Moonlight to re-air in Italy

kalua
Freelance freshie

Moonlight to re-air in Italy

Post by kalua »

After airing last year on a digital channel with just 2 mil. subscribers, finally Moonlight will air in Italy on network TV (Italia 1). :yahoo:
Unfortunately the timeslot is pretty awful, the first two episodes will air next Friday, Nov. 27 at 11.45 pm.
Not much of a surprise, since this is the network that launched House in August, aired Veronica Mars (season 3) at 3 pm and has been airing 24 at 11.30 pm or later, on a “chicks channel”.
The positive side is that the show is receiving some attention from the press, which is not all that usual for a show airing this late and lasting just a season.
The main Italian TV magazine had a half page a couple of weeks ago and this week they dedicated the cover of the TV listings section (see scan below) to ML, plus two smaller pics.
Also another TV magazine has a 2-page article with Alex’s bio and several pictures; ok, they got his age wrong and put a picture with Holly as his current girlfriend, but it was nice to see his face on an Italian magazine.
Personally, I’m campaining at my office to get a few women to watch it: I sent them the link to THE interview (with subtitles) and to be more convincing I also attached the latest pic of Alex, you know, the one from Who magazine. :snicker:
"Moonlight - To the last drop. Not only in theaters with NEW MOON, also on television it is vampire time: 16 episodes for a thriller series having all the right features to become a cult"
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Moonlight to re-air in Italy

Post by redwinter101 »

oh, kalua, what wonderful news. I'm so happy you'll be able to watch Moonlight on real TV (even in such an anti-social timeslot). And I LOVE your efforts to attract new viewers. :snicker:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

That's great news, kalua. You're a trooper, convincing people to stay up that late for Moonlight.

Here in Germany they sent 4 episodes of Veronica Mars on Sunday at midnight, then stopped. Seems they didn't want an audience. Moonlight at least had a good timeslot on Monday at 9 pm. I hope they repeat it some day.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Yay! Kalua, that's wonderful news! :hug: :hearts:
And how wonderful to see Mick and Beth on the cover of a recent publication! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

There's nothing like seeing them on TV - commercials and all.

And I have to say, I just adore Josef in Italian... :hearts:

A few Moonlight scenes dubbed in Italian

OK, OK -- I pretty much adore him in any language. :blushing:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

:giggle: to Lilly...
:hyper2: for Kalua... have fun!
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Enjoy, kalua. :yahoo:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

What great news for you Kalua!
Lilly wrote:And I have to say, I just adore Josef in Italian... :hearts:

A few Moonlight scenes dubbed in Italian

OK, OK -- I pretty much adore him in any language. :blushing:
Josef in Italian is way cool! :twothumbs:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
aolver
Rogue vampire

Post by aolver »

:dracula: WOW...Moonlight and Mick and Beth on the cover of a TV magazine. More than we got. Wish I had a copy of that. :yahoo:
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

Congratulations and enjoy. Those Italian girls are really frolicking in the pool, giggling and splashing water.
kalua
Freelance freshie

Post by kalua »

The channel airing Moonlight is treating the show really badly, starting one hour late, promising two episodes and airing just one, etc.
BUT they gave it some space on their site http://www.tv.mediaset.it/italia1/

"Directly from Australia here is the new star of the moment, the hunky Alex O'Loughlin, leading man in Moonlight, a series on the world of vampires. Will he follow the steps of famous compatriots Mel Gibson, Nicole Kidman e Hugh Jackman?"

And here is an interview, actually nothing new, but they had good taste in chosing the pic! :snicker:
http://www.tv.mediaset.it/italia1/telef ... 4263.shtml

It begins saying "If you thing the combination Australia-actors only rhymes with Mel Gibson, Nicole Kidman e Hugh Jackman you're mighty wrong".

Return to “100% Moonlight”