Moonlight on SyFy - next marathon November 10, 2011

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Moonlight on Sci Fi

Post by wpgrace »

MSJ_sunglasses wrote:It was strange to be watching Moonlight 'on TV' again but great at the same time.

As Sci-Fi have been so kind to show Moonlight I thought I'd return the favour and watch Stark Trek and Invasion too. I'm not really into ST but it was OK whereas Invasion was a lot better, imho. Did anyone else spot the Moonlight connection in Invasion? The character of Larkin Groves is played by Lisa Sheridan who will be in this Friday's Out of the Past as Julia Stevens, author of Wronged Man.

Can't wait for Friday and Mick's woeful "please don't look at me" near the end. Sorry Mick, we can't help it! :lol:

Ah, yes, MSJ... one of THE scenes in the series... we'll see it together again... cool.

Welcome to the board, btw... there are great pictures in the Mick and Alex threads... just in case the MSJ part of your name means you're into Mick/Alex... just guessing and all... ;)
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

I don't get Sci-Fi, but I'll pop in the DVD and pretend. See you all on Friday at 9:00.
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

nutmegger911 wrote:I don't get Sci-Fi, but I'll pop in the DVD and pretend. See you all on Friday at 9:00.

We'll be looking for ya, virtually speaking...

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

SirenSong
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SirenSong »

Is anyone interested in the viewing numbers for the January 23rd episode on SciFi?

Maybe? :o

1.166 million viewers.

I can't say if that's good or bad considering it's not a brand new show with original content. I'm assuming that it's probably average for reruns. It'll be interesting to see if those numbers hold steady (or rise or fall) as the series continues.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

SirenSong wrote:Is anyone interested in the viewing numbers for the January 23rd episode on SciFi?

1.166 million viewers.

I can't say if that's good or bad considering it's not a brand new show with original content. I'm assuming that it's probably average for reruns. It'll be interesting to see if those numbers hold steady (or rise or fall) as the series continues.
any idea of what the numbers were for the shows on either side of it? Invasion is a new series, and Battlestar Galactica has a fairly good following. Both of these shows have new episodes.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
SirenSong
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SirenSong »

darkstarrising wrote:
SirenSong wrote:Is anyone interested in the viewing numbers for the January 23rd episode on SciFi?

1.166 million viewers.

any idea of what the numbers were for the shows on either side of it? Invasion is a new series, and Battlestar Galactica has a fairly good following. Both of these shows have new episodes.
Here's what I could find to do a comparison:

Invasion -- 627,000 viewers (ouch!)
Battlestar Galactica -- 1.717 million viewers (down 10% from its premiere - ouch again!)
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Wellllll, at least ML went up from its lead in... and yes, it will be interesting to see what happens this week. Hoping the numbers hold or climb, as are we all I am sure... not that it matters I guess... just pride at this point.

Thank you for finding those for us, SS... I was wondering...

darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

SirenSong wrote:
darkstarrising wrote:

1.166 million viewers.

Battlestar Galactica -- 1.717 million viewers (down 10% from its premiere - ouch again!)
OK, now that's interesting.

Invasion is a new series, one Sci-fi was hoping to draw in viewers as their mega shows wind up. Apparently not a major draw.

Battlestar Galactica is one of those mega shows with a pretty dedicated following. Sci-fi is hoping that the BSG folks will segue into the new show Caprica.

So, with Moonlight re-runs getting 1.166 million viewers, noting the DVD is now available, twice as much as the new series Invasion, and less than a mega show with new episodes, offhand I'd say not bad, not bad at all.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

tecc
Fledgling

Post by tecc »

darkstarrising wrote:
SirenSong wrote:
darkstarrising wrote:

1.166 million viewers.

OK, now that's interesting.

Invasion is a new series, one Sci-fi was hoping to draw in viewers as their mega shows wind up. Apparently not a major draw.

Battlestar Galactica is one of those mega shows with a pretty dedicated following. Sci-fi is hoping that the BSG folks will segue into the new show Caprica.

So, with Moonlight re-runs getting 1.166 million viewers, noting the DVD is now available, twice as much as the new series Invasion, and less than a mega show with new episodes, offhand I'd say not bad, not bad at all.
Invasion isn't a new series though. These are reruns along with Moonlight. Invasion used to run on ABC a couple seasons ago. Still not sure if the numbers are good or bad...a wait and see approach I guess.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Please bear in mind that I know very little about ratings in the US, but these numbers seem pretty good to me. It'll be interesting to see what happens this week.

I just love the thought of over a million people (or is it households?) tuning in to watch.

Still feeling the Moonlight love......

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

redwinter101 wrote:Please bear in mind that I know very little about ratings in the US, but these numbers seem pretty good to me. It'll be interesting to see what happens this week.

I just love the thought of over a million people (or is it households?) tuning in to watch.

Still feeling the Moonlight love......

Red

I know almost nothing about this stuff either, and never gave a whit until Moonlight was fighting for its life... but I remember reading somewhere that 2 million viewers was a blockbuster showing at SciFi... don't know if that is true or not, but I read it.

So if ML got a bit over a million, it isn't a big hit, but it also isn't bad. And it got more than its lead-in, which is a new thing for ML...And hopefully SOME of that million are new viewers and not just us.

Tho even that doesn't really matter. The show is still over... but I WOULD love to see decent DVD sales, just for the sake of the show's pride.

Cause it is irksome to be dissed all the time by TPTB... the show, with all its little foibles, was always better than it got from TPTB...

bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

I agree, I'll watch SciFi, even though I have the show on Amazon Unbox, three copies of the DVD and all epi's recorded on the big TV downstairs. Wait...does that make me a fan? :lol: When I bought the DVD at Target I asked the salesperson to watch it on Friday. Such an idiot, so silly.
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

bluedahlia3 wrote:I agree, I'll watch SciFi, even though I have the show on Amazon Unbox, three copies of the DVD and all epi's recorded on the big TV downstairs. Wait...does that make me a fan? :lol: When I bought the DVD at Target I asked the salesperson to watch it on Friday. Such an idiot, so silly.
Not silly...not silly at all, just devoted....
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

bluedahlia3 wrote:I agree, I'll watch SciFi, even though I have the show on Amazon Unbox, three copies of the DVD and all epi's recorded on the big TV downstairs. Wait...does that make me a fan? :lol: When I bought the DVD at Target I asked the salesperson to watch it on Friday. Such an idiot, so silly.
I did the same thing. Actually, I caused a scene when I squeed in the middle of the aisle upon seeing the DVD. :oops: People stopped what they were doing to see what was going on, so I went into pitch mode asking folks to watch on Friday and saying how they should buy the box set.

Honestly, it wasn't planned, just spontaneous enthusiasm. I used to say "I don't squee," but now that has to be qualified with generally speaking...

One thing I do is everywhere I go that carries DVDs I ask if they have Moonlight. The guy at Borders said "No, but you're the third person who asked this weekend. If they hear it often enough a store will often order it.
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

nutmegger911 wrote:
I did the same thing. Actually, I caused a scene when I squeed in the middle of the aisle upon seeing the DVD. :oops: People stopped what they were doing to see what was going on, so I went into pitch mode asking folks to watch on Friday and saying how they should buy the box set.

Honestly, it wasn't planned, just spontaneous enthusiasm. I used to say "I don't squee," but now that has to be qualified with generally speaking...

One thing I do is everywhere I go that carries DVDs I ask if they have Moonlight. The guy at Borders said "No, but you're the third person who asked this weekend. If they hear it often enough a store will often order it.

Nice infiltration, NM... we're taking over the world, one Borders location at a time... ;)

Return to “100% Moonlight”