Moonlight Q & A

bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Re: Love Lasts Forever question

Post by bluedahlia3 »

Exactly! You would have thought she'd have done a 'guilty thoughts...OMG' take.
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
MoonMad
Fledgling

Post by MoonMad »

More than any other episode, the characterisation was off in this one. There was a very contrived feel here that really set my teeth on edge. Answering the door half dressed was just the start. I also HATED the way Beth totally treated Mick like he was an afterthought, whereas a week before she would have crawled over Josh's cold and lifeless body to get to him. I understand she was having a crisis of faith after SB, but she was still too offhand and glib with Mick here. Even after having her and Josh make love was there really a need to have her wiggle her fingers at him through the window in that cutesy way? I felt like gagging. She and Josh had never behaved that way before, and to have her doing it in front of Mick - just unbelievable. And having Josh walk out of the house like that unprotected, with ALL the cops inside with Mick and Beth was ridiculous. I know the threat was to Beth, but still, to leave Josh exposed like that in the street was BEYOND incompetent.

I would have hated this episode if it hadn't been for that wonderful scene in Griffith Park (and all the scenes after that). Everything hit the right note there for me. But before...ugh! :banghead:

I don't know, perhaps it's just because I hated the idea of Beth cooling off on Mick, but I really feel the contrived characterisation tag fits, despite that.
VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

I totally agree that Beth and Josh were OOC for most of the episode. Definitely. But the last 15 minutes are what make this episode a stand out for me. The fast paced action, the pure emotion from the actors, makes the last 15 minutes of this episode the most heart wrenching one of all 16. The emotions between Mick and Beth while trying to save Josh, then later at Beth's apartment, just about ripped my heart out. I just can't watch the end without a box of tissues nearby. I also felt that took the easy way out in "getting rid" of Josh. So while I can pick apart most of the episode for being so far out there in left field when it comes to character analysis, I can forgive all of it for the unbelievably moving ending. The end of this episode totally changed the dynamic of the storyline for me.
Beautiful banner and avatar by sirensong!
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

The ending scenes certainly redeemed this episode.

I gave Beth a break for opening the door in her tee---I took it as she was probably not thinking too straight due to the fact that Tejada had a possible hit out on her. Also, it was an easy way for them to show the triangle and the implications of it. It is right in Mick's face that Josh and her are intimate--not that he didn't know before, but this is the first time he actually sees it.

What I don't give a break to is what several others mentioned: what the hell is she doing opening the door when Tejada has threatened her life??? At the least, Josh should have answered it, then Beth could have been seen coming into the room wearing the tee-shirt and that to me would have made more sense all the way around.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

MoonMad wrote:More than any other episode, the characterisation was off in this one. There was a very contrived feel here that really set my teeth on edge. Answering the door half dressed was just the start. I also HATED the way Beth totally treated Mick like he was an afterthought, whereas a week before she would have crawled over Josh's cold and lifeless body to get to him. I understand she was having a crisis of faith after SB, but she was still too offhand and glib with Mick here. Even after having her and Josh make love was there really a need to have her wiggle her fingers at him through the window in that cutesy way? I felt like gagging. She and Josh had never behaved that way before, and to have her doing it in front of Mick - just unbelievable. And having Josh walk out of the house like that unprotected, with ALL the cops inside with Mick and Beth was ridiculous. I know the threat was to Beth, but still, to leave Josh exposed like that in the street was BEYOND incompetent.

I would have hated this episode if it hadn't been for that wonderful scene in Griffith Park (and all the scenes after that). Everything hit the right note there for me. But before...ugh! :banghead:

I don't know, perhaps it's just because I hated the idea of Beth cooling off on Mick, but I really feel the contrived characterisation tag fits, despite that.

Mandy, you've really got to get over this reticence to tell us how you really feel! :snicker:

I agree with the OOC Beth tho... she was all over Mick and then she is suddenly alllll over Josh--including your beloved finger wag thru the window, in a way that she never was even in the early eps of the show. Tho the whole killing of Josh always struck me as the writers' cowards' way out of dealing with the love triangle.

Tho I will agree with Susan and Fleur... starting with that unforgettable scene in Griffith Park and then from there on to the end of the ep... THAT"s when the writers earned their pay checks for this ep. Wonderful from there on... :thumbs:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

The scene, near the end, where Mick comes into her apartment is one of my favorites. To me it just says it all...Mick's agnst, Beth's humanity. Everything else prior is just blah. Well allright Mick trying to save Josh was pretty good. Mick's getting all vampy and doing the snake wiggle in the interrogation room is priceless. A classic vampire moment. And what happens in the bar...very nice. But my favorite still remains Mick coming into her apartment, curtain caught by the wind, Beth sitting in the wing chair. :dracula: That to me points to the whole vampire mythos. Vamps go where they want...do what they want...they are outside of humanity. :bat2:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Just a reminder that the LLF episode discussion will be coming shortly. ;)

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
MoonMad
Fledgling

Post by MoonMad »

wpgrace wrote:Mandy, you've really got to get over this reticence to tell us how you really feel! :snicker: ...
That's me. Shy little thing I am. :oops:
coco
Cleaner

Re: I'm looking for a specific episode...

Post by coco »

I need some help again locating a scene please. :pray:

It's the extended scene where Mick is carrying Coraline over the threshold. Not the short clip from AD which I've found but I'm sure there is a longer one. :dizzy: I've been trying for ages now tonight to locate the scene and I just can't find it. :witsend:

I have used the scene before in previous vids but it was with the older software and the new software doesn't have this cut scene yet so any help would be much appreciated. :flowers:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

There is a scene in the beginning of DF where it has Mick carrying Coraline over the threshold. It's near the scene where Beth comes to ask Mick about being a vampire, the first scene of that episode.
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

coco, do you mean the scene from Dr. Feelgood?

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

helloeeze wrote:There is a scene in the beginning of DF where it has Mick carrying Coraline over the threshold. It's near the scene where Beth comes to ask Mick about being a vampire, the first scene of that episode.
You are an absolute star, helloeeze. Thank you. :flowers:
Believe it or not I scrolled through that ep too but I must have missed it. :snicker:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Help! "Mortal coil" quote

Post by Catmoon »

I can't remember which episode where Josef says even if there was a cure he wouldn't go back to the mortal coil. I know one of you Moonlightaholics will have the answer post haste! :snicker: I need it for a story and I'd rather be actually writing than fast forwarding through several eps to find it (normally I'd love to suffer through Josef scenes, but I need to write while I have the chance). Also, if you could say whether it's in the beginning middle or end of the ep would be a help. Thanks!
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: Help! "Mortal coil" quote

Post by PNWgal »

Cat, it's in The Ringer.

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Re: Help! "Mortal coil" quote

Post by nutmegger911 »

Try "The Ringer" starting at 29:00 - 31:00. Can't wait to see what you do with it.
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo

Return to “100% Moonlight”