Moonlight joy!!!

GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Re: Moonlight joy!!!

Post by GuardianAngel »

Ditto. Ditto. Ditto.

Nothing like being in the company of other people that 'get it'. :snicker:

Moonlight made me fall in love and broke my heart. But better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all, right? They ended the show but they can never take away the characters they gave us. They live on in us. There is never a day that goes by that my mind does not bring up some aspect of Moonlight. I still listen to the music and imagine the scenes. I'll be driving and imagine new scenes.

For me (and I believe for most of you as well), Moonlight is magic. And it will always be a part of me.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

What a cool thread. :cloud9:

I gotta say, I found my peaceful place with ML about a year ago, after all that crazy and all that anger and all that mourning, and it felt really good. Like I could finally breathe. :phew:

I think part of the reason for that, is that it finally seemed like Alex might have some success. I just loved him as Mick, but when I checked out all his other stuff... (didn't we all? :giggle: )... I realized that I also really loved Alex. I always really credited HIM for my connection to ML. I loved all the same stuff ya'll did about the show, but truth be told, had someone else played Mick, I wouldn't be here now. Never would have been here.

So a year ago, I kinda moved on, contentedly, with him. I don't mean I don't still love ML, but I don't mourn it anymore. I'm ok that it's gone, save for re's, and that the fate and adventures of its characters now reside here, in our library, and that the only way I can see
them is in my mind's eye, thru our writers' awesome words. :happysigh:

And I am delighted that the man who gifted us with Mick St. John lives and works and succeeds, at least in some little teeny tiny part, because of the noise we made in his behalf and the support that we, on this fan site, have continued to show him and his castmates. I think Mick would be pleased, cuz I am SURE that Mick is an Alex fan too, and that he and Josef are watching 5-0, and waiting for that Sonny movie. Also real sure he read Trevor's book. I think he wants a hat like the one Mick Angel wore. :biggrin:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Grace, you are so right. It is okay that we "get over" the cancellation of the show, and that we enjoy watching all our favorites grow. We now have Moonlight and so much more.

For me, Moonlight is the gift that keeps giving. It is the first, and only, television show that I've ever become invested in. When it comes to Moonlight the past tense is often used, probably because of the shortage of new episodes. Here are some presents, for me, of this show, and this fandom. Gifts that are important and relevant right here, right now.

I am:
- Reading fiction again. Thanks folks for all the great stories and keep them coming
- Understanding the value of good acting.
- Writing, (painfully) slowly maybe, but I'm writing again
- Improving my writing - thanks to my betas and to folks' wonderful feedback
- Participating in a fandom (Oh God. I can't believe I just said that.)
- Learning - A lot. Y'all are so amazing and generous in sharing your talents and experience and expertise.
- Laughing - Even more. Lovin the snarksters
- Meeting fantastic people, virtually and in RL
- Getting stronger. One of the most amazing things about this community is the way we egg each other on uh, encourage each other in all our endeavors. How many folks are getting more healthy in the diet and exercise zone?

When this all started Moonlight used to be my guilty pleasure - but no more. I am an unapologetic Moonlightaholic, and waaaay better off for it.
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
MoonlitRose
Fledgling

Post by MoonlitRose »

:heart: I "get it". :twothumbs: :ghug: :heart:

I've learned so many new things through my participation in the ML fandom! I 've tried new software and learned more about technology and social media, than I ever thought possible. Heck, ... I had never even made a banner before in my life until ML!!!! ML has inspired something deep inside, to come out of hiding and not be embarrased about it, or the learning curve that comes with trying something new. :yes:

I've made valued new friends, and know that I can come to MLA, when ever I can, and feel right at home. :bulb:

I "get it". I really, really do! :hearts: :heart: :ghug:
-MoonlitRose
To view additional Graphic Art by MoonlitRose.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Grace, your post really made me think. I guess I've moved on without moving on, if that's possible. I don't have any illusions about Moonlight coming back on my screens, at least not with the original cast. (Maybe in 25 years or so, it'll get "rebooted"... and us old fans will all be upset that they'd dare to remake our show!) :winky: I'm happily following the people who made Moonlight in their subsequent work (or waiting impatiently for it, in some cases). But I haven't moved on from Moonlight in the most fundamental sense. I still spend an inordinate amount of my life thinking about the show, the characters, the nuances. I build on what we got in the 16 episodes, and on what some of our amazing writers and artists have created here and elsewhere in the fandom, to make stories about it. I still pore over pictures tirelessly... and I'm still finding new things to appreciate after all this time. I dream about Moonlight sometimes... how cool is that?!

Yeah, part of that is probably because I'm so invested in running this forum. If I didn't spend hours a day here, maybe my interest in Moonlight would have faded somewhat. But I do spend hours a day here. Willingly. Joyfully, to use the wonderful term Red gave us for this topic. I haven't moved on from that joy, and I don't have any intention of doing so. At least not for the foreseeable future. I love my obsession. And I love my friends that I share it with. :ghug: :hearts:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

:yes: :yes: :yes:

I find myself nodding with each post.

We get it!

Thanks!
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Nodding, nodding, nodding.

I guess my point with this thread was the thing many of you have mentioned. Moonlight brought so many wonderful things into our lives, I hate to think of it with sadness.

It was, is, and always will be, a GOOD thing.

So, you know, celebrate, and all that jazz. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Or I should have said...

We get it....it's a lot to get!
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Alle, Grace, Jen, you are all so right on. Well put.

Red, Thanks for this thread. It is a great reminder of the present joys Moonlight still provides to all of us.
redwinter101 wrote:Nodding, nodding, nodding.

I guess my point with this thread was the thing many of you have mentioned. Moonlight brought so many wonderful things into our lives, I hate to think of it with sadness.

It was, is, and always will be, a GOOD thing.

So, you know, celebrate, and all that jazz. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Red
Amen to that!
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo

Return to “100% Moonlight”