Misc. Moonlight Ramblings

Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Misc. Moonlight Ramblings

Post by Catmoon »

I decided I wanted a place to bring up my burning questions, to which I may receive some answers from the community. Just random thoughts and impressions with absolutely no remedial value. Silliness may abound...

First question: can someone tell me why the heck Mick keeps fruit at the FOS? Limes for the margaritas? :snicker: I believe I've seen pears and apples. When humans come over he can offer them booze & fruit. The coffee I can see, for clients. "Would you like a pear with your decaf, Mrs. Jones?"

Perhaps it's just fake, for show and part of the stylish decor of the place. You know, for a guy who complained about going couch shopping with Josef, he must have spent a lot of time decorating his apartment. Even if he hired someone, you wouldn't think he'd give Josef such a hard time when he's obviously concerned with interior decorating himself. What episode was the couch shopping in again?

Second: Since I've been reading the marvelous Moulin de la Galette, by Greenleaf, I was thinking about those little running bits we bestow on poor Josef. She enjoys coming up with ways to destroy his prized Renoir in all her stories, and in mine I like ruining his expensive suits. Just wondering if anyone else has a "torture Josef" theme going? :snicker:

More questions as I think of them, and feel free to add your own.
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: Misc. Moonlight Ramblings

Post by helloeeze »

I'm thinking Mick hired an interior decorator. I'm not sure he would have the inclination to pick out his own stuff. Mick probably picked the style (modern, natural, clean lines) and let the decorator have at it. Mick suggested the bookcase, though. He needed space for the "Trouble with Treebles" book. The pears were fake and he liked that. Mick really liked those fake pears, I'm thinking.

It's never been clarified why Mick had a urinal next to his freezer. That sounds so un-Mick like. He was probably really mad that the interior decorator did that, I'm thinking.
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

helloeeze wrote:I'm thinking Mick hired an interior decorator. I'm not sure he would have the inclination to pick out his own stuff. Mick probably picked the style (modern, natural, clean lines) and let the decorator have at it. Mick suggested the bookcase, though. He needed space for the "Trouble with Treebles" book. The pears were fake and he liked that. Mick really liked those fake pears, I'm thinking.
I can see it now -- Mick has to foot the dentist bill when Beth wanders over, grabs one, and bites in. :snicker: Is fake fruit still 'in" as a decorating thing? I remember it was big when I was young, my mother had some.
It's never been clarified why Mick had a urinal next to his freezer. That sounds so un-Mick like. He was probably really mad that the interior decorator did that, I'm thinking.
Yeah, that's another good question! The only thing I can think of is that it was originally a bathroom that he turned into his freezer room. It was so glaringly obviously there though, that when you first see it you're thinking, "vampires must do #1," why else would he need it? :giggle:

Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

Another thing. I remember wondering on the thread about Josef's house, why a vampire would want a house with all that glass to let the sun in. I realized that Coraline also lived in a glass house, so maybe it is a vamp thing. Perhaps it actually makes the older vamps feel more comfortable and safe, like they can see the 'torch bearing mobs' coming from miles away? Or glass is harder to burn? :snicker: Any theories?

PS: yeah, these are silly questions just for those of us who enjoy speculating about the little details, and I fully realize there are "real" life reasons for all of these things. Anything involving the set designers or show's budget, etc., would just take the fun out of it. ;)

bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

Catmoon wrote:Another thing. I remember wondering on the thread about Josef's house, why a vampire would want a house with all that glass to let the sun in. I realized that Coraline also lived in a glass house, so maybe it is a vamp thing. Perhaps it actually makes the older vamps feel more comfortable and safe, like they can see the 'torch bearing mobs' coming from miles away? Or glass is harder to burn? :snicker: Any theories?

PS: yeah, these are silly questions just for those of us who enjoy speculating about the little details, and I fully realize there are "real" life reasons for all of these things. Anything involving the set designers or show's budget, etc., would just take the fun out of it. ;)
Yeah, Cora's glass house always bugged me too! Vamp's do so many things they don't want the world watching...Too much sun, nope I can't see it for her. For Josef, I thought his house had a cave feel. Even though the front was glass, the back recessed 'into' a darker enviroment, especially with the sloping ceiling line. I could also see a bat or two hidden somewhere up there. So I felt that worked. I wish they would have shot more scenes there. I loved the entry with the water feature and the pool was incredible. :dracula:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

Great thread..fun to speculate!! My thinking on Josef's house was he bought it for the view..Josef likes to believe himself the "Emperor" of his domain..which, for the time being, is Los Angeles..he likes to feel above it all and in control. Keep an eye on his "livestock".. :snicker:

As for the fruit..since Mick was in "reality" 85 years old, maybe it was the way his mother decorated and he felt comfortable with that...

