Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Re: DVD Hits #1 at Amazon

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Going to my local Target tomorrow to see if I can pick up dvd #3.
When I went last week, there were only 2 left that were out on display, and I snagged them both, so, I will see if they have re-stocked and report back.

I have to think that if we ask them to put out more, that will only help our cause of selling the bejesus out of them!
(first time typing that word, sp?)
starbucksjunkie
Logan's WoW nemesis
Location: Home drinking my own Starbucks and watching my DVDs. There's a recession on!

Post by starbucksjunkie »

Does anybody know how many--actual numbers--have been sold. Is there a Billboard-style chart for this kind of thing?

Just wondering.

"There is a degree to which . . . all literature, highbrow or low, from the Aeneid onward, is fan fiction . . . retelling and reimagining the stories that were told before us and that we have come of age loving--amateurs--we proceed, seeking out the blank places in the map that our favorite writers . . . have left for us . . ." -- Michael Chabon, Maps and Legends
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

sbj, I hope someone else can answer your question - I don't know I'm afraid. But while searching for the answer on Amazon, I did notice that on their main Movie & TV DVD page, they have a section "Top releases in January and February" and Moonlight is listed there along with HSM3, BSG season 4, Madagascar 2 etc. I think that's pretty amazing for this little show....

It is number 10 overall in movies & TV (wow)
Number 1 in boxed sets drama
Number 1 in boxed sets television

Red

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

redwinter101 wrote:sbj, I hope someone else can answer your question - I don't know I'm afraid. But while searching for the answer on Amazon, I did notice that on their main Movie & TV DVD page, they have a section "Top releases in January and February" and Moonlight is listed there along with HSM3, BSG season 4, Madagascar 2 etc. I think that's pretty amazing for this little show....

It is number 10 overall in movies & TV (wow)
Number 1 in boxed sets drama
Number 1 in boxed sets television

Red

Cannot say I'm totally surprised. We may have been relatively small in number but you couldn't beat our enthusiasm and devotion. And frankly the cancellation and cavalier attitude with which the network, the producer, and the studio treated the show and the fans has probably raised sales... we all feel it's buy it now or forever go without. I bought an extra copy cause if I ruin the first one... oh by playing it often perhaps?... I don't want to find out it's been discontinued and I can't get another one...
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Yep. My DVD set has now joined the priority list of "things to be rescued in the event of fire".

Red

laurapesada
Fledgling

Post by laurapesada »

redwinter101 wrote:Yep. My DVD set has now joined the priority list of "things to be rescued in the event of fire".

Red
LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am glad to read that . It is important to understand what it is REALLY important in life. :D
laurapesada
Fledgling

Post by laurapesada »

starbucksjunkie wrote:Does anybody know how many--actual numbers--have been sold. Is there a Billboard-style chart for this kind of thing?

Just wondering.
This just been talked in another forum.
You can check Amazon , Barnes & N , Walmart ( out of stock right now) , Tower...and check the Top Sellers . And ML is doing quite good in all of them . :)
About real numbers , Billboard has a chart , but the releases dates are behind the real release dates. Sometimes there is even a 3 week diference release date between Amazon and Billboard, so don't expect seeing nothing in Billboard for at least 2 more weeks.
About real numbers , in another forum ML32 gave us this place http://www.the-numbers.com/dvd/charts/w ... isweek.php
Probably is the best place to check for real numbers , although the week in which ML was released is still no there.
I would love to see ML DVD in that list , but I am not sure because after being lurking around diferent forums it seems WB did not send to many DVDs to the stores, sometimes just 2 copies. So How are stores supposed to seel a lot of DVDs if they don't have them??? :evil: Not everybody wants to buy in internet.
Lullani
Freelance freshie

Post by Lullani »

Red, thanks for the tip about priority things to be rescued in event of fire. I must remember to put one of my sets in safety deposit box at bank.
Fantastic avi by TugaFanatic. Gorgeous banner by Cassysj.
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Since the dvd is attached to my body, no worries about forgetting it in a disaster situation.
MSJ_sunglasses
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MSJ_sunglasses »

redwinter101 wrote:Yep. My DVD set has now joined the priority list of "things to be rescued in the event of fire".
Red
:lol: Glad your priorities are in the right place RW ;)
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:Since the dvd is attached to my body, no worries about forgetting it in a disaster situation.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Let me tell you, the piercing was hell.
one.zebra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by one.zebra »

Walking through Target the other day...Moonlight front and center in the 'New Video Releases' section..(did a quick little dance I don't think anybody noticed :D )
Banner and avatar by Twilightdew!

Travelling 33rpm in an iPod world
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

One.Zebra wrote:Walking through Target the other day...Moonlight front and center in the 'New Video Releases' section..(did a quick little dance I don't think anybody noticed :D )
Oh how marvellous.

*imagines Mary dancing*

Red

Return to “100% Moonlight”