Moonlight Q & A

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Re: Moonlight Q & A

Post by librarian_7 »

I actually have a novel (and the sequel, although I haven't read it) where the Marquis de Sade is a vampire. And you'd think, with a premise like that, it could be a truly great read...alas, the author really did NOTHING with it.

I'm sure we have fic writers who could do better.

Lucky
Tam
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Tam »

Now I can't get "Quills" out of my mind with a vampire-twist... :melts:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Okay, here's a question on which I need your help, as I don't have access to the episodes right now.

Were we ever told who died first, Lilah or Ray Fordham? And also were any details about the timing or cause(s) of their deaths given anywhere?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Red, I don't think it's stated how they died, or who died first. Robert just says something about his parents having passed away a few years ago...
eris
Sire

Post by eris »

That's one of those weird ML moments. Considering the history, you'd think Mick would have been watching the obits for those two.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

eris wrote:That's one of those weird ML moments. Considering the history, you'd think Mick would have been watching the obits for those two.
That's what I think, too. :chin:

Thanks to both of you for the replies. :smooch:

Red

jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Totally agree.

As much as Mick yearned for his lost humanity, I would have thought he would keep close tabs on the pieces of his human past but evidently, he didn't.

Just as I would have thought that he would know that Bobby Desmond went blind so a visit would be safe.

I can just hear Josef Kostan telling Mick that he has to let all that go and finally wearing Mick down on everything...

...except Beth (for which we are all grateful).

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

redwinter101 wrote:Okay, here's a question on which I need your help, as I don't have access to the episodes right now.

Were we ever told who died first, Lilah or Ray Fordham? And also were any details about the timing or cause(s) of their deaths given anywhere?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Red
Nothing concrete. I remember there was some discussion on one of the boards after Jill Blotevogel had attended one of the ML gatherings. If I recall correctly, one of the issues leading to her being let go from the series had to do with her vision for "What's Left Behind". In Jill's original version of the episode, Lila lived to see Jacob born, and much to Robert's confusion, would periodically refer to Jacob as Micky. Her version made it seem more likely that Mick was indeed Robert's father and the showrunners at the time (Werksman and Stanton) wanted her to change it so that Mick wasn't the father. Hence, the 'creative difference' that led to her leaving the series.

As for what they died of, both Lila and Ray would have been comparable in age to Mick. If Lila died sometime after 2001 (after Jacob was born), she would have been anywhere in her late 70s to mid 80s. Same thing with Ray. So perhaps their passing was simply due to old age.

As for why Mick never checked up on them? Yeah, it does seem to be a rather large hole in logic (or weird ML moment, as eris so appropriately put it). It could be any number of reasons, but perhaps it reflects the shame he felt. From the episode transcript:
When Ray turned up, I made myself scarce. What else could I do? I left my best friend for dead, and then I stole his wife. It was wrong.
Or perhaps it was one of those things that got screwed up when Jill's original version got reworked.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

I don't think Mick likely checked the obits on this couple... he did not know that Jacob had been born... hell he didn't know that Robert had been born... and if he was keeping tabs on his human ex-friends, the obit would've mentioned both Robert and Jacob as survivors. So he'd've had some heads up on his potential Papahood some time earlier.

Perhaps he didn't keep tabs on them cuz, in his shame at betraying Ray and being a vamp, he just couldn't keep that part of his human life in his life without it depressing him. Or perhaps after a certain number of his human friends ended up in the obits, it just got too much for him to continue to read the roll call.

Anyway, I would like to think, in my own mind, that Redwinter is asking this question cuz she's got another fic working its way thru HER mind... :angel:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

I would love to read Jill's original script! :happysigh: Sounds more interesting.
AussieJo
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by AussieJo »

wpgrace wrote: Anyway, I would like to think, in my own mind, that Redwinter is asking this question cuz she's got another fic working its way thru HER mind... :angel:
grace! Great minds think alike! :smooch:
What say you, Red? :rose:

I'd like to read the original script too.
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

r1015bill wrote:I would love to read Jill's original script! :happysigh: Sounds more interesting.
As would I - I would LOVE to see it.

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Y'all are adorable (and correct...) and I, too, would love to read Jill's original script.

Red

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

:yahoo: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

redwinter101 wrote:Y'all are adorable (and correct...) and I, too, would love to read Jill's original script.

Red
:devil: Yay. :batseyes:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)

Return to “100% Moonlight”