Moonlight interview with Jason - Seat 42f, April 25, 2008

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Moonlight interview with Jason - Seat 42f, April 25, 2008

Post by redwinter101 »

http://www.seat42f.com/takefive-gal-cha ... hring.html

I have no idea why this popped up on my alerts today as it's an old interview (from the day after the Paley event in April 2008). It's a great read, with Jason giving his thoughts on the show, Josef, Mick, working with the other actors, the future of the show, and much more.

Although I'd assumed there were plans for season 2 to include more of Josef's backstory, this is the first time I've seen it confirmed in such definitive terms. :sigh: :sigh:

I'm sure my views are tainted by hindsight but it seems to me that Jason, more than Alex or Sophia when interviewed at the same time, was less certain about getting picked up for a second season.

Red
Last edited by redwinter101 on Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To update links

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
susieb
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: Moonlight interview with Jason - Seat 42f, April 25, 2008

Post by susieb »

Well, reading this was bittersweet. Thank you, Red, for posting the link. I'd never seen this interview before. I wonder if Jason's experience with Veronica Mars (cancellation) was bleeding through when he spoke about the possibility of a second season. Oh well... :hankie:
Susie

Sometimes the past doesn't catch up with you, it haunts you.
ash
Logan's WoW nemesis
Location: Trying juggle, homework, uni, a social life, rp and writing things that get stuck in my head. Tough

Post by ash »

I have never read this before. Great Interview with him.

At the london convention last year. Jason confirmed the inclusion of backstory in the second season so i heard it from the horses mouth so to speak. He was also asked about J's back story and unfortunatly couldnt answer the question, probably because they are still under contract to not divulge too much in the event that a movie was to made or some future enterprise.

He was very honest and yes, very pessimistic, or rather careful about the second season. He knew the effects at the time, the other two didn't. (i wonder if Alex talked to Jason about being on two cancelled series back to back. Poor guy would know)

This interview made me laugh though. he is SOOOOO California raised, Good god how many times can he say dude and rad. bless him. I told him as much at the con :snicker: :blushing:

Awesome find and a little bittersweet two years down the line
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

What a great interview, red. I haven't seen it before,either.
So someone gave him a hand-stitched blanket as a gift? He sounded mighty impressed. And there was a storyline of Ben Talbot being a threat to the vampires and to the relationship of Mick and Beth... and more Josef backstory. Sounds like it would have been my kind of thing.
And he was impressed that people hated Josef at first, the good kind of hate. Wonder how Shannyn thought about that particular point. :rolling:
ash
Logan's WoW nemesis
Location: Trying juggle, homework, uni, a social life, rp and writing things that get stuck in my head. Tough

Post by ash »

francis wrote: So someone gave him a hand-stitched blanket as a gift?

Yes, Sandy, i believe. She was the one how also did the humidor for Alex that he sadly never got. He saw her a Polaris in 2008 and thanked her.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I can't believe I've never seen this before! Thanks so much, Red. :hug:

He had such enthusiasm for the final four episodes. :sigh:
And I never knew his first day of work was at the Goldstein house. :happysigh: He needed to be on edge for that scene so perhaps the first day jitters worked in his favor. :snicker:

francis, my take on what Jason said about the fan hating him at first is that he was talking about Logan in VM rather than Josef. I mean, really, who would hate Josef?? :nonono:

ETA: The fan who made the blanket for Jason was SaveMoonlight (Susie, I believe) and she did finally admit it at Polaris.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
ash
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by ash »

Lilly wrote:ETA: The fan who made the blanket for Jason was SaveMoonlight (Susie, I believe) and she did finally admit it at Polaris.
I knew it was an S. she was so happy that he remembered her, i think he may hav hugged her when he found out. Can't remember. I know he was stoked
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Oh, that is bittersweet. I have a hard time even reading the old interviews, because of knowing what was to come.

And the thing about the blanket, I remember hearing that, but it may have been in conjunction with the stories I heard about him at Polaris. I love the way he truly appreciates his fans...you notice, she was giving him an option to tell a "crazy rabid scary" fan story, and what does he come up with? Something lovely, and touching, and appreciative. That's our Jason, and that's one of the many reasons I'm so proud to be a fan of this wonderful young man.

Still, darn, but I'd LOVE to find out what they told him about Josef's backstory. 'Cause, you know, I have this mild interest in Josef's history...

Lucky
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

You do?? :giggle:

Oh, this was just lovely, even though it makes me sad in hindsight. Yeah, I agree that he was being a lot more cautious in his optimism, certainly moreso than Alex. But still, the excitement comes through so vividly. He loved playing Josef. :sigh:
Tam
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Tam »

The link doesn't work for me (anymore)...does anyone know it's uploaded elsewhere?
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Tam wrote:The link doesn't work for me (anymore)...does anyone know it's uploaded elsewhere?
They changed the URL. :roll:

I've updated the link in the first post.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Tam
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Tam »

:yahoo: Thanks!

Return to “100% Moonlight”