghug: :coffee: and Image just for good measure.

To all you wonderful people who "get it"... Image
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Moonlight has changed my life. I'm not kidding.

:notworthy: It introduced me to Alex, Sophia, Jason, Shannyn, Jacob, David, and all the rest... and also to Trevor, Ron, Jill, Ethan, Kyra, and the other amazing writers who helped create our show.
:batseyes: It introduced me to the set-design genius of Alfred Sole, the costume-design genius of Salvador Perez, and the other amazing designers and behind-the-scenes geniuses that gave our show its wonderful look.
:mdrama: It got me interested in how Hollywood works: ratings, contracts, show politics, and all the rest.
:reading: It introduced me to some of the best stories I've ever read. I love Moonlight's fanfic writers. :rose:
:quill: And it turned me into a fic writer! (Only fanfic, so far... but you never know.) :brow:
:happysigh: It inspired me to write poetry for the first time in years.
:2eyes: It brought me the joys of watching the amazing videos created by fans, who are among the most creative people around.
:type: It led me to find out about blogging, and forums, and MySpace, and Facebook, and fandom in general... the ups and downs of it all have been truly amazing.
:ghug: It introduced me to a fandom of diverse, wonderful people, who have taught me a huge amount about lots and lots of things, only some of which have anything to do with the show or vampires.
:ghug: Through Moonlight, I have met and made friends with people all over the world.
:grouphug: Moonlight inspired me to attend a fan convention for the first time since oh... 1974 or so... :whistle:
:bulb: Looking at all the wonderful Moonlight-inspired fan art got me to try my own pathetic hand at banner-making. (Don't laugh - this is pretty good for someone with no artistic ability whatsoever!) :laugh: I love the Moonlight fan artists, you rock!
:phones: It introduced me to some really, really amazing music, and expanded my musical horizon in a major way.
:heart: Because of this show, I became a marrow donor.
:coffee: It taught me about snark.
:sigh: Moonlight broke my heart. But it also put it back together again, and that's nothing to sneeze at.
:dizzy: And OMG, it inspired me to become the owner-admin of a freakin' fan forum! WTF, man?!?? :eek2:

I could go on with this list forever, but I guess I've made my point, to misquote my favorite hedge fund trader. :teeth: But I'm sure I'll have a lot more joy to share. Because it's true - this show has given me so much to be happy about, and proud about, and grateful for. :rose:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

And it vastly increased your repertoire of smilies... :giggle: :ghug:

Red

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

coco wrote: :heart: :heart:

Couldn't agree more. I will be forever thankful for those 16 episodes.

My friends who I convinced to tune in and watch the show along with me laugh at me that I'm still obsessed over it. They think my fanvid creations are odd but I've come to realise they just don't get it and that's OK because I always know who does get it. :hearts: :hearts:
Oh sweetie, I so understand what you mean. Almost no one outside of this place understands my love of the show. They edge away from me when I begin to wax rhapsodical. They ask me why I'm wasting my writing talent on a dead show when I could write novels.) :eyeroll:

But here, among my peeps, I can be me. Because you all get it, and I get all of you. I'm so grateful for you all. :heart: :heart: :heart:

ETA:
redwinter101 wrote:And it vastly increased your repertoire of smilies... :giggle: :ghug:
True. :blushing: How did I ever write without them?? :snicker:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

The love I have for Moonlight is very special. I've passionately loved other shows, devoured fanfic, etc but it's different for me and Moonlight.

As much as I love Moonlight I've probably only seen each episode six to ten times. They were that rich and complete to me.

Moonlight helped me find my voice in many ways. I am an extremely shy person in "real" life and will always have difficulty with meeting new people in person but I was a complete lurker on all message boards I was involved in. Even if I loved the show I rarely spoke. Check my post count I'm a bit of a chatty Cathy. :snicker: Moonlight is the first fandom I ever wrote fanfic in. I enjoy daily the freshie doll world I've created because of this show and I've rediscovered my love for the camera.

I've worked in the television world for almost twenty-three years and been in the fandom world for twenty-nine years. I have been on many television rollercoasters but this one has been the best.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Oh, Carol, I'm giving you the biggest smoochy hug. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Without Moonlight, I'd never have met you - or your vast range of interests and expertise - or the dolls. 'Nuff said.

Red

PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

Red... :laugh: Alle, I love how you told your story in smileys! :smooch:

I love what you said about becoming a bone marrow donor. The Con in '08 prompted me to give blood for the first time in a decade, and I've been giving it up for Mick pretty regularly ever since. :heart:

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Cassy, you and the dolls bring joy into my life almost every day. I love your stories. :smooch:

And Pgal, it's just so easy to give blood when you think about Mick, isn't it? :melts: :happysigh:

Return to “100% Moonlight”