Moonlight is one of EW's 25 shows that got a quick hook

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Moonlight is one of EW's 25 shows that got a quick hook

Post by redwinter101 »

The cancellation of Lone Star (first on this list) has got journos all nostalgic about shows they loved that got cancelled too soon.

Moonlight is second on the list. :hearts: :heart: It's the usual mix of classics and WTFs - and Firefly's in there too. :Mickangel:

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20430369_2,00.html

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Moonlight is one of EW's 25 shows that got a quick hook

Post by allegrita »

Wow... there were some old faves (Briscoe County!) and some that I really couldn't stand, and quite a few that I don't remember at all... :shrug:

But our show, our little show, :hearts: was #2. Which is really #1, since Lone Star was #1, simply because it inspired them to think of the list at all.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Ya know... did EW even recommend our show when it WAS on? :slaphead:
Cos oh yeah, EASY to be on the bandwagon now... :roll:

I mean, yes, it oughta be on that list and at LEAST at #2...
...but who really supported it, besides us and Matt whatever his name was and Kristen back then?
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I liked Journeyman, but after a few episodes it went blah. No character development and it was the same old. It was more boring than Quantum Leap, and they couldn’t decide quite what they wanted to make of this.

Aliens in America is such a great concept. We have a similar sitcom in Germany that would have been cancelled if it wasn’t on the main subventioned network.
Life on Mars sounds interesting, too.

I don’t like the picture they chose for Moonlight, and the description only talks about the before-the-vampire-craze fact. That’s not what made Moonlight worth watching, folks! This critic never even saw the show, it seems.
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

Thanks for the link. I added my comment although it became a reply to someone elses not the reply to the article that I wanted it to be. I really think Moonlight might have made it if CBS had given it more publicity but mainly if it had not been the year of a long writers strike. That was the kiss of death for a number of shows. I am glad we were fortunate enough to get 16 episodes not 2. While I didn't watch Lone Star, I don't think it makes sense to cancel a show after just two episodes.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.

Return to “100% Moonlight”