The urinal? AHHH..haven't got a clue. Thought that was extremely odd myself!! :giggle:
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

The vamps do drink alcohol. It must have to "go" somewhere.
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

In my mind the freezer room is very Mick. The room is absolutely stark, no art, no windows; in fact there are no textiles, only the bare walls and floor. The room houses only that which Mick doesn't want to share with the world, his freezer, his urinal and his dirty laundry (you don't see his wardrobe hanging in there, but he has a hook to hang the clothes he removes at the end of the night.).
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

Bluedahlia3: ITA. Actually I didn't think too much of 'Josef's house' until I saw the other photos posted here, of the view and the bedroom... Gorgeous.

JIMS: You're right, his house could be considered kinda like a throne to look over his kingdom from... ;) :notworthy:

R1015bill & Nutmegger911: I guess most people assume the alchol is just absorbed, but that urinal does make a case for vamps needing to use one, IMO. It was too obviously there. I had a line about Mick needing to "go" in one of my first stories. I ended up taking it out because I thought it sounded stupid. Now I realize the uninal was the reason I'd assumed they did.

Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

And another thing... ;)

We've been shown that ML vamps can eat (the chips and pork buns in DF), just that they don't because there's no taste/nutrition for them. Mick seems to refuse even to pretend in public. I had this thought while making my coffee this morning, adding sugar with the "sugar spoon" that's been passed down and used for that in my family for at least 40 years. I believe Mick may have had a traumatic experience with silverware. :snicker:

Probably these days a lot of us tend to forget that utensils used to typically be silver, before stainless steel came into everyday use. Would have made it difficult for vamps. Maybe Mick tried once decades ago, now he's too traumatized to touch another spoon. ;)

I can see it now: Mick "sleeps over" at Beth's apartment. The next morning he wants to be a gentleman and make her coffee. She takes it with two teaspoons of sugar, so he grabs the spoon -- and immediately yelps and drops it. "Warn me next time!" he exclaims. "Sorry, that spoon's an heirloom, it was my grandmother's," Beth replies. :giggle:

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

LOL--Cat, that very thing happened in our FB project, last summer!!! :giggle:
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

You know, I stumbled upon this thread (which is quite interesting, btw) from Googling my name. (Yes, I know, I have too much time on my hands.) I thought these threads were not viewable to the public. I also discovered my Photobucket mysteriously converted to public when I had set it at private. It's not that I have anything to hide.....well, maybe a little..... but I find the whole thing puzzling.
Does anyone know whether this thread should be Googe-able?

Back on topic.

Yes, Mick has eschewed food (no pun intended there) supposedly because it had no taste. He didn't make any effort to eat it just for appearance sake. Perhaps it gave him an upset stomach....assuming he had a stomach. I always found it "convenient" that Mick and Josef couldn't do most human bodily functions except for drinking alcohol and sex. They get to have all the fun without getting gas, blotted stomach, bowel irregularties, etc.
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

helloeeze wrote:Yes, Mick has eschewed food (no pun intended there) supposedly because it had no taste. He didn't make any effort to eat it just for appearance sake. Perhaps it gave him an upset stomach....assuming he had a stomach. I always found it "convenient" that Mick and Josef couldn't do most human bodily functions except for drinking alcohol and sex. They get to have all the fun without getting gas, blotted stomach, bowel irregularties, etc.
In my personal ML universe, I go on the theory that they can eat if they want to for appearances... but unless they "get rid of it" right away aftewards, since their digestive system doesn't work it will sit there irritating their stomach until it decomposes/is absorbed. So yeah, I think that an upset stomach might be an option! I think most of us assume that while they can drink they can't get drunk like humans from it, so that does take some of the fun out of it. ;) As for sex, well, one of my vamps says if they couldn't have sex he would have killed himself centuries ago! :snicker:

Return to “100% Moonlight”