Moonlight makes yet another "gone too soon" list

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Moonlight makes yet another "gone too soon" list

Post by librarian_7 »

Yup, as though we didn't know it...

http://www.film.com/tv/firefly/story/go ... d/31157682
2. Moonlight: Cloves of garlic were sent to CBS entertainment honchette Nina Tassler, blood drives were mounted across the United States, and DirecTV, the savior of Friday Night Lights, was pounded by a write-in campaign that pledged subscriptions if only the company would pick up the vampire series. Nothing worked. The fan-fueled campaigns couldn't make up for the low ratings and it was canceled in 2008. So instead of being a crime fighting vampire, CBS turned actor Alex O'Loughlin into a transplant doctor in Three Rivers. Too bad CBS didn't hang in for one more season, when they could have cashed in on the current vamp phenomenon that's turning the Twilight franchise into a money machine.

Lucky
HotMicks
Ancient

Re: Moonlight makes yet another "gone too soon" list

Post by HotMicks »

Pardon me for jumping the gun on ya, Mitzie, but...

:banghead: :grumble: :witsend: :witsend: :witsend: :grumble: :banghead:
:hot: :hot: :hot:
:beep: :wtf: :beep: :wtf:
:thunder: :thunder:

........ :angry: ........

and p.s.:
:mob:
'cause I STILL miss it. :bmoon:

ETA: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: just saw some commercial about a new flick "Transylmania" or something like that? Huh? Really? Could we be further screwed by the timing gods?
Last edited by HotMicks on Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

librarian_7 wrote:Yup, as though we didn't know it...

http://www.film.com/tv/firefly/story/go ... d/31157682
2. Moonlight: Cloves of garlic were sent to CBS entertainment honchette Nina Tassler, blood drives were mounted across the United States, and DirecTV, the savior of Friday Night Lights, was pounded by a write-in campaign that pledged subscriptions if only the company would pick up the vampire series. Nothing worked. The fan-fueled campaigns couldn't make up for the low ratings and it was canceled in 2008. So instead of being a crime fighting vampire, CBS turned actor Alex O'Loughlin into a transplant doctor in Three Rivers. Too bad CBS didn't hang in for one more season, when they could have cashed in on the current vamp phenomenon that's turning the Twilight franchise into a money machine.

Lucky
First of all, we TOLD em so at the time, but did they listen???????? :no:

Second of all, I still adore what Alex more recently said about the cancellation... "We jumped the gun and got disqualified." :giggle:
Humorous. Tho I WILL say, many competitions WILL give a contestant a second chance after a false start... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

This stuff makes my stomach ache. :slaphead: It really does still hurt. :Mickangel:
*Christy*

lafluffy
Freelance freshie

Post by lafluffy »

To me this is further validation that we were ahead of our time and that we were right in thinking ML a classic. :thumbs: Firefly is a comparable example.
lafluffy, Queen of the Damned Fluffies
........................Image
.......................Fabulous screencap by the ever fabulous lighterthanair.
MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonShadow »

The fact that CBS has shot themselves in the foot repeatedly since the 1960's doesn't bode well for any future shows produced by CBS. One can hope though that MoonLight may one day have the same kind of revival that Star Trek did. Three spin offs and 8 (9?) movies. That would do my lonely :Mickangel: heart a world of good.
Banner by Lilly

Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn
The power of man, for none of woman born
Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

This article makes me somewhat sad - yet again. However, after reading it I may try and find the Firefly DVD. I assume there is one? Thanks.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Moonlightsonata wrote:However, after reading it I may try and find the Firefly DVD. I assume there is one? Thanks.
:offtopic: There certainly is - and the follow-up movie, Serenity. The movie's great but the original series is AWESOME. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

MoonShadow wrote:The fact that CBS has shot themselves in the foot repeatedly since the 1960's doesn't bode well for any future shows produced by CBS. One can hope though that MoonLight may one day have the same kind of revival that Star Trek did. Three spin offs and 8 (9?) movies. That would do my lonely :Mickangel: heart a world of good.
Mine, too, Moonshadow. Mine, too.
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Don't laugh, but I had an idea running around in my furry little brain relative to spin offs -

The idea was to have a series that centered on Josef, one set in the not to distant future, but one in which Mick and Beth were absent for some reason, maybe they died, maybe they moved away. Josef would be fostering a relatively young vamp, sort of a replacement for Mick, but one with different issues. As Josef tutors his new vamp, the series would periodically go back to Josef's past, providing his back story, but also providing 'lessons' for his young vamp to learn from.

anyway...just a thought
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

I would watch it, although ML for me was Mick. But I would definitely watch it.
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
greenleaf9
Rogue vampire

Post by greenleaf9 »

darkstarrising wrote:Don't laugh, but I had an idea running around in my furry little brain relative to spin offs -

The idea was to have a series that centered on Josef, one set in the not to distant future, but one in which Mick and Beth were absent for some reason, maybe they died, maybe they moved away. Josef would be fostering a relatively young vamp, sort of a replacement for Mick, but one with different issues. As Josef tutors his new vamp, the series would periodically go back to Josef's past, providing his back story, but also providing 'lessons' for his young vamp to learn from.

anyway...just a thought
Dsr, that is an awesome thought! If only that could be. One of the reasons I was so upset when the canceled ML, was because we never got Josef's backstory :sigh:
Banner created by the lovely RedNightBird.

"...The moon's an arrant thief, and her pale fire fire she snatches from the sun..." ~William Shakespeare

Better Safe Than Staked.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

greenleaf9 wrote:
darkstarrising wrote:Don't laugh, but I had an idea running around in my furry little brain relative to spin offs -

anyway...just a thought
Dsr, that is an awesome thought! If only that could be. One of the reasons I was so upset when the canceled ML, was because we never got Josef's backstory :sigh:
Me, too...although, heh, heh...it certainly has given us a lot of latitude with fic.

Lucky

Return to “100% Moonlight”