Channel Nine (Australia) airing ML - not any more...

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Channel Nine (Australia) airing ML - not any more...

Post by wpgrace »

We invite him to become of citizen of our country. We are working on healthcare, honey, and given the visual evidence, you will be a very healthy asset, helping to keep down those premiums, to the insurance pool.

Or any pool, frankly. :devil:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
MoonMad
Fledgling

Post by MoonMad »

Well, to be fair, this network is still airing the episodes on their new digital channel I think. It's only on the regular channel that they've pulled the series.
VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2009/10/gon ... -girl.html

And they are replacing Moonlight with a show called "Secret Diary of a Call Girl". :confused2: Seriously? Thats the name of the show? :noway:
Beautiful banner and avatar by sirensong!
aolver
Rogue vampire

Post by aolver »

:chin: This has got me wondering....how does Oz treat the other aussies who have come here and are appearing in TV shows and movies? Are they also ignoring actors like Simon Baker, etc? And what do they fill their programming with, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day? :chin:
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
MoonMad
Fledgling

Post by MoonMad »

aolver wrote::chin: This has got me wondering....how does Oz treat the other aussies who have come here and are appearing in TV shows and movies? Are they also ignoring actors like Simon Baker, etc? And what do they fill their programming with, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day? :chin:
Well to be fair, our networks are no different to yours. They pull shows that don't do well. The Mentalist is on the air, not because Simon Baker is in it, but because it rates well. Most of our hits are also what are hits in America, although our top rated drama/comedy is Australian, and we have quite a few home grown shows that are doing well. It's got nothing to do with the nationality of the stars :dizzy: . If Alex appears in a show that does well then he'd be seen on TV here as well. It's just unfortunate that both his TV shows have not found their footing. Pulling TR after one episode however was unforgivable IMO. Moonlight was on at 10.30 pm so that's why it can be replaced by a show called "Secret Diary of a Call Girl".
MoonMarg
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonMarg »

MoonMad wrote: Pulling TR after one episode however was unforgivable IMO.
I agree Mandy and I'm still seething over it. How can they seriously make a decision on 1 episode?? That is the only episode I've seen. I don't know whether to hope it keeps going in the US and wait for it to come back on or just bite the bullet and download it from somewhere and watch the episodes as they are airing.

As for ML getting pulled - I don't know why they put it on in the first place. They started it mid-season and put it on at 10.30 at night. Of course no-one would watch it. Plus it's still airing on GO channel.

The people who run TV stations are a strange breed! :dizzy:

Return to “100% Moonlight”