Moonlight Q & A

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: What month was little Beth kidnapped?

Post by francis »

I always had the impression that Coraline planned this to be some wedding anniversary gift for Mick, but I don't know when the wedding was either. It would work as a birthday present for Mick, too, as in November. It would be creepy if they married on Halloween, don't you think? Just a thought...
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Moonlight Q & A

Post by redwinter101 »

So, I had a Moonlight question and I needed an answer. After spending a while pondering the best place to ask, it seemed like a good idea to start a thread for questions about all things Moonlight (and I know it'll be helpful for all our writers - we always need help with details!).

Not sure when Josef was born? Where is Beth's apartment? What was the name of a particular guest actor?

Any and all questions welcome here - because there will always be someone who has the answer you need.

So here's my question to get us started:

In WLB, the taxi that collects Mick and Ray as they ship out has a very distinctive badge:

At first I thought the building might be the FoS! But with the other buildings in the foreground, it seems unlikely. Does anyone know if this building is real, and if so, what it is?

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: Moonlight Q & A

Post by Lilly »

It's Los Angeles City Hall, Red. :thumbs: I never notice that emblem before -- very cool.

Another angle from wikipedia:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File: ... _edit1.jpg
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Woot! And the first question gets an immediate answer. Thanks, Lilly :flowers:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

:giggle: Perhaps you should re-title the thread "Ask Lilly."
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
AggieVamp
Rogue vampire

Post by AggieVamp »

wpgrace wrote::giggle: Perhaps you should re-title the thread "Ask Lilly."
:rolling:
Yes, because Lilly is an info-maniac! :) She knows ALL the cool stuff!

Karen
Banner by HotMicks

Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional - and I Opt NOT to Grow Up!
:petcat: :petcat:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

:blushing:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I've got a question, and I'm embarrassed that I don't know the answer. Mick grew up in the West Adams district of LA. But where exactly is West Adams? What makes it a distinct neighborhood? And what has become of it in the present day--is it still a nice middle-class area or has it gone up or down in the world?
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Alle, there's an excellent wikipedia article where I looked up exactly the same question when the show was on:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Adams,_Los_Angeles

From what I gathered there, the St. Johns and Fordhams must have been well off businessmen.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Wow--thank you, francis! :hug: I should have known.... Wikipedia knows everything. :hearts:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I have a question regarding Sleeping Beauty. Sarah was hooked up to all those monitoring machines. Did any of them ever do anything but flatline? I noticed the flatlines last week when I watched and I was wondering if any of them were monitoring brain wave activity. Was there ever a blip on those machines to give Josef hope?
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Carol, I did a lot of research on this a couple of years ago. I do know that none of the machines were "keeping her alive." There was was machine that appeared to be a ventilator, but she wasn't hooked up to it. She did have a pulse oximeter attached to one of her fingers. This devise would measure the level of oxygen saturation in her blood. I'd have to look again, but I thought I saw an indication of a pulse on the monitor on the far side of the bed. Also, Paula seems to be taken her pulse when they enter the room. I've always felt that she really was in a coma and thus had a heartbeat. She just doesn't age -- or regain consciousness.

ETA:

ETA again: They were not monitoring brain wave activity in that scene, so we just don't know where she stands on that front.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
SharonC
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SharonC »

I have a question, why do MOST of the vampires have a cut on their bottom lip when they turn...did they perhaps get too excited when they first got their fangs? any ideas as I'm intrigued?
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I guess they tried to give the vampire a more corpse-like look. But mainly I think it's just that the make-up won't stick there. :snicker: They just couldn't conceal that there are natural nooks and crannies in your lips.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I think you're right, francis. I figure it started out as corpse-pale lips and then the little cracks kept showing (they should've used lipstick!) so they put in those cracks to make the lips look a little bit... eew... decayed.

Return to “100% Moonlight”