Moonlight DVD wins the Saturn Award!!

nana

Re: Moonlight DVD wins the Saturn Award!!

Post by nana »

OH I WILL NOT REGRET IT, THAT I AM SURE OF....AND SINCE I AM A MEMBER OF SCIFIS

SATURN AWARD VOTERS, I HAVE ASKED THEM, WHERE IT WENT, MAYBE THEY WILL HAVE

AN IDEA....ANYONE SHORT OF WARNER BROTHERS AND I WILL BE UNHAPPY....
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

Life can be very ironic, can't it? Harry picking up the award and all.

All the new fans from Sci-Fi that I'm coming across are asking why, why, why??? Why was it cancelled. It's still hard to believe a year later. Maybe it's easy to believe it's cancelled because good shows are cancelled all the time. On an emotional level, it still hurts.
nayp
Fledgling

Post by nayp »

For Moonlight getting this award it proves what we knew all along, it was a class act. It was 16 episodes that will stay in fans hearts longer than shows that are on for years have any hope of. For me it doesn't matter any more who or what killed Moonlight, it was gone before it's time, but it deserves to go out with class, like the show.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Beautifully stated, nayp! :hug:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

nayp wrote:For Moonlight getting this award it proves what we knew all along, it was a class act. It was 16 episodes that will stay in fans hearts longer than shows that are on for years have any hope of. For me it doesn't matter any more who or what killed Moonlight, it was gone before it's time, but it deserves to go out with class, like the show.
Nicely said. Very nicely said.

Lucky
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

nayp wrote:For Moonlight getting this award it proves what we knew all along, it was a class act. It was 16 episodes that will stay in fans hearts longer than shows that are on for years have any hope of. For me it doesn't matter any more who or what killed Moonlight, it was gone before it's time, but it deserves to go out with class, like the show.
:smooch:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Couldn't have said it better. :rose: ...and it will stay with us for a very long time.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

It was to bad that 'they' kept trying to change the direction of the show. The initial storyline of a vampire in (forbidden) love with a human was just perfect. We really didn't need werewolves. And had 'they' chosen to expand on other parts of the show, good grief, Josef was a huge fan fave...they could have expanded his role tremendously. Or Coraline and her family...messing up Mick's life....wonderful! Werewolves...no. Just. No. JMO, of course. :dracula:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
aolver
Rogue vampire

Post by aolver »

Okay, this is the third time I've tried to reply here and I'm having a problem doing that. Hopefully it works this time. Anyway, over the last few days I have fallen off the Moonlight wagon, gone down the moonlight rabbit hole, gone into another tailspin just like last year, and feeling the loss just as much, just as fresh. Maybe it was ML winning the Saturn award, or being on the Amazom top 25 list. Maybe it was the end of ML run on SciFi last nite. But mostly I think it was the release of the TV GUIDE sexiest tv stars of 2008 photos that were not used and never seen until last week.....OMG I still can't breathe. It brought it all back for me. I am in ML and Mick relapse. I'm missing it again , just as much as I did a year ago. I thought I was doing so well, what with Vincent and Andy and Stan in our lives now. I think I've resigned myself to the fact that I will always feel the way I do about Moonlight and Mick. I was kidding myself. I wonder how much Alex has really moved on. I want him to, just as I want to, but I'm thinking that he and the rest of us will never fully recover. I know now I don't want to recover, not that I want to wallow for all time. And NANA, I am with you....the Mick hair and the beautiful clean shaven face....I can't think...I can't breathe. Although the TVG scruffy photos were NICE.
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

aolver, well you're in the right place. There are so many of us here who are just as "down the rabbit hole" as you are and still find ML utterly captivating and magical.

I don't think we wallow though - we celebrate. With pictures. And lots of lovely fic. :thumbs:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

redwinter101 wrote:aolver, well you're in the right place. There are so many of us here who are just as "down the rabbit hole" as you are and still find ML utterly captivating and magical.
We celebrate, appreciate and enjoy the magic that Moonlight brought.
I don't think we wallow though - we celebrate. With pictures. And lots of lovely fic. :thumbs:

Red
So true, Red, so true. Is there still some sadness that ML didn't get to continue? Absolutely, but I'd rather celebrate, appreciate and enjoy all the magic that came with Moonlight.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I agree. The time for recriminations is over. I'm celebrating what we have. And happy that other people are still discovering how wonderful it is... :rose: and that we have this place (and others) to share our love together. (Thank you, dear Phoenix!) :hearts:
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

I suppose what helps, in the tinest of ways, is that over and over again we have been told that we were right. TPTB made a mistake...Moonlight was really good TV, a show worth watching, a show that should have been continued. :dracula:
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

helloeeze, aolver, redwinter, darkstarrising, allegrita, and bluedahlia, thanks for your recent comments on this. I needed them this week what with unreleased Alex pictures, Saturn Awards and Amazon rankings. And thanks Phoenix and the Mods for providing us with a place to celebrate here.

As much as I like reading, and seeing pictures of Alex in his various new roles, and looking forward to seeing more of him in the fall, I still miss Mick and the rest of the Moonlight crew. Not sure that ache will ever ever go away.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire

Post by bluedahlia3 »

No moonlightsonata, it probably won't. But still, celebrate what we have. In sixteen epi's they gave us a great gift. :dracula:

Return to “100% Moonlight”