You know you're a Moonlightaholic when...

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: You know you're a Moonlightaholic when...

Post by allegrita »

Yep... hands down, kays is the winner of the Moonlightaholics prize. :snicker: And we love you for it, doll!! :hug: :hearts: :heart:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Let's see. You walk to your workplace in the winter holidays 2007/08 because you just have to see the next ML episode on YouTube and your internet is broken.
You log on to three different websites every day to look for news about the show.
You have reached 3000 posts on three consecutive message boards within two years.
The only cause why you don't really look forward to spending Christmas with your family is that they don't have any internet access.
You still write and read fanfiction. Every day.
You give your private adress to someone you only know from a message board because they want to send something special to you. You coax someone you only know from a message board to give you their adress because you want to send something special to them. You didn't send anything to your best friends you know from university.
You dream about Mick.
When MLA is down for two days you need access to a temporary motel to calm down.
You're on a field trip with your pupils and the radio plays Mercy by Buffy and you think about the promo for Moonlight.
Someone talks about some spiritual things with you like overcoming your demons or finding salvation, and you think how much Mick would benefit from this talk.
Hope91
Freelance freshie

Post by Hope91 »

I know that I'm ML addict when I felt down in the dumps when the show got cancelled. :hankie:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

No way I can beat kays, but I have come to admire her. :hug: I'm more in line with francis and wollstonecraft.

Nearly two years later, I still think of Moonlight on a daily basis, thankful for what we saw, but always wondering about what could have been.

When I'm home, my laptop is always on and usually logged into MLA looking to chat with my online family and read and write wonderful fanfic, our own answers to 'what could have been'. I'm still amazed by the creativity of the people here.

When I hear the songs from Moonlight, the scene pops into my head and I can hear the dialogue. One of the things I liked about the show was the way it used contemporary music to accent the scenes.

That said, I still cry inside when "Love Remains the Same" plays. For a while, it seemed to be playing everywhere and I came to dread hearing it.

All things considered, I'm grateful to Trevor Munson for his vision, and for the actors who brought his vision to life. Moonlight is an experience I'll always treasure.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

bank1115 wrote:Phooey I've got you all beat! Let's see: first you buy bus ads then you buy a website. :rolling: kays
Yeah, kays, you win! :snicker:
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
lafluffy
Freelance freshie

Post by lafluffy »

When I think of this MB disappearing, and no ML forums left, I start to think I might die. :eek2:

And yes, kays wins hands down! An insanely wild and most passionately generous gesture, with a very nice and significant dividend to boot!
lafluffy, Queen of the Damned Fluffies
........................Image
.......................Fabulous screencap by the ever fabulous lighterthanair.
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

francis wrote:Let's see. You walk to your workplace in the winter holidays 2007/08 because you just have to see the next ML episode on YouTube and your internet is broken.
You log on to three different websites every day to look for news about the show.
You have reached 3000 posts on three consecutive message boards within two years.
The only cause why you don't really look forward to spending Christmas with your family is that they don't have any internet access.
You still write and read fanfiction. Every day.
You give your private adress to someone you only know from a message board because they want to send something special to you. You coax someone you only know from a message board to give you their adress because you want to send something special to them. You didn't send anything to your best friends you know from university.
You dream about Mick.
When MLA is down for two days you need access to a temporary motel to calm down.
You're on a field trip with your pupils and the radio plays Mercy by Buffy and you think about the promo for Moonlight.
Someone talks about some spiritual things with you like overcoming your demons or finding salvation, and you think how much Mick would benefit from this talk.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonShadow »

you know when, you read through everyone else's addiction and giggle because it sounds like they copied your thoughts and posted them for you. :laugh:
Banner by Lilly

Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn
The power of man, for none of woman born
Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

lafluffy wrote:When I think of this MB disappearing, and no ML forums left, I start to think I might die. :eek2:
lafluffy, the domain name - moonlightaholics.com - is almost due for renewal, and I plan to renew it for five years, if possible. :twothumbs:

MLA is staying until the mods tell me, "Sweetie, it's time to turn the lights out 'cause everyone else has left". :bmoon:
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

ITA that kays has got all of us beat. :biggrin:

As for me, um, check the post count...

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Yeah, yeah... blabbermouth. :snicker:
(Um, actually, considering my post count, maybe I'd better not say anything about being too gabby...) :blushing:
lafluffy
Freelance freshie

Post by lafluffy »

Phoenix wrote:
lafluffy wrote:When I think of this MB disappearing, and no ML forums left, I start to think I might die. :eek2:
lafluffy, the domain name - moonlightaholics.com - is almost due for renewal, and I plan to renew it for five years, if possible. :twothumbs:

MLA is staying until the mods tell me, "Sweetie, it's time to turn the lights out 'cause everyone else has left". :bmoon:
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :ysmile: :ysmile: :ysmile: :hug: :heart:
lafluffy, Queen of the Damned Fluffies
........................Image
.......................Fabulous screencap by the ever fabulous lighterthanair.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Actually, I rather like the dark. So, you can turn the lights out, but I'm stayin'. :nonono:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Lilly wrote:Actually, I rather like the dark. So, you can turn the lights out, but I'm stayin'. :nonono:
Good to know. :hug: :flowers:

Sometimes ... on a really bad day ... I drift into a rather nasty daydream about you, Alle, Lucky, PNWgal, and Red all gathering around and saying softly, "It's time to let it go, Phee. The last twenty years have been fun, but it's time to leave MLA..." :hankie:
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Yeah, right -- and then we'd all race our motorized scooters for the door. Image
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist

Return to “100% Moonlight